Drake Stoops

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am calling it now, I think dude is going to stick.
I have been pumping up Trammel for a couple of years as a guy who always gets open.
He was not brought back (I don't think so anyway).
Stoops is a great route runner, great hands and has a quick change of direction.
I don't know what his 40 time is and I don't care.
Dude will get open and catch the ball.
With McVay with his Skow replacement drafted in Whittington I think Stoops has a real chance to make the roster.
Skow out, Whittington and Stoops in.
Anyone have any UDFA they think have a shot to make the 53?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Methinks the reports of Skow's demise are highly exagerated.
Demise? Last year of his rookie deal..... Will he be worth 3-Mil per season? I don't know. Maybe he won't be part of the Rams WR room next season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Demise? Last year of his rookie deal..... Will he be worth 3-Mil per season? I don't know. Maybe he won't be part of the Rams WR room next season.
He's the top ST performer we have. Now you can make an argument that ST's suck and he's part of the problem but I think he sticks as an ST guy unless the new rules change what we need (quite possibly). Think he's our top gunner. Prob sticks just for that as we try to get ST right.

If he does get cut, one of these WRs we picked up will have to outperform him there and that's not necessarily the easiest thing.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Skow won a place in my heart when he completely destroyed and de-cleated one of the whiners on a special teams play in the NFCCG.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hrm I don't know. What does Tutu think of this idea.

Last edited:

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I like Safety Jaylen McCollough from Tennessee. 6'0" - 206, 4.70/40 a sure tackler, good at playing downhill close to the LOS. Was a team Captain.... has 32 starts under his belt. I like him better than Russ Yeast as the Dime LB . Yeast got bulldozed a couple times last season by ball carriers.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He's the top ST performer we have. Now you can make an argument that ST's suck and he's part of the problem but I think he sticks as an ST guy unless the new rules change what we need (quite possibly). Think he's our top gunner. Prob sticks just for that as we try to get ST right.

If he does get cut, one of these WRs we picked up will have to outperform him there and that's not necessarily the easiest thing.
I agree with you. But, you are talking this upcoming season, not '25. I think most people are thinking they need to draft a replacement in case he leaves in Free Agency.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree with you. But, you are talking this upcoming season, not '25. I think most people are thinking they need to draft a replacement in case he leaves in Free Agency.
Ah, I didn't see a reference in your post to '25.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The few times I've seen Stoops play, the guy gets it done. Raised my eyebrows a few times.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
5’10” 190

“His 40-yard time (4.67 seconds), his vertical jump (30.0 inches), his broad jump (8 feet, 11 inches) and his bench press (eight) all would have ranked as the worst marks by a receiver at the NFL Combine.

His 20-yard shuttle time (4.25 seconds) would’ve ranked seventh, though only nine receivers ran the drill at the combine.

And Stoops’ three-cone drill times (7.01 seconds) would’ve ranked eighth, but again, only nine receivers did it at the combine.“

He clearly has short area quickness, good hands and a high FB IQ. Could be a good slot. Although not sure if he can block. Interesting player.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
And his dad is former Hawkeye and Oklahoma legendary coach Bob Stoops. So football runs in his blood.