DRich

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Why all the hate on DRich. Imo running between the tackles isn't his MO. Have you all forgotten his success in 2012? All those long gains were outside runs: sweeps, stretches, pitches. That's his forte because he can use his speed and agility. IMO his outside vision is much better. If you want to blame anyone for his lack of production blame Schotty. Get him back doing what he excels at instead of trying to make him something he's not. IMO he's the prototypical change of pace back if used correctly

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DRich is a 3rd down back. Nice change of pace on screens and outside stuff. But he gets nothing after contact, not good in pass pro, and not much wiggle. I was never impressed with DRich. He's better than Pead, though, who is a head case bust.

They need to draft another RB next year.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't get why they continue to try and run him between the tackles. It doesn't work with him. He's best on the outside.

iced

max said:
DRich is a 3rd down back. Nice change of pace on screens and outside stuff. But he gets nothing after contact, not good in pass pro, and not much wiggle. I was never impressed with DRich. He's better than Pead, though, who is a head case bust.

not even really sure I want him in on 3rd down or a receiving back

Dude has hands like Brandon Gibson

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
iced said:
max said:

Yeah if he can't pass protect he can't be a third down guy. And he wishes he had hands as good as Gibson.

He did well at the beginning of last year but has been mediocre at best. He should have been bulking up in the off season less than 180 isn't going to last long as an NFL RB. Since we don't have anything else, apparently Pead can't get out of the dog house, you have to hope DRich can find a way to contribute.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
blackbart said:
iced said:
max said:

Yeah if he can't pass protect he can't be a third down guy. And he wishes he had hands as good as Gibson.

He did well at the beginning of last year but has been mediocre at best. He should have been bulking up in the off season less than 180 isn't going to last long as an NFL RB. Since we don't have anything else, apparently Pead can't get out of the dog house, you have to hope DRich can find a way to contribute.

Idk where you're getting you info, but he's around 200

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
No ones hatin' on the guy. He's just shown he's a change of pace back. I hope Pead steps up and challenges the guy for change of pace back/3rd down rb duties - might get the best out of both of them.

He's shown a lack of elusiveness and vision between the tackles which has led to too many negative plays - but he does have the speed to break a big one every now and again.

The problem is you can't run him outside EVERY time he gets the ball - its way too predictable - so D Rich has got to expect to have to run up between the tackles every now and again - and he's just not done a good enough job of it this year.

Long story short - 7th round pick - he's doing ok and is an asset as a change of pace guy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let's not forget that our Dreadlock Runner has turf toe... well they haven't labeled it as turf toe, but I've heard Fish refer to his injury as "a toe".

Rough injury for a RB to perform at top level with.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Last year I've seen him run in between the tackles with good vision but he has limitations. Let's not forget he was selected at the bottom of the draft. Besides he's hurt

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Selassie I said:
Let's not forget that our Dreadlock Runner has turf toe... well they haven't labeled it as turf toe, but I've heard Fish refer to his injury as "a toe".

Rough injury for a RB to perform at top level with.

That explains his lack of burst. Every since he got hurt in week 2 I think, he hasn't shown that burst we seen in the first game and last year. And I agree he is an outside runner just like Pead is. But Pead scares me every time he touches the ball.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

iced

toe expains the lack of burst, but not vision...and he has never been able to break tackles as it is

lockdnram21

Legend
Isaiah pead is a much better 3rd down back then rich and will show with this improved line play if he gets out of fishers dog house

fastcat

Pro Bowler
lockdnram21 said:
Isaiah pead is a much better 3rd down back then rich and will show with this improved line play if he gets out of fishers dog house

Our line isn't blocking better, stacy is hitting the little holes that are there, falling farward, and pushing piles...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
lockdnram21 said:
Pead to me just ain't it not a has been but a never will be

lockdnram21

Legend
Rabid Ram said:
lockdnram21 said:

I think he can be a asset in the passing game like sproels. And hes good at pass protection

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
lockdnram21 said:
Rabid Ram said:
lockdnram21 said:

I think he can be a asset in the passing game like sproels. And hes good at pass protection
Our coach's seem to disagree or he would be playing a lot more

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
rams24/7 said:
Why all the hate on DRich. Imo running between the tackles isn't his MO. Have you all forgotten his success in 2012? All those long gains were outside runs: sweeps, stretches, pitches. That's his forte because he can use his speed and agility. IMO his outside vision is much better. If you want to blame anyone for his lack of production blame Schotty. Get him back doing what he excels at instead of trying to make him something he's not. IMO he's the prototypical change of pace back if used correctly

It's not hate, he's simply sucking. Not reading his blocks, not being patient and gaining absolutely nothing after contact. Can't win in the hole either against singular defenders. Don't know if it's the foot or confidence but I'd let that foot heal up and keep him on the bench.

Give Tavon has CoP carries since Tavon isn't getting as many slot snaps. Tavon has looked better as a runner this year imo.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
You can't really use him exclusively for off-tackle runs because the defense will key in on that. That was sort of his downfall last year. Defenses knew that if DRich was in the game, the play would be a run. But I agree, he is a change-of-pace back and should be seeing more off-tackle opportunities.

nighttrain

Legend
lockdnram21 said:
Pead can block for the QB, that he has repeatedly shown, and he can catch the ball, just dont know if he'll ever get on the field, Fisher and coaches have him chained to the doghouse
train

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Pho Kadat said:
You can't really use him exclusively for off-tackle runs because the defense will key in on that. That was sort of his downfall last year. Defenses knew that if DRich was in the game, the play would be a run. But I agree, he is a change-of-pace back and should be seeing more off-tackle opportunities.
Exactly eventually every team will know if DRich is in its either a run to the outside or a swing pass outside. Either way outside gets shut down