Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Masks are pretty simple to me.

I wore one, plus a lot more before, I can do it again.

In terms of looking soft? Then get a cooler mask.

4802b23a43ac12623e0a0d203141fef9.jpg

That shit isn't soft.

2gEWXZH.jpg

I would hardly say that's a soft look either, both are wearing masks.

You don't have to wear a medical mask, you can wear all sorts of masks.

Here's another pretty cool one.

513EHMEIdjL._AC_.jpg

I don't mind wearing a mask because I got cool ones that look fucking dope. I've worn shemagh's that I had in Iraq and Afghanistan out, I wore a balaclava, I've worn other masks that I used in the military, I have a Boba Fett mask and some other Star Wars themed ones.

Get some cool masks and you wont feel as self conscious in them. Plus if you get cool masks they often times will do a better job of keeping fog from your lenses or things like that, and wearing a mask and sunglasses look plenty cool to me.

Seriously, I'm someone who values his privacy quite a bit, the idea that I can walk around with my face covered is fucking outstanding. I don't need random cameras getting ID's off me as I walk around. I hope we normalize mask wearing all together.

Just one step closer to guys being able to walk around in full Mandalorian gear.

And this shit is fucking dope.

ZQf3NyQ.jpg

Thank you for your service.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Number of cases is always going to increase with more testing. Deaths are going down as cases go up, so we are doing something right or the virus is just mutating to a weaker version of itself.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not getting face to face with someone that may be infected is very effective and I can still see through my unfogged glasses and people can still see my friendly smile. The majority of people that wear masks either wear the same dirty filthy mask everywhere or they just toss their mask in the parking lot what they get to their vehicle. Neither is very responsible but they keep the mask nazis happy. I do wear a mask in situations my employer requires me to wear them in. But dont wear one while grocery shopping or any other time I am on my personal time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not getting face to face with someone that may be infected is very effective and I can still see through my unfogged glasses and people can still see my friendly smile. The majority of people that wear masks either wear the same dirty filthy mask everywhere or they just toss their mask in the parking lot what they get to their vehicle. Neither is very responsible but they keep the mask nazis happy. I do wear a mask in situations my employer requires me to wear them in. But dont wear one while grocery shopping or any other time I am on my personal time.

Curious - would you wear one if your governor or mayor mandated it?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This begs the second question. What about those of us who will never get a test regardless.
You have to multiply me x 1,000,000 at least. And then how do you account for that

The third question is where are the negative test results in that 50,000 a day number. Not everyone being tested has covid 19. Where are those numbers in all this

I don't know - I was never good at math. But these new case numbers seem like they don't tell the entire story of what is really happening
Do you have any idea what this virus does? It creates microflora clots. This isn't the fucking flu. The count is going up. Fuck the percentages. Do you really think anybody wants to shut down stuff. This is not a conspiracy. This is a pandemic.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Do you have any idea what this virus does? It creates microflora clots. This isn't the fucking flu. The count is going up. Fuck the percentages. Do you really think anybody wants to shut down stuff. This is not a conspiracy. This is a pandemic.
Can you update us on the current death rate % (even tho you said what you said) Are you in the Medical Field or ...

Honest question not trolling

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Easy tiger

Just asking a question in regards to numbers
I am isolated by nature and won’t be getting tested but that isn’t a conspiracy theory is it?

Your comment “fuck percentages” makes you sound insane
Some “normal” people like me want to know what the total amount tested looks like so we are more well informed. Sorry this got you all hot and bothered

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If a person is being a jackass in public he needs to be called out...mask or no mask.

IDK...No shirt, no shoes, no service....IMO, wear a mask. for most people, it's an improvement and at this time, again IMO, it's the right thing to do.

Again I'm a military guy, so following orders is part of my background and

Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred

So I understand at times you have to question your superiors, but in this case, most are saying donning a mask is good for you and good for others, so let's just do it and call it a day.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Greek row had some parties and so far 80 students have tested positive, with 500 more tests done yesterday, so we’ll await the results of that.

Washington implemented a new policy that requires businesses to turn people away if they don’t have a mask now.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I appologize for my hit and run post. I didn't notice my mistake. The word is Microclots. I wrote this on my phone and it must of auto corrected.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Washington implemented a new policy that requires businesses to turn people away if they don’t have a mask now.

I only have to go to the office twice a month now and with anyone that is going in they must wear a mask and complete a health check online on our site in order to be allowed in. I concur with what is being done in that case and I would make it mandatory across the board.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Easy tiger

Just asking a question in regards to numbers
I am isolated by nature and won’t be getting tested but that isn’t a conspiracy theory is it?

Your comment “fuck percentages” makes you sound insane
Some “normal” people like me want to know what the total amount tested looks like so we are more well informed. Sorry this got you all hot and bothered
Yeah it does. I chose to listen to the experts and all along they have tried to tell us what they know at the time. As we get further along some of the things they told us at first were not 100% correct and people want to use that as reasons not to believe them. They told us not to wear masks because it wouldn't help. It seems they were concerned about a run on masks when the first responders needed them more. This is more fodder to be suspicious for some people. We hear the numbers and we hear this reason and that for them not to be correct. I am rambling, but I am trying to make a point. The point is we are in this together and our so called personal choices can have a huge affect on the people around us and we need to stop getting lost in all the distractions that don't really mater. This is nothing like the flu. This virus thickens the blood, cuts off oxygen to the brain and thickens the walls of the heart. Read up about what this thing is and stop getting lost in the minutia. The have been doing autopsys on the victims and are finding this shit.

Wear your masks, keep your distances when you can and protect your fellow man.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah it does. I chose to listen to the experts and all along they have tried to tell us what they know at the time. As we get further along some of the things they told us at first were not 100% correct and people want to use that as reasons not to believe them. They told us not to wear masks because it wouldn't help. It seems they were concerned about a run on masks when the first responders needed them more. This is more fodder to be suspicious for some people. We hear the numbers and we hear this reason and that for them not to be correct. I am rambling, but I am trying to make a point. The point is we are in this together and our so called personal choices can have a huge affect on the people around us and we need to stop getting lost in all the distractions that don't really mater. This is nothing like the flu. This virus thickens the blood, cuts off oxygen to the brain and thickens the walls of the heart. Read up about what this thing is and stop getting lost in the minutia. The have been doing autopsys on the victims and are finding this shit.

Wear your masks, keep your distances when you can and protect your fellow man.

Dude

Easy

You’re barking up the wrong tree

I am simply asking about the numbers.
I have zero clue why you keep throwing all this other shit my way - i’m not debating anything you say.
So get off me.

My question stands to anyone who sanely wants to answer it - i have not been able to find this info anywhere —

1. Not everyone is getting tested, so therefore there has to be a way of calculating the number of those inflected with Covid 19. Does anyone know what the potential real number of infected might be based on those that don’t get tested. For example my health insurance is in TX and I am unable to get tested here in KY. Then there are those that flat out won’t get tests but are sick or asymptomatic. How is the CDC or others calculating these variables?

2. All I see are the numbers of infected being posted daily - but where is the number of total tested. I figure there has to be someplace to find the total number of tested to see what the percentages are of those getting tested and coming up positive vs those coming up negative

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the numbers are encouraging. Deaths are not spiking along with new cases. The best remedy for this is herd immunity so as long as hospitals are not being overrun, we are in a good place. It’s not going away otherwise. A vaccine is not going to be here immediately.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Dude

Easy

You’re barking up the wrong tree

I am simply asking about the numbers.
I have zero clue why you keep throwing all this other shit my way - i’m not debating anything you say.
So get off me.

My question stands to anyone who sanely wants to answer it - i have not been able to find this info anywhere —

1. Not everyone is getting tested, so therefore there has to be a way of calculating the number of those inflected with Covid 19. Does anyone know what the potential real number of infected might be based on those that don’t get tested. For example my health insurance is in TX and I am unable to get tested here in KY. Then there are those that flat out won’t get tests but are sick or asymptomatic. How is the CDC or others calculating these variables?

2. All I see are the numbers of infected being posted daily - but where is the number of total tested. I figure there has to be someplace to find the total number of tested to see what the percentages are of those getting tested and coming up positive vs those coming up negative

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
My bad. Not really specific to you. I should have just entered a post not a reply.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
My bad. Not really specific to you. I should have just entered a post not a reply.

No problem brother,
Just to let you know, I’ve been saying from day 1 that universal testing is the only way out of this - I’ve also states numerous times how I like masks and being a germaphobe I’ll be glad when everyone has to wear them

Status
Not open for further replies.