Do we have any OC options?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Shanahan to Atlanta

Chud blocked from interviewing.

Van Pelt blocked from interviewing.

Gase flying to Chicago for interview. Haven't been able to get anything set up with him.

Looks like we are stuck with Hackett or an internal options. That sucks.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe we should ask Georgia permission to interview their OC.
There was dancing in the streets when he left. We aren't doing the happy dance anymore though.

Maybe Weiss is someone we need to meet with.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Lets remember that even before all this speculation, it looked like that Boras was the lead candidate per JT anyways.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There was dancing in the streets when he left. We aren't doing the happy dance anymore though.

Maybe Weiss is someone we need to meet with.
We may be looking for a new qb coach as well.

Signs seem to be pointing to Boras.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
We played the long game and it didn't pan out for us, we're probably going with Boras.

FRO

Legend
Lets remember that even before all this speculation, it looked like that Boras was the lead candidate per JT anyways.
I'm not sure JT said he was a lead candidate. Maybe leading internal guy.

FRO

Legend
Would like Martz.
Though it would possibly make Cook expendable.
I would take Martz. He isn't a fit though. Fisher wants to control clock and limit turnovers. Martz doesn't care about either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would take Martz. He isn't a fit though. Fisher wants to control clock and limit turnovers. Martz doesn't care about either.

How about Ken Zampese with Martz as an Offensive Consultant? Both are Air Coryell guys. Ernie worked with Martz as an Offensive Consultant in 2002. Might work. Especially for a guy who is a first time OC. Would give him a good veteran hand to help him out.

Or just bring Martz in as an Offensive Consultant even if we hire internally. I'd love to see him work with our QBs. But that might be asking too much.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Lmao@ Martz and the clock.
How about Ken Zampese with Martz as an Offensive Consultant? Both are Air Coryell guys. Ernie worked with Martz as an Offensive Consultant in 2002. Might work. Especially for a guy who is a first time OC. Would give him a good veteran hand to help him out.

Or just bring Martz in as an Offensive Consultant even if we hire internally. I'd love to see him work with our QBs. But that might be asking too much.
If by chance Cingetti goes to Cleveland, we would have a QB coach opening.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Al Saunders? Would be happen w/ Zampese always been a fan... Is their anyone thats worked w/ Tuener awhile now we can bring over from the vikings?

Edit: Viking have no good coaches under Turner w/ exp currently

A55VA6

Legend
Options are slim it seems.. Gase, hire from within, and Martz would be cool but don't see that happening.

FRO

Legend

I would love to have Martz. Great offensive mind. I'm not sure Fisher would feel the same way. I know Gregg Williams didn't get along with Al Saunders in Washington because of the whole scoring fast, not controlling the ball thing.

I don't want a internal hiring. I'm scared to get a new guy in here because the last inexperienced coordinator we got was Walton and he was absolutely horrible.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Would any of those pulling for Martz be so gung-ho for him if he, hypothetically, insisted on a clause in his contract that he'd be the next head coach again?