Don't Let the Cap Money Fool You

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Yes, the Rams now have a ton of money. Yes there are good arguments that the Rams had enough cap space to keep some of the players just cut. That said, the Rams have a ton of free agents to sign, and Fisher obviously felt to build and take the team to the next level, he had to prioritize who he kept, and also try to improve at the same time. That will take a lot of money and all the cap space freed up will be needed. So yes it sucks saying goodbye to loyal Ram players, but if Fisher didn't, the Rams would be saying goodbye to others that have more upside and that can contribute more.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams just pulled a "Steelers" type move. If we've drafted well it's a good move.
I still think releasing JL may have been one season too soon, but we'll see what they decide to go with.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I still think releasing JL may have been one season too soon, but we'll see what they decide to go with
For some reason this^ just reminded me of the year the Rams let 'Deacon Jones' go, I hated it!! And didn't trust the Rams decision or the player they replaced him with!!! .... The Player was "Jack Youngblood"!! So that worked out OK!:D

I just hope history repeats itself!!;)

fearsomefour

Legend
To give a more recent example of this, when the Rams let London Fletcher go and replaced him with....who was it, Robert Thomas?

A55VA6

Legend
LA and nearly $60M in cap space should be a good recipe for the Rams. Should (hopfully) be able to re-sign most of our guys and maybe sign a guy like Alshon Jeffrey. I'm hopeful.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The past has little to do with the present or the future...(good or bad)..

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At the end of year Aaron Donald will have one year left in his rookie deal.

Think about it.

Ram65

Legend
Spend wisely my Rams management.

That goes for every year and every contract. Demoff must have made a personnel CAP software program that he uses. He has a very good system going.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Yes, the Rams now have a ton of money. Yes there are good arguments that the Rams had enough cap space to keep some of the players just cut. That said, the Rams have a ton of free agents to sign, and Fisher obviously felt to build and take the team to the next level, he had to prioritize who he kept, and also try to improve at the same time. That will take a lot of money and all the cap space freed up will be needed. So yes it sucks saying goodbye to loyal Ram players, but if Fisher didn't, the Rams would be saying goodbye to others that have more upside and that can contribute more.

You may be fooled but I'm not. The Rams will easily have an extra 15-mil, after signing their own, to offer outside FA's

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is where we see the power of the Kroenke-built front office. Demoff killing it annually with cap genius. Great talent coming in every year through a well designed player evaluation process. Seasoned coach taking care of the players.

They haven't won yet because of QB. But it is coming IMO. Rams are going to be a model of how to build it right. Well... As soon as they get an effin QB in here.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
And if Donald hits FA he will receive the biggest contract for a defensive player to date.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please do not remind me about Jamie Duncan. I have been pissed at Lovie ever since.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yeah you see a lot of 3 year tags everyday. He gets paid in an extension instead of the 1.8 to buy him out of FA years. And it will be huge.
Football is about performance on the field and teams pay for that, it's not about spreadsheets and just cause a team can should it.