Donald making run at defensive rookie of the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Suh had issues with getting fooled and did until this year. He was easily traped because he got penetration and they'd trap him and run to his gap. Also, he drew a LOT of double teams and he'd get turned, not stay square. I don't subscribe to PFF grades, but i wated nearly every down for Suh in 2010-2012. Not so much last year or this. But he was a liability versus run his first few years but a great, consistent pass rusher, regardless of sacks.

Again, by comparison is ANOTHER thing that is amazing about Donald. I believe he's getting into the backfield by following his cues, not making a decision pre-snap about what to do. If he sees a pulling guard and a tackle blocking down, he gets in the hip pocket of the pulling guard to defeat the down block, which just schematically pretty much always takes him to where the action is. Then he has the speed / quickness to get where he needs to be, and the strength to bring down his man (usually with someone weighing 300+ lbs hanging on his back).

Donald's competitive drive / commitment to craft just must be off the charts for him to excel as he has. Again, this bodes well for the Rams for as long as we can keep this young man in our horns.