Desean Jackson visiting the Skins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wish we had another Skins 1st rounder in 2015... :sneaky:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I actually think its a good fit. Desean is a diva douchebag but he can play. He had a good thing going with the mobile Vick a few years back.
RG3SPN and DJax could be a dynamic duo.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually think its a good fit. Desean is a diva douchebag but he can play. He had a good thing going with the mobile Vick a few years back.
RG3SPN and DJax could be a dynamic duo.

I hope not. The Redskins fans are annoying enough.

I keep on forgetting that I'm not actually actively rooting against the Redskins anymore :(. Last season was great fun having two games each week with a rooting interest.

Ram_of_Old

I keep on forgetting that I'm not actually actively rooting against the Redskins anymore :(. Last season was great fun having two games each week with a rooting interest.

Living in Redskins country, I am obligated to root against them and their retarded owner.

Living in Redskins country, I am obligated to root against them and their retarded owner.

The joys of being English I guess, you don't have to actually put up with idiot fans of other teams in real life (although I did see a Jags fan yesterday :eek:).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I am the same!

I feel conditioned to root against these guys!

Ram_of_Old

I am the same!

I feel conditioned to root against these guys!

Great! Their owner gives me ample reason to dislike them. They are doomed as long as they are owned by the little big man.

PhxRam

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Closing in on a deal?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10708312/desean-jackson-moving-closer-deal-washington-redskins

The Washington Redskins and wide receiver DeSean Jackson appear to be moving closer to an agreement on a contract, sources told ESPN.

Jackson arrived in northern Virginia on Monday night and dined with members of the Redskins coaching staff, including coach Jay Gruden. He later went to a club with current Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall and wide receiver Pierre Garcon. Both players have publicly stated their desire for Jackson to join the Redskins, as has quarterback Robert Griffin III.

"Very exciting player. Determined to show he is the best and hungry to win. My kinda guy," Griffin told ESPN's Britt McHenry.

Jackson met with the Redskins at their facility Tuesday. His agent remained and started talking contract numbers with the team, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Jackson will spend Tuesday night in Washington and talks will continue between his agent and the Redskins on a possible deal, according to sources.

The Philadelphia Eagles released Jackson on Friday, and the Redskins were the first team to schedule a visit with him. No other visits, however, have been announced. However, the San Francisco 49ers have a "real but guarded" interest Jackson, according to a league source.

The Cleveland Browns also have serious interest, according to a source.

A league source told ESPN that at least nine teams reached out to Jackson's agent, Joel Segal, after the wideout's release. Jackson would give the Redskins a dynamic playmaker they have long lacked. Jackson has speed, is excellent after the catch and excels on intermediate routes. His arrival would give the Redskins a weapon on the other side that would scare defenses.

Washington also added receiver Andre Roberts on the first day of free agency. The plan was to play him inside and outside, but if Jackson signs, then Roberts could be relegated to mostly slot duty.

The Eagles released Jackson just two years after he signed a five-year contract extension. The three-time Pro Bowler was due to make $10.5 million in 2014 and was owed $30.5 million over the remainder of his contract, but none of that money was guaranteed.

Jackson has 356 career receptions, averaging 17.2 yards per catch. He has caught 32 touchdown passes. He also has three rushing touchdowns and four more on punt returns.

RamBill

Legend
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

And so there will be no trip to SF nor Oakland nor anywhere. Redskins closing out deal for their new WR, DeSean Jackson.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

DeSean Jackson will be a Redskin tonight. Sources say they are finalizing a deal as we speak.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The joys of being English I guess, you don't have to actually put up with idiot fans of other teams in real life (although I did see a Jags fan yesterday :eek:).

Wait... the Jags fan wandered over to Europe? Now there are none here? Send him back please. Every team needs a fan.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I like it. Talent destroyed by the locker room. It'll keep us entertained.

RamBill

Legend

DeSean Jackson - WR - Redskins

Redskins agreed to terms with WR DeSean Jackson, formerly of the Eagles.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it's expected to be a three-year deal. Jackson arrived in Washington on Monday, and was determined not to leave without a contract. The Redskins have just $6.5 million in salary-cap space, so the majority of Jackson's 2014 earnings are likely to come in the form of a pro-rated signing bonus. He's highly unlikely to match or eclipse the $10.7 million he was scheduled to earn from the Eagles this season. From a fantasy standpoint, it's a mixed landing spot. D-Jax will have a play-making quarterback in Robert Griffin III, but has to contend with another No. 1 receiver in Pierre Garcon. He's not going to come anywhere close to the 82/1,332/9 line he posted in 2013, and won't be a lock for 1,000 yards.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Someone needs to convince the Skins that they need to trade up for Manziel, as insurance for rg3.