Fatal flaw for all 32 NFL teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Come again????
Chris Long and Robert Quinn called themselves "Black Thunder and White Lightening", so i said we have that back again. Except they will be on the same side possibly rotating rather than being on opposite sides.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Edge rush is less of a worry than edge containment. We can't get beat outside on long runs , dont need these guys to get double digit sacks but we do need them to set the edge .

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The pressure will come from the Fearsome Threesome and whichever linebacker they want to bring up as the fourth DL/ situational pass rusher.

Plus you got to remember there will be more time to rush the passer because of our Corners being so good.

I'm more worried about our linebackers being able to stop the run than rush the passer personally.
This is my thoughts as well....I can see Wade drooling to insert his four DL'ers of Brockers/ Suh/ Easley/ Donald to turn up the presser on the QB & the six DB's of Peters/ Talib/ NRC/ Shields/ Joyner & JJ III with Barron as the lone LB'er. This is a very UNfreindly defense to try to complete a pass on......

The key is stopping the run with the base 3-4-4. Longacre was much better than Quinn was last season with run containment & setting the edge on run downs. Quinn was beaten like a drum when he was on the field in those areas.

Ebukam in his starts for Barwin did show some misreads for a rookie but also show'd some outstanding quickness & speed too. Rookie Og Okoronkwo is no slouch @ applying a pass rush from the standing position. We still have no real ideal just what the new Rookie Edge Rushers Lawler/ Young/ Howard will turn out.

Wade can keep those four star pass rushers fresh with excellent DL depth ....5th season veteran Ethan Westbrooks (who must of made some $$$ on exchanging his old uni #no to Suh) & who was our starting NT last season, can play any of the base 3 DL positions. Rookie 4th rd pick John Franklin sure to relieve DE Brockers as needed as well as vet Morgan Fox. 2nd season NT Bryant & drafted rookie NT Joeseph Sebastian can keep Suh fresh. Donald has Easley back along with rookie Mc Kay Murphy & Tanzel Smart. So this DL unit is stuffed full!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wade was on Marcellus and somebody radio show yesterday....yall should post it in here....

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=23397512

Go to ....maybe 22:00.....says his defense is based on the "corners ability to play man to man"....I'm sure he can get pressure from many of the front 7 as long as the coverage in the back is solid.

Kinda points out something about Tru....IMO

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The outside linebackers they did not re-sign or traded were because they could not stop the run well enough.

So no great loss of Barwin or Quinn from that perspective.

I believe much more in the potential and the abilities we've seen from the new guys;
Longacre
The rookie Og
Ebukam
Whoever
In their ability to stop the run that's my main concern.

So I think we have another fatally flawed article by people that really don't know the Rams as well as we do.
:D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Samson, and Obo are going to rock it this year, with Longacre and either Young or Price as the rotation. I think a star will be born from this group.

Longacre played his ass off last year and I am thinking this is a breakout season for him.

6' 3" and 255 so he can handle himself.

He was undrafted and has only seen the field in 14 games and limited snaps. He has managed 5.5 sacks in not that much action. Someone can find the snaps he has been on the field for I hope.

He's my selection for breakout defensive player of the year.

My offensive breakout player of the year is Tavon Au.........ummmmm nevermind.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Longacre played his ass off last year and I am thinking this is a breakout season for him.

6' 3" and 255 so he can handle himself.

He was undrafted and has only seen the field in 14 games and limited snaps. He has managed 5.5 sacks in not that much action. Someone can find the snaps he has been on the field for I hope.

He's my selection for breakout defensive player of the year.

My offensive breakout player of the year is Tavon Au.........ummmmm nevermind.
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Longacre-Off-to-A-Strong-Start-Leads-the-Rams-in-Sacks-/2a54febe-9fb1-4bde-8788-250f45003351

Yep Matt Longacre saw his first season as an OLB'er after playing DT & DE in college & in his first two seasons with the Rams. One should suppose that Matt should settling into this Wade Defense now in his 4th NFL season & his 2nd with Wade. Matt is no dummy & I would expect more from him this season. I do expect him to be the starter for his first time in the NFL. Having Aaron Donald playing a few feet to his left is also a great benefit.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
At this point I'm not expecting much from Longacre. He's coming off of back surgery, which hampers players at every level, and I don't think that he is healthy yet. Of the hundreds of off-season photos I haven't seen Longacre in a single one.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Our LBs, or lack thereof, are our only real weakness on this team.

But that being said, when was the last time we could point to only one position group and say that?

dang

Legend
Chris Long and Robert Quinn called themselves "Black Thunder and White Lightening", so i said we have that back again. Except they will be on the same side possibly rotating rather than being on opposite sides.[/QUOTE
ahhh - I vaguely remember that - thx

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Our LBs, or lack thereof, are our only real weakness on this team.

But that being said, when was the last time we could point to only one position group and say that?

We'll see, Horns. But it could potentially be a strength.

Barron
Ebukam
Obo
Kiser
Longacre

I think it will be solid, if not a strength. I honestly think Obo will be this years Kupp. In other words, he will emerge as a rookie star. Also, I believe Ebukam will be solid/bordering on a star.

With the front line, along with our backs, the linebackers will be fine.