DeSmet's Robert Steeples inks a deal with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
KSDK Sports-DeSmet product Robert Steeples signed a free agent contract with the Rams late Saturday night.
He announced the signing on his Twitter account.

Steeples, a defensive back, said he picked the Rams over a few other teams because he liked the scheme and felt confident he could fit in with the Rams.

Rene Knott caught up with the former DeSmet and Mizzou player to talk about his new journey.

[5]2335746477001[/5]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football/article/377885/30/DeSmet-product-signs-contract-with-the-Rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football ... h-the-Rams</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This has to be a really late April Fools joke because its not possible for an institution of higher learner to be called DeSmets. DeSmets is a glandular issue affecting the armpits not a college. Fact. Google it. :hehe:

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Oh great..now I have to hear about a DeSmet product from Frank Cusomano (sp?) and blah blah blah :rofl:

He always talks about that school

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
De Smet Jesuit High School

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think Steeples really has a chance to nail down the 5th CB spot if he shows well in camp. the Defensive back field has the least amount of returning depth. We basically had 3 CB's and 1 S on the roster before draft weekend. Cody Davis will probably push at least one of Daniels or McLeod of the roster .... and McGee and Steeples have a great shot at the 4th & 5th CB spots.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ReddingRam said:
I think Steeples really has a chance to nail down the 5th CB spot if he shows well in camp. the Defensive back field has the least amount of returning depth. We basically had 3 CB's and 1 S on the roster before draft weekend. Cody Davis will probably push at least one of Daniels or McLeod of the roster .... and McGee and Steeples have a great shot at the 4th & 5th CB spots.
You goin' to camp this year, man?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow - what a great interview. That kid seems to really have it together. Sure hope he sticks. He's obviously smart enough. If he has the talent to go with it, that will be a lethal combination.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
RamFan503 said:
Wow - what a great interview. That kid seems to really have it together. Sure hope he sticks. He's obviously smart enough. If he has the talent to go with it, that will be a lethal combination.
Plus he knows how to wear a ball cap, none of that flat-billed bullshit. JMHO.

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rickrawk said:
RamFan503 said:

GO RAMS!!!!
lol. You HAVE to smooth the bill when you first get a cap.
It's a law, I think.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
ReddingRam said:

Nah man. I live in Northern Calif. I get to St.Louis for a game about once every 8 yrs lol. Camp would be an awesome experience for me. Someday...

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
The Dude said:
rickrawk said:
RamFan503 said:

GO RAMS!!!!
lol. You HAVE to smooth the bill when you first get a cap.
It's a law, I think.
straight like that, boss.

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ReddingRam said:
The Dude said:
ReddingRam said:

Nah man. I live in Northern Calif. I get to St.Louis for a game about once every 8 yrs lol. Camp would be an awesome experience for me. Someday...
Yeah, I'm all the way down in FLA. I made a game up there once.

pUpOsww.jpg

ONCE.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I went to one in '98 then another in 2010. Had a great time. Good people in St.Louis.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
rickrawk said:
RamFan503 said:

GO RAMS!!!!

Thought the same thing. That's good parenting right there.

'Course all us young rednecks had to be sure to put just the right curve in the bill as soon as we got our ball caps.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This highlight film follows Robert through three seasons at Mizzou '09-'11 and a graduate season as a transfer at the University of Memphis in '12. Robert is a DB with 4.42 electronic 40 yard dash speed and explosiveness.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7w7OLvDik[/youtube]