Couldn't have gone to the Super Bowl without...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wouldn't have gone to the Super Bowl without...

• Kurt Warner

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 56 65.1%
  • Orlando Pace

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Isaac Bruce

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Torry Holt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
You know I first wanted to push Kurt Warner...no brainer.

Then I got to thinking... Warner was fantastic and all, superman even, but so were those other guys on that list. Then I'm thinking well who was the next man up behind Kurt Warner and that guy was Trent Green right. He was pretty good and if if not for injury you got a gotta wonder what would have happened with him. I guess what I'm saying is not that he's anywhere nearly as good as Warner. He's not clearly. Warner is Superman. It's that I'm talking about replacement value of the player at the position. In that light he's probably the most replaceable of all of the guys on this list.

That all said, I still give it to Warner, you could add other names to the honorable list too, but all these guys coming together and vermeil and that d and it was just kind of a lightening in a bottle thing. Man those were some good good memories weren't they.

See Dick run. Why did Dick run? Run run run.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Not to be an a$$, but IMO Rodney Harrison. I think when Trent went down, the team said "f*ck it... Nothing is going to stop us." Gotta' Go To Work! Gotta' Go To Work! Gotta' Go To Work!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Trent Green put up great numbers when Warner went down in 2000. I think he would have been just fine in that offense. But Faulk is what made the GSOT possible.
But Trent Green DID go down.

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
Gotta go with Faulk. Not only was he a double threat, but he was as smart a football player, as you're ever going to find!!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
We all know that it's a team game but Warner was "the straw that stirs the drink."

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I voted Kurt but that's cuz there was no "all of the above."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where's the Mike Jones option at X
I could have listed a bunch of other players, but I wanted to keep it short. London Fletcher came to mind too.
Jones certainly helped the Rams *win* a Super Bowl, but I was more curious about who helped to get them there the most.

fearsomefour

Legend
Damn! Toughest poll I ever took. What a Team!!

Gotta go Marshal, but they're all worthy.
I agree.
I went Faulk sort of by default. Such a key veteran guy who made everyone better and gave a QB who was green to the NFL a great security blanket.
Warner would be my next choice.
Green would have been good but it is easy to forget how different the game was then. Re watching those game most of the hits QBs took back then would be penalties today. The rules have conspired to turn the passing game into a video game. But when Warner got to 40 TDs it was just him and Marino in that club. With good reason. Warner was fearless in the pocket. Standing tall to deliver the ball on time seeing a pass rusher and knowing he was going to get clobbered....no throw away, no running backward, taking the hit to deliver the ball.
Freaking stud.
Five HOF players on that O.
Very special.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't think it's any question it's Faulk. I honestly don't see how anyone could pick otherwise. The man ran over a thousand and caught more than most WR . There's a reason he was the team MVP. Warner is a fine QB, but we went 12-4 and into the playoffs with Bulger throwing to Bruce and with Pace blocking. It was Faulk at his prime that made the difference.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
It was the combination of all those guys that made the Rams so special and although Warner always says Faulk was the key to the GSOT, I've always thought that a great qb is the single biggest difference maker so I voted KW.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I just guess that was a damn good team but I've gone for Bruce, I just think he took the pressure off Warner - he's one heck of a comfort blanket for a fresh QB ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It came down to Warner and Faulk for me.

I voted Faulk.

Could have just as easily voted Warner.