Do you want the Rams to be on Hard Knocks this season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you want the Rams to be on Hard Knocks this season?

• Yes

Votes: 44 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.2%

• Total voters

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I voted no, thinking it would be an unnecessary distraction. But then I looked at the records of the teams of the years they did the show:

Season 1: Ravens: 10-6 (2001)

Season 2: Cowboys: 5-11(2002)

Season 3: Jags: 9-7 (2004)

Season 4: Chiefs 4-12 (2007)

Season 5: Cowboys 9-7 (2008)

Season 6: Bengals 10-6 (2009)

Season 7: Jets 11-5 (2010)

Season 8 (cancelled for labor concerns)

Season 9: Dolphins 7-9 (2012)

Season 10: Bengals 11-5 (2013)

Season 11: Falcons 6-10 (2014)

Six teams finished with winning records. Four teams with losing records.

So maybe it isn't really something that has a big effect on how a team can prepare and what sort of season they will have.

That surprised me a bit.

Maybe I'm a little more up in the air about it.

On one hand, I'm not big on taking a risk that it COULD be a distraction.

On the other--I'd love to watch them prepare for the season.

I'd say I'm more "undecided" right now. :unsure:
All but 3 of those seasons would be an improvement over this past season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I voted no, thinking it would be an unnecessary distraction. But then I looked at the records of the teams of the years they did the show:
How did they do the year before the show? Is there any kind of discernible difference in the records - better or worse?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's on HBO, right?

Then I don't care.... I save my NFL money for The Sunday Ticket... that's expensive enough!
;)

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Could be more intrigue with the possibility of the move too... never know.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
giphy.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
As I said when this was brought up last year, I'd rather the Rams weren't subject to even a POTENTIAL distraction (and I don't think a winning record proves that it wasn't a distraction).

But if they were on the show, I'd watch it.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I would love it. I know teams don't like the distraction but as a fan it would be great to see some of the behind the scenes stuff that we normally aren't privy to.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
First off, I'd love to see the Rams on Hard Knocks because, like others have mentioned, they're my team and I can't get enough coverage of them.

I can see a valid reason why the Rams would agree to doing it this summer. Consider this: regardless of whatever rumors are swirling (doing my best to tiptoe around the elephant in the room), the Rams are gonna be a tougher home ticket sell in 2015. The Post-Disgrace braintrust has already deemed the upcoming season as a lame duck, which will likely lead to quite a few more local fans doing the tuck-and-roll off the bandwagon.

Gotta keep putting bums in seats at the EJD in the fall -- and appearing on Hard Knocks might just help.

jjab360

Legend
Yes.

It really isn't as much of a distraction as people think, and I get to see way more of my Rams.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
First off, I'd love to see the Rams on Hard Knocks because, like others have mentioned, they're my team and I can't get enough coverage of them.

I can see a valid reason why the Rams would agree to doing it this summer. Consider this: regardless of whatever rumors are swirling (doing my best to tiptoe around the elephant in the room), the Rams are gonna be a tougher home ticket sell in 2015. The Post-Disgrace braintrust has already deemed the upcoming season as a lame duck, which will likely lead to quite a few more local fans doing the tuck-and-roll off the bandwagon.

Gotta keep putting bums in seats at the EJD in the fall -- and appearing on Hard Knocks might just help.

You noticed that elephant too? lol. good god that other place(you know what place im talking about) has completely blown up and the self destruct countdown has started. not one post about football on the entire 2 front pages.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
You noticed that elephant too? lol. good god that other place(you know what place im talking about) has completely blown up and the self destruct countdown has started. not one post about football on the entire 2 front pages.

Yeah, I took a peek over there yesterday -- it's "Chicken Little-palooza" over there right now.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I'd love to watch the camp on Hard Knocks.

I'd prefer to see them win the Super Bowl.

I fear the two are mutually exclusive so I will choose the second over the first.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I voted no. I've got no issue with the show but don't agree with teams potentially being forced to do it which is the league's fault not HBO's.

The Rams have enough issues to get over without a camera crew in their faces.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I voted No as I know a large number on the team was opposed to the idea last season when the Rams were still a possibility.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes.... Because it means getting to watch the Rams

It means watching the Rams and having them talked about in a way where they aren't the danged "Washington Senators" or for those who don't get that reference... the "other" team in every sense of the word... The Rams never win a game... the other team always loses it. The Rams don't lose games... the other team wins it.

This would be a chance for Liev Schriber to read some great lines about our team without having to hear about other teams and how it's really all about THEM.

Weeks of focus on the Rams would be more than we'd get all season short of us going 16-0... And HBO tends to be pretty good about not being intrusive like reality shows.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yet ???
They are probably the most eligible team on the list...I wouldn't watch simply because it seems like a dog and pony show ...

HBO can't force the Rams into it if they have done it in the past few years. I think they are likely betting the Rams don't make the playoffs next year as well as betting that they do you know what, and then they have one hell of a story, and the NFL would love to spur more interest in the market.

Doesn't mean anything, HBO doesn't have any inside information or anything, but if I was them I know I would wait and see for the potential to get a really interesting story. If not then they can still force us into it later on.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The Rams have never been the featured team (that I know of)...My understanding is that the league has the final say and can force it onto a team...Of course I could be dead wrong about that...Admittedly, the "thing" would be a draw, but again I'm not sure the league would want that crap on TV (parts of it could get ugly)...We'll find out soon enough...