ESPN's Dan Graziano: Bad Sign that Chip Kelly Was Willing to trade Nick Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I believe Nick Foles will be Brady 2.0 (no deflate jokes here). This season almost feels like start of the 12-14 year domination of the Rams in NFL

So you're hoping the Foles wins one of these with the Rams. :)

XUX0Nx3.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
T

Think it was like when The Rams traded Jaws to Philly & Philly went to

Foles is so much better than anything The Rams have had at QB for years.
This guy has his head up his azz.Thinking maybe the same here.A solid QB is hard to find.Nick Foles says it best.F- Stats it's about wins & playing for each other.
--In fact if you look at amici Foles feet & same with Joe Montana.They side step so well & by the self time.

---Tell me this ---When was the last time The Rams had a QB besides Kurt Warner that has such great pocket presence ??? Yeah I said it.Foles may not be Aaron Rogers,but he is a solid QB that has an excellent feel for the game.He is just smooth.
wys.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Foles doesn't impress me.
He is average. But that's ok. He is young and can grow. I expect average play from him. But I am also hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
In what offense ?? The Rams offense finally has a leader at QB.Bulger became a cancer when he wanted to get paid & put himself ahead of team.
--I don't care about all the numbers either,it is about W's.It is what he does to keep the chains moving on big downs & score TS's in the red zone.
--When I think of Bradford playing QB for a The Rams it was please score & don't throw another pick 6.
Sam became bigger than team & I don't see that happening with Foles.Like he said- I want to make my teammates better.
---Will see what happens contract wise,but I'm thinking The Rams need to front his contract & get Foles signed.In The N F L it is about salary cap & developing your players.I see a lot of ascending Ram players

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
NFC West Q&A: Is Nick Foles the answer at QB for Rams?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/pos...a-is-nick-foles-the-answer-at-qb-for-the-rams

Today's question: One thing holding the St. Louis Rams back has been the quarterback position. Is Nick Foles the type of QB capable of helping them get over the hump?

Josh Weinfuss, Arizona Cardinals: This is another one-word answer: Nope. Here's the thing about NFL quarterbacks: They're all good. They wouldn't have a job or continue to sign contracts if they weren't. Here's the other thing about NFL quarterbacks: Some aren't as good as others. And Foles fits into that category. I'm most interested to see how he fits into Frank Cignetti's offense. If Foles struggles early, it'll be clear he was a system quarterback in Philadelphia. He had some success in the Philadelphia Eagles' system against the Cardinals, going 1-1 the past two seasons. He was 21-for-34 for 237 yards and three TDs in a 24-21 win in 2013. Last season, Foles threw 62 times against the Cardinals, completing 36 passes for 411 yards. But he had two TDs and two interceptions in a 24-20 loss. He had help with the Eagles -- with LeSean McCoy, Darren Sproles and Jeremy Maclin among others -- he won't have that kind of help in St. Louis.

Paul Gutierrez, San Francisco 49ers: Not against the 49ers. At least, not necessarily. Look, the Niners have faced Foles only once in his career and they made him look downright mediocre in a game his previous team, the Eagles, should have won last season. Foles had a passer rating of just 42.3 in throwing more incompletions (22) than completions (21) while getting picked off twice in a 26-21 Niners victory at Levi's Stadium. Foles only played in eight games last year and has never started in more than 10 in any of his three seasons. There is obviously an allure to his measurables, but unless the Rams are going to give him a receiving corps reminiscent of The Greatest Show On Turf, how is he an upgrade from Sam Bradford, who also has a hard time staying healthy and on the field? Bradford, at least, went 2-2-1 against the Niners while compiling an 88.8 passer rating in those five games. Then again, for the Rams to get over the hump, they need to beat the Seahawks, and Foles has never faced the Legion Of Boom.

Terry Blount, Seattle Seahawks: I may be in the minority on this one, but I think this was a great trade for the Rams. Even if Bradford comes back 100 percent healthy, it was time for St. Louis to cut ties and move on with someone who brings a different style of play. Frankly, I just don't get why Philadelphia coach Chip Kelly wanted to let Foles go. The Eagles were 6-2 with Foles last season and 4-4 without him. Yes, Foles throws too many interceptions, but now he has former NFL QBs Jeff Garcia and Chris Weinke to coach him and help eliminate some of those mistakes. At 6-foot-6, 245 pounds, Foles is a huge physical presence in the backfield and now he has gifted rookie running back Todd Gurley back there with him, when Gurley returns from ACL surgery. Time will tell, but I believe the Rams got the better end of the deal.
That Josh Weinfuss smug little jerk can suck it

fearsomefour

Legend
In what offense ?? The Rams offense finally has a leader at QB.Bulger became a cancer when he wanted to get paid & put himself ahead of team.
--I don't care about all the numbers either,it is about W's.It is what he does to keep the chains moving on big downs & score TS's in the red zone.
--When I think of Bradford playing QB for a The Rams it was please score & don't throw another pick 6.
Sam became bigger than team & I don't see that happening with Foles.Like he said- I want to make my teammates better.
---Will see what happens contract wise,but I'm thinking The Rams need to front his contract & get Foles signed.In The N F L it is about salary cap & developing your players.I see a lot of ascending Ram players
I agree with Foles not becoming bigger than the team but I think that has to do with limited ceiling.
Hopefully Foles can develop into a Flacco kind of QB/leader. That's about where I see him. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Foles to re up now unless it is a nice deal for him. I'm not down on Foles but he is limited in my opinion. That's cool. Plenty of QBs have great success with limits and I think the Rams can win with him. It is about decision making with Foles and getting him good situations (like most QBs). The guys you could ask to drop back 40 times a game and have success in the NFL, they can be counted on one hand.
As an aside, Bradford has nothing to do with the conversation. But, his ability to avoid turnovers of his own causing (not tipped balls ect) dealing with the teams he played on was one of his better attributes.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
What the Author failed to mention in this .. and it flaws his view, is that Kelly isn't jettisoning guys because they can't play. He is moving them because in some shape or form they are not "all in" on his concepts of how a team should be ran and the bridled team dynamics that CK wants his locker room to be. Kelly wants players to just follow orders and let HIM lead the team.

I don't take the fact that Kelly was willing to trade him as a bad reflection on Nick Foles ... it's more of the quirkiness of Chip Kelly. Got a lot of Mike Martz in him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What the Author failed to mention in this .. and it flaws his view, is that Kelly isn't jettisoning guys because they can't play. He is moving them because in some shape or form they are not "all in" on his concepts of how a team should be ran and the bridled team dynamics that CK wants his locker room to be. Kelly wants players to just follow orders and let HIM lead the team.

I don't take the fact that Kelly was willing to trade him as a bad reflection on Nick Foles ... it's more of the quirkiness of Chip Kelly. Got a lot of Mike Martz in him.
i totally agree with you, up to the part about Martz.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Well I'm just saying the part about his ego and mad scientist type mentality. Not that he and Martz are/were the same as coaches, but both are/were making some goofy personnel decisions based on some quirkiness in their personalities.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Well I'm just saying the part about his ego and mad scientist type mentality. Not that he and Martz are/were the same as coaches, but both are/were making some goofy personnel decisions based on some quirkiness in their personalities.
i understand. i just want to caution the comparisons, as Martz actually won something over a reasonable period of time, annd created one of the best offenses everr. kelly has proved little, aand nothing with his own personnel.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I he
i understand. i just want to caution the comparisons, as Martz actually won something over a reasonable period of time, annd created one of the best offenses everr. kelly has proved little, aand nothing with his own personnel.
ar ya. Was just comparing them as having quirky personalities ans questionable paranoia about their locker rooms

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Ditto! On both counts Stranger!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I hear ya. Was just comparing them as having quirky personalities ans questionable paranoia about their locker rooms
I'm just ultra sensitive and very protective of my favorite coach ever... Mike Martz :)