Favorite part of Thursday Night football....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

by far the best commentators, imo... love having mayock on there - great insight, is truthful and offers solid analysis.. not like a gruden who loves every player or some other dumb broadcasters who shall remain nameless.... sometimes you don't mind watching games without the sound on (like at a bar or somethin) - Thursdays I definitely want it on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
iced said:
by far the best commentators, imo... love having mayock on there - great insight, is truthful and offers solid analysis.. not like a gruden who loves every player or some other dumb broadcasters who shall remain nameless.... sometimes you don't mind watching games without the sound on (like at a bar or somethin) - Thursdays I definitely want it on.

Gruden is awful but I'm not a Mayock fan either.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Best part for me is that it's on Thursday night. What the fuck else would I be watching on Thursday night if there was no NFL football. I can't get enough.

As for Mayock,,, he can kiss my ass. That mother-efer pissed me off once and for all when he called our game against zona last year. He was literally screaming with unbridled excitement like a schoolgirl when a zona RB broke free for a long run. He was clearly rooting against the Rams. His fucking giddy scream came to a screeching halt when D Stewart knocked the zona RB the fuck out. He sounded like he got his widdle feelings butt hurt for the next 5 minutes.

V3

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
Best part for me is that it's on Thursday night. What the freak else would I be watching on Thursday night if there was no NFL football. I can't get enough.

Exactly. There's nothing else to watch.

I like watching other teams play on Thursday. I don't like it when the Rams play on Thursday. I don't like the short week for the players, I don't like the long week after they play, and I don't like the prospect of the Rams getting embarrassed on the national stage. The Rams didn't embarrass themselves in their Thursday game last year but they sure did in London.

Selassie I said:
Best part for me is that it's on Thursday night. What the freak else would I be watching on Thursday night if there was no NFL football. I can't get enough.

As for Mayock,,, he can kiss my ass. That mother-efer pissed me off once and for all when he called our game against zona last year. He was literally screaming with unbridled excitement like a schoolgirl when a zona RB broke free for a long run. He was clearly rooting against the Rams. His freaking giddy scream came to a screeching halt when D Stewart knocked the zona RB the freak out. He sounded like he got his widdle feelings butt hurt for the next 5 minutes.

And I bet there is a Cardinals fan out there who felt like he was rooting for the Rams that night when he was raving about their D-line battering Kolb for 60 minutes. Announcers don't root for teams, they root for a good game.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah it closes the gap is the best thing, the worst thing is if ya get drunk your wife won't let ya Friday

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
TheRyanExpress said:
Selassie I said:

As for Mayock,,, he can kiss my ass. That mother-efer pissed me off once and for all when he called our game against zona last year. He was literally screaming with unbridled excitement like a schoolgirl when a zona RB broke free for a long run. He was clearly rooting against the Rams. His freaking giddy scream came to a screeching halt when D Stewart knocked the zona RB the freak out. He sounded like he got his widdle feelings butt hurt for the next 5 minutes.

And I bet there is a Cardinals fan out there who felt like he was rooting for the Rams that night when he was raving about their D-line battering Kolb for 60 minutes. Announcers don't root for teams, they root for a good game.
I would agree that fans can be somewhat subjective about coverage, but to think that all announcers are objective is a subjective POV.

Some of these guys have personal relationships good and bad,I'm pretty sure Mayok and the FORMER AZ coach were buds and Fisher has a pretty solid group of enemies as well ,so Selassie MIGHT be onto sumthin there.

I'm sure Pat Summerall was queer for the Cowboys, Madden had a man crush on Brett Favre, everyone HAS an attitude,hell I have a buddy who's a heart surgeon who complains about how Drs. attitudes effect treatment.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
... is the fact that it's on Thursday night. That's the right answer.

Mayock needs to stick to draft rankings. Love his insight then, but not during the games.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
TheRyanExpress said:
Selassie I said:

I remember wanting to bitch slap his ass for his obvious over the top cheering for the zona RB on the play. I've got thick skin... his antics pissed me off so much that someone (I think it was Phoenix) posted the replay with with his girly cheering.

It was more than what one would expect from an unbiased professional.

Me,,, I say fuck him. I have a hard time forgetting shit like that. Maybe it's a fault, but I'm forced to deal with it. So again, I say fuck mayock.

But...

I love Thursday night football.

I even enjoy yelling at mayock during the games now,,, he can hear me btw.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Worst thing is Comcast wanting me to add 17.00 dollars a month to my already outrageous cable bill to get nfl network.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sgt. Ram said:
Worst thing is Comcast wanting me to add 17.00 dollars a month to my already outrageous cable bill to get nfl network.

If it includes the Redzone channel it's worth every penny.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol wow i'm shocked at the disdain for mayock

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sgt. Ram said:

I have to pay extra for NFLN as well. I have a free preview of it tho until October 10th, so I'll be able to see the Rams play. I'm satisfied.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
iced said:
Well ya know when ya make your living as a broadcaster, the least you can do is get your speech impediments fixed,his lateral lisp annoys me to no end,he's a knowledgeable analyst and very enthusiastic,but he needs to ditch the Daffy Duck routine. :p

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Thordaddy said:
iced said:
Well ya know when ya make your living as a broadcaster, the least you can do is get your speech impediments fixed,his lateral lisp annoys me to no end,he's a knowledgeable analyst and very enthusiastic,but he needs to ditch the Daffy Duck routine. :p
He is no where near as bad as the old guy that covera college football his name escapes me.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk 2

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Favorite part of Thursday Night Football? :shifty:
The schedule for 9/26 :hehe:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Selassie I said:
TheRyanExpress said:
Selassie I said:

I remember wanting to bitch slap his ass for his obvious over the top cheering for the zona RB on the play. I've got thick skin... his antics pissed me off so much that someone (I think it was Phoenix) posted the replay with with his girly cheering.

It was more than what one would expect from an unbiased professional.

Me,,, I say freak him. I have a hard time forgetting shyte like that. Maybe it's a fault, but I'm forced to deal with it. So again, I say freak mayock.

But...

I love Thursday night football.

I even enjoy yelling at mayock during the games now,,, he can hear me btw.

I'm right there with you on this one Haille! I remember that play exactly the same way. I say we send username over to punch him in the dick.