Fisher: "Jared and Sean are ready, and I'm enjoying Case under center"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Part of me realizes this is Fisher in mid season and 90% of what he says is bullshit. The rest of me realizes that the remaining 10% is usually bat shit crazy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I get the feeling, that after one more Pick 6 from Case, we see Goff. But I don't like to think about any more Pick 6s!

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The idiocy of Jeff Fisher is unbelievable. Your trade away the farm for a #1 pick then say your #1 pick is ready to play but you won't play him because you like having your current QB who has some of the worst stats in the league play instead. I truly think Fisher is disillusion. No pro football coach can be this stupid.
On a side note Fisher will tally more loses then any other coach in the history of the league this year. nuff said.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
If Fisher thought with his own true convictions and advice from Weinke and Boras that Goff was ready, there is little doubt he would be starting this Sunday or even in London.

GettyImages-612076738-1024x683.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

Apparently there's a whole bunch of doubt. I'm glad you're faith is strong. I find my lack of faith... disturbing.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I said during the off-season, in a podcast, that there was a weird dynamic between Keenum and Fisher. It's like they're BFFs, and Fisher feeds off of Keenum's excitement, as does Keenum off of Fisher's. Never saw Fisher get as animated around a QB as he does with Keenum.

Now, that said, if that's the *only* reason why Case is starting, then that's not cool.

"Did you see me out there coach?"______"Awesome! you got a first down before the punt"
Jeff+Fisher+Case+Keenum+St+Louis+Rams+v+Baltimore+x5uthRS77kql.jpg

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I really don't get it either. I'm starting to believe that Fisher is pulling this crap to buy himself another year. I think Fisher knows that if he can play around .500 with Case and stay in the hunt that he will get another year with the expectation of Goff being the starter next year.

If he plays Goff now and he flops Fisher and Snead don't see another year.

I think there is some truth in this post

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is just a little thing, but I think it's an important distinction.

He didn't say, "Jared is ready, BUT I'm enjoying Case under center."
He said, "Jared is ready, AND I'm enjoying Case under center."

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I said during the off-season, in a podcast, that there was a weird dynamic between Keenum and Fisher. It's like they're BFFs, and Fisher feeds off of Keenum's excitement, as does Keenum off of Fisher's. Never saw Fisher get as animated around a QB as he does with Keenum.

Now, that said, if that's the *only* reason why Case is starting, then that's not cool.

X.Now you know what you have to do .Just keep your eyes on the watch and repeat after
me."I must kidnap Keenum. Keenum Keenum......Store him in my basement or a Elevator Shaft Shaft Shaft
whichever is more convenient convenient convenient

hypnosis swinging watch.gif

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I seriously have to wonder if Fisher just gets off on trolling the fan base. Or as the other poster said buying time for him to keep his job. Why trade all those picks if you liked Keenum so much. Time to shit or get off the pot, Fisher...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

True, that is indeed the exact quote.............

And ...........

fb0c0bdc7eabcbd368e146f7d671eb47.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is there anyway we could change my title? I must have not been paying attention because that's precisely what I quoted him as saying lol

I don't want people thinking I'm trying to put fallacies on here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is there anyway we could change my title? I must have not been paying attention because that's precisely what I quoted him as saying lol

I don't want people thinking I'm trying to put fallacies on here.
Well, alright, I'll change it.
But stop waving your fallacy around. It's creepy.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Sounds like a typical media spin:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher was asked by Lions reporters about his plan for Jared Goff. "He's getting better every week," Fisher said. "He's proven since he got here. Had a really good offseason; I was pleased with his training camp. He and Case (Keenum) and Sean (Mannion) are getting along great. Jared and Sean, rather, are ready to play. And right now I'm enjoying Case under center. That's the most important thing. But Jared is coming along. He's everything we thought he was going to be, and time will tell. No timetable as far as that's concerned."

All he really said was that he was progressing nicely. As for that previous thread that stated Goff was ready, I'm still skeptical of that until I hear it straight out of Fisher's wordhole. We'll see though, I personally want Goff playing but if we win with Keenum at Detroit, who am I to complain?

giphy.gif