Defending Champions Ravens Forced To Open On Road

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Playmaker

How ignorant is this?

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/315184574198079488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/sta ... 4198079488</a>

Andrew Siciliano
@AndrewSiciliano

League confirms @Ravens will still play in Kickoff 2013 opener on Thursday 9/5, but will do so on the road.

Lesson

Oh, really?
The Orioles are playing that night at 7:05 eastern. Parking would be an issue.

Playmaker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you're to tell me that game 143 of a 162 game season is more important than the defending NFL Champions opening at home? A Baltimore Orioles baseball game against the Tampa Bay Rays is above the Baltimore Ravens?

Are you serious city of Baltimore? The Orioles had one good season in the past 18 years and have not brought a League Championship in decades. What a joke.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree its a joke. I live 30 mins from there and can tell you that city would be nuts for the Ravens first home game of the season after a championship. Something tells me that prick Angelos wouldn't reschedule the O's game. That man is the Devil personified......he even LOOKS like what I would imagine Satan to look like.

Playmaker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
It's not the city's decision. It's the Orioles' and MLB's.

If I am Goodell, I could care less what Selig thinks. The Orioles-Rays game on a Thursday night will draw 20,000 at best. The Ravens will draw 70,000+ and an additional 5 figure number to pre-game festivities.

I am sure in the 17 years the Ravens have been in Baltimore they've had games at the same time the Orioles played

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think we might have to wait and see if that decision is really final.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The solution would be to play the baseball game at 1:05. Unfortunately, Baltimore is playing a night game in Cleveland the day before, while the White Sox are in New York.

How awesome would it be to be a Baltimore fan that day? Catch a 1pm ball game in Camden Yards, then stroll on over to MT field for the night game??

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Lesson said:
Why don't they just play the Ravens game on Wednesday instead of Thursday that week?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
Lesson said:
Why don't they just play the Ravens game on Wednesday instead of Thursday that week?
Would make sense, right?

That's why they won't do it. I think it'll end up as a lawsuit instead.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Dude said:
brokeu91 said:
Lesson said:
Would make sense, right?

That's why they won't do it. I think it'll end up as a lawsuit instead.

And you ain't gonna win in court against Angelos...