ESPN’s NFL Live’s Crew Predictions: STL-ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I find it interesting that Schlereth said Atlanta went down to Orleans and was dynamic and scored a lot of points.

Really, 17 is a lot? Then the 27 we scored against a better defense is off the charts. Not to mention it could of been 34 or even more.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just like we want it boys, just like we want it!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So, the main reason that Atlanta will win is because they can't afford to lose?

Great reasoning guys.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
So, the main reason that Atlanta will win is because they can't afford to lose?

Great reasoning guys.
Right? Since when is desperation a good motivational tool? That's just a cliche prediction, and I'm kinda tired of that one. It's basically just saying "odds are the Falcons won't keep losing." Well, yeah. They can. And it will continue this weekend.

A55VA6

Legend
If we go in there and win, that'll be a huge statement. The media will have to talk about us.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Why would I think that the "experts" from the communist network would make any other prediction than the safe one. The one thing I get from this is that none of them put any significant time into their prediction. Unfortunately we are not the darlings of the NFL. I hope the offense goes wild and the defense stuffs Ryan, SJax and the rest of the dirty birds.

GO RAMS!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A55VA6 said:
If we go in there and win, that'll be a huge statement. The media will have to talk about us.
After we win, the media will just pass it off as a fluke victory. Don't expect to get any kudos from these guys anytime soon.

tonyl711

Starter
don't care what these Bozo's say. if im not mistaken they were all saying SF would beat us both games last year (how did that turn out?). ill let the Rams do the talking with their play.

jap

Legend
Wouldn't mind having a coming out party for Tavon or a Remember Me? get together for Chris Givens. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
Wouldn't mind having a coming out party for Tavon or a Remember Me? get together for Chris Givens. :ww:
Next man up. If they "try" to take away Cook, someone has to get free.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Boy yeah. A LOT of thought went into that segment. Did Schlereth even watch that game? Dynamic? Lots of points? ATL is going to win because only two SB champs have started 0-2. Must be nice to get paid for rolling out of the rack and puking up a few words.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It's really simple ... Atlanta will win be they are the Falcons ... playing the lowly Rams ... at home.

Y'all know this so lay down, roll over and take it!

Of course on the off chance that they do lose, which is an improbability factor of eight million seven hundred and sixty-seven thousand one hundred and twenty-eight to one, it will probably be because it rained and the refs sucked and the Rams cheated and the Falcons were just overall having a really bad day.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bwdenverram said:
I find it interesting that Schlereth said Atlanta went down to Orleans and was dynamic and scored a lot of points.

Really, 17 is a lot? Then the 27 we scored against a better defense is off the charts. Not to mention it could of been 34 or even more.

Yeah... I don't think ANY OF THESE GUYS prepared for this segment. That's called mailing it in.

Schlereth? Really? Really!?

I love Herm Edwards... but does he know those outside WR are both banged up? I think we all know that. Come on man.

I agree; we got them right where we want them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The setup is near perfection. Underrated, dismissed as an easy victim, no one cares that the Rams are healthy and the Falcons aren't, Rams D against that O line, sweet.

If the Rams play must win football on both sides of the ball... the potential is amazing.

I'm so looking forward to this coming out party. I know the it may be too soon, but how much fun would it be to watch all the talking heads eat their words.

FLramFAN

Rookie
I think that the idea of the falcons playing desperate football this week is accurate. For example, it's the Falcons needing to avoid an 0-2 start and therefore they may be more willing to show certain things in game number that they'd hoped to have kept under their hats until later in the season in what would normally be a more meaningful game.

However, the idea that this game isn't extremely meaningful to the Rams is a bit silly. They know that at least 1 NFC West team is going to be 2-0 at the end of this week because Seattle and the 9ers both won last week and are facing each other this week.

The reasons this game is HUGE for the rams:
- A win assures they stay atop the division (tied with either niners or hawks)
- A road win, early in the season, against a good team will help to give the entire team, especially the "rooks" a giant shot of confidence.
- A win this week actually takes a little pressure off for the next couple of weeks. While they play to win them all. Let's face it, with the Rams schedule, most would admit that 2-2 would be a reasonable start. But a win this week and it's reasonable to think a 3-1 or 4-0 start is possible.

IMHO, this is a HUGE game for Rams in regard to how their season goes, but it's not as pivotal of a game as it is for the falcons who everyone assumed would be a super bowl contender and would have a tough time getting there with an 0-2 start. The Falcons are likely to pull out all the stops while the Rams are more likely to stick with the game plan and not reveal anything they don't want/need to from a scheming perspective because with a win already under their belt, the rams don't have to play from a position of being desperate for a win.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FLramFAN said:
I think that the idea of the falcons playing desperate football this week is accurate. For example, it's the Falcons needing to avoid an 0-2 start and therefore they may be more willing to show certain things in game number that they'd hoped to have kept under their hats until later in the season in what would normally be a more meaningful game.

However, the idea that this game isn't extremely meaningful to the Rams is a bit silly. They know that at least 1 NFC West team is going to be 2-0 at the end of this week because Seattle and the 9ers both won last week and are facing each other this week.

- A road win, early in the season, against a good team will help to give the entire team, especially the "rooks" a giant shot of confidence.
- A win this week actually takes a little pressure off for the next couple of weeks. While they play to win them all. Let's face it, with the Rams schedule, most would admit that 2-2 would be a reasonable start. But a win this week and it's reasonable to think a 3-1 or 4-0 start is possible.

IMHO, this is a HUGE game for Rams in regard to how their season goes, but it's not as pivotal of a game as it is for the falcons who everyone assumed would be a super bowl contender and would have a tough time getting there with an 0-2 start. The Falcons are likely to pull out all the stops while the Rams are more likely to stick with the game plan and not reveal anything they don't want/need to from a scheming perspective because with a win already under their belt, the rams don't have to play from a position of being desperate for a win.
Agreed. This whole game is going to boil down to scheming, coaching and execution. I know that sounds cliche', because basically that's what all games boil down to, but this coaching matchup is going to be a bit more intense. Smith has already commented on keeping an eye out for Fisher's special teams wrinkles, so he's already scheming against it. Now I'll bet Fisher is working on scheming for something they HAVEN'T seen yet. And it's all going to be dependent on the execution of both units. A chess match means nothing if you don't have all the pieces to execute your strategy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
FLramFAN said:

Good post. This young Rams team needs to take advantage of every opportunity that it faces. This is a winnable game. And you are dead on that a win against the odds early here could really help the confidence of the team going forward. The Falcons have to feel that their backs are already against the wall. They are going to come out swinging. If we can withstand the initial onslaught, I like our chances.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
This whole game is going to boil down to scheming, coaching and execution. I know that sounds cliche', because basically that's what all games boil down to

There it is, in a nut shell. And FWIW, I don't see those terms as "cliché" a bit, especially when it accurately describes the situation. I personally love the term "execution" as it covers many sins and expectations. John McKay's often quoted quip comes immediately to mind.

And it's all going to be dependent on the execution of both units.

Yes indeed and there goes that useful term and description once again. The point being, you can plan, scheme and coach your ass off BUT if the team doesn't "execute",....... well, the result speaks for itself, no?

A chess match means nothing if you don't have all the pieces to execute your strategy.

Well yes, then again, a superior player can "over come" such handicaps.

Is it just me, or do others think this may be Tavon's "coming out day?" :zomg: