Describe the One Movie Scene that Wrecked You

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can watch Saving Private Ryan for free on YouTube right now, so there are a lot of YouTube reactions to it popping up in my recommends. It's a powerful movie. It's full of scenes that qualify to be picked as the scene that wrecked you. I'm having trouble choosing between two scenes in particular.

The first being the the mother of four sons involved in D-Day, three of which died, sank to the deck of her porch as a priest and army officer emerged from an army car, which could mean only one thing. The whole scene is so panoramic as the car drove up the dirt road to the farm house and you feel the growing horror of a mother.

The second being the arm to arm struggle between Private Mellish and the big German. It's so horrific when the German overpowers the smaller Mellish, which shouldn't have happened because Corporal Upham, who froze in fear, didn't respond with extra ammo for Mellish. "Shhhhh..." said the German as Mellish begged, "No, no.." slipping the knife into his chest.

Both scenes wrecked me. So what scene in any movie, wrecked you?

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Great choices, Loyal. Both scenes are knockouts. Saving Private Ryan is the best war movie ever IMHO... pacing, storyline, set pieces, drama, just unparalleled.

One movie scene wrecked me more than any other. My pea-brained doofus dad decided it would be a swell idea to take his eight year old son (eight!!) to go see "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" on Christmas Day, 1978.

The heroes have been evading the emotionless doppelgänger aliens for the whole movie. At the end, the heroine sees the hero (Donald Southerland) and is glad to see him. Only problem is, he's become one of "them" and he howls at her in that awful alien screech as the camera zooms in on his face and disappears down his alien throat....

Sheesh. Had trouble sleeping for a week. That ending wrecked me. (I STILL think it's a scary fucking movie.) But at eight years old, I'd never seen a movie with a horrifying ending....

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=029XnrypuKI

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great choices, Loyal. Both scenes are knockouts. Saving Private Ryan is the best war movie ever IMHO... pacing, storyline, set pieces, drama, just unparalleled.

One movie scene wrecked me more than any other. My pea-brained doofus dad decided it would be a swell idea to take his eight year old son (eight!!) to go see "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" on Christmas Day, 1978.

The heroes have been evading the emotionless doppelgänger aliens for the whole movie. At the end, the heroine sees the hero (Donald Southerland) and is glad to see him. Only problem is, he's become one of "them" and he howls at her in that awful alien screech as the camera zooms in on his face and disappears down his alien throat....

Sheesh. Had trouble sleeping for a week. That ending wrecked me. (I STILL think it's a scary fucking movie.) But at eight years old, I'd never seen a movie with a horrifying ending....

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=029XnrypuKI

That's a great one. As soon as you mentioned the movie title, I thought of that scene.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Can't tell you about a movie moment that wrecked me...but the ending of The Sight had me in ugly-crying tears. It didn't help that wolves are my favorite animal, and that this story was full of anthropomorphic wolves.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a movie, but the first season of American Horror Story had quite the wreck moment for me. In the event folks havent seen, I'll put in spoiler alert...When we found out that Violet was dead, that she was merely another ghost in the house, I was wrecked....
Also, the turning point in the movie "Seven" wrecked me as well.....

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sounds like the Old-Man was quite a character.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always thought the hitch-hiker/serial-killer’s idea for 7-minute-abs was gold.

“If they are not satisfied, we give them the 8th minute for free.”
“Step into my office…you’re f***ing fired”

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So many scenes in Saving Private Ryan qualify especially the end when he asks his wife if he led a good life and was a good man just destroyed me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yall ever watch Mufasa die??

Shit came out in 1995 and still someone decides to cut onions.

And don't even start with the Baby Mine scene in the original Dumbo. Err crap it's getting dusty right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another one that hits me is the end of Avengers and the funeral scene.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The ending scenes of Bone Tomahawk. Especially "that" scene. If you know, you know.

I watched it late at night with headphones on and it only made it more visceral.

Great movie, but frickin brutal

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a movie, but the first season of American Horror Story had quite the wreck moment for me. In the event folks havent seen, I'll put in spoiler alert...When we found out that Violet was dead, that she was merely another ghost in the house, I was wrecked....
Also, the turning point in the movie "Seven" wrecked me as well.....
Dieter, what's in the box!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Another one that hits me is the end of Avengers and the funeral scene.
Aw c'mon that's like bringing up Cheez Whiz in a thread about favorite cheese...

Glad you mentioned that great last scene in Saving Private Ryan, but the Avengers... really? Grown men in spandex fighting green-screen CGI monsters?

Marvel movies are for popcorn entertainment and humor and cool effects and maybe some comics nostalgia... but real emotions are NOT allowed!! :zany1::zipper:

Marvel movies can take their data-driven focus-group cookie-cutter "scripts" and get the hell off my lawn! Harrumph. I'm with Scorsese... Marvel movies are like good roller coasters, they're not stories about real human relationships.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aw c'mon that's like bringing up Cheez Whiz in a thread about favorite cheese...

Glad you mentioned that great last scene in Saving Private Ryan, but the Avengers... really? Grown men in spandex fighting green-screen CGI monsters?

Marvel movies are for popcorn entertainment and humor and cool effects and maybe some comics nostalgia... but real emotions are NOT allowed!! :zany1::zipper:

Marvel movies can take their data-driven focus-group cookie-cutter "scripts" and get the hell off my lawn! Harrumph. I'm with Scorsese... Marvel movies are like good roller coasters, they're not stories about real human relationships.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

It's a funeral scene and couldn't give two shits about anybody's opinion of it :)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You can watch Saving Private Ryan for free on YouTube right now, so there are a lot of YouTube reactions to it popping up in my recommends. It's a powerful movie. It's full of scenes that qualify to be picked as the scene that wrecked you. I'm having trouble choosing between two scenes in particular.

The first being the the mother of four sons involved in D-Day, three of which died, sank to the deck of her porch as a priest and army officer emerged from an army car, which could mean only one thing. The whole scene is so panoramic as the car drove up the dirt road to the farm house and you feel the growing horror of a mother.

The second being the arm to arm struggle between Private Mellish and the big German. It's so horrific when the German overpowers the smaller Mellish, which shouldn't have happened because Corporal Upham, who froze in fear, didn't respond with extra ammo for Mellish. "Shhhhh..." said the German as Mellish begged, "No, no.." slipping the knife into his chest.

Both scenes wrecked me. So what scene in any movie, wrecked you?

Same move, but initial beach scene. Two parts really stand out ... one is a guy laying on the beach with his guts spilled out yelling for his mom, the other is a guy walking around in a daze, using his good arm to carry his other, now detached arm. Really brought home the sacrifice those guys made for us.