Cosell on T Greg Robinson: Not a Finished Product

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm not going to compare the two, but Pace was a little raw in pass pro when he was drafted. It was his second year when he stood out. Better than Robinson for sure maybe less polished than Matthews.
It's all about if a team thinks Robinson has the feet, quickness and desire to learn to play LT at a elite level, if they don't he's going to he's further down their board. It's all about upside with him. Worst he could ever be is a HOF guard.

Pace didn't allow a sack the last 2 seasons at Ohio State. So he wasn't even close to as raw as Robinson is in pass pro.

He could be an amazing guard, but so can later round prospects at guard.

fearsomefour

Legend
How do you know it's a weakness?

Have you seen any evidence to say he can't?
To me it appears he plays without great balance. He gets his hands outside the body a lot pass blocking and seems to reach and grab. I have no doubt Robinson can physically dominate so guys in the run game. I think he has plenty of work to do on technique and he is second to Matthews by a decent margin.
I would have him rated behind Matthews, Clowney and Watkins.

Alan

Legend
Username asking for proof of a negative:

"I have seen no evidence that Robinson can be a top pass protecting OLT."
Have you seen any evidence to say he can't?
Not a fair question IMO Username. You haven't seen any evidence that I can't pass protect either. Seeing evidence that you can do something is what's important. The rest is just hoping.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we go tackle early; I'll be shocked if it's not Mathews. Fisher trusts those bloodlines.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Pace didn't allow a sack the last 2 seasons at Ohio State. So he wasn't even close to as raw as Robinson is in pass pro.

He could be an amazing guard, but so can later round prospects at guard.
No he didn't but it wasn't a passing conf. either. He was known for pancaking players. The weak part of his game when he was drafted was pass pro. Tho it was better than most. And I don't care how good a player is in college the pros are a whole different thing.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No he didn't but it wasn't a passing conf. either. He was known for pancaking players. The weak part of his game when he was drafted was pass pro. Tho it was better than most. And I don't care how good a player is in college the pros are a whole different thing.

I agree the pro's are a whole different animal. Robinson is just to much of a worry for me personally to take him at #2.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I agree the pro's are a whole different animal. Robinson is just to much of a worry for me personally to take him at #2.
I almost feel the same. If I was drafting I might pass on him. But If I had coach Boo sitting next to me and he said no worries I can get him to the HOF then I'd jump on Robinson.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Either way, Coach Bo will help make him or Matthews a great player. But I still want Watkins over either of them. Unless, that is, we can get one of these top O types as well as Evans/Lee.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm wary of Robinson's weaknesses. Bends at the waist, stops his feet moving and is prone to holding penalties. Plus side? Great athlete - massively aggressive. I think Matthew's is a safer pick - Robinson MIGHT have better upside - and if there's a guy who can develop him its Paul Boudreau so I don't know. Glad its not my decision.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I almost feel the same. If I was drafting I might pass on him. But If I had coach Boo sitting next to me and he said no worries I can get him to the HOF then I'd jump on Robinson.
Really wish we had a direct line to Boo to ask him what he thinks.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I agree, only way he is is if we trade back and everyone else has been selected already.
If they do trade back which I'm not in favor of and feel like they get stuck with him then they screwed up. If they like him enough to take at 2 they should take him then. If he's their fourth choice and they settle for him wow.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

As years went on Pace was a better pass blocker than a run blocker. That whole line was geared more for pass blocking. The curren line is better at run blocking. They were bad at pass protecting, proven by the first 4 weeks. This time around they either need balance or better pass protection.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As years went on Pace was a better pass blocker than a run blocker. That whole line was geared more for pass blocking. The curren line is better at run blocking. They were bad at pass protecting, proven by the first 4 weeks. This time around they either need balance or better pass protection.
Both.