Cory Harkey vs. Lance Kendricks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Signing TE Lance Kendricks will cost anyone who think he will come cheap is fooling themselves. UFA's like Lance are in demand. Teams will pay. Harkey is a RFA and will come at a minimum cap hit. Cory Harkey is our starting FB who plays the move TE too. Harkey & Kendricks play a lot of the some positions.

Snead has two younger TE/H-backs under development this season. 23 yr old Justice Cunningham who is more Harkey than Kendricks, is already under a Rams contract. 23 yr old Alex Bayer who is more of Kendricks type but sure looks to have the much better hands & has shown flashes he could be a great help to Sam Bradford when he gets in trouble in the short passing game, is under contract until 2017.

Bottom Line here Rams have FOUR TE/H-backs types already signed for two positions in 2015. That's the same amount of healthy OL'ers signed for five positions.o_O IMO Snead will let Kendricks roam the free market & let another team overpay while he concentrates on a lot more key serious OL Unit that need refurbishment.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A te needs to do more than catch passes. Otherwise he'd be a wr.
He is good in the passing game. However with his physical gifts, he should be top 5 in every category.
Also the qb play should have made him more valuable as a safety valve. Instead he just disappeared in some games.

But isn't that what he was signed for? A TE that can be used as a WR?

And b/c of said TE/WR hybrid, yes QB play needs to be consistent.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Kendricks is as close to a complete TE as there is.
He's good in the passing game and a good blocker.
I would be surprised if we weren't outbid for Kendricks.
I'd rather resign Kendricks and Harkey and loose Cook.
Cook is very talented, but a one dimensional under achiever. Don't get me wrong. Cook is good. He's just not as good as his talent and contract.

I really like watching Harkey. He's a tough guy to bring down when he gets the ball. Fun to watch.

I met someone last week that knows Harkey.
She claimed, Harkey thinks he won't be kept by the Rams. He loves it here, but is doubtful.
I hope he does stay
I hope that does not happen. The Rams would be fools to let Harkey go.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
But isn't that what he was signed for? A TE that can be used as a WR?

And b/c of said TE/WR hybrid, yes QB play needs to be consistent.
Sorry. Politely disagree.
A pass catching te is often the safety net for qbs under pressure. Which our qbs generally were. He should have benefited from it.
He's not a wr. He's still a te.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry. Politely disagree.
A pass catching te is often the safety net for qbs under pressure. Which our qbs generally were. He should have benefited from it.
He's not a wr. He's still a te.
I dunno, man. *Technically* he's a TE, but 69% of his receptions, and 2 out of 3 of his TDs, came out of 3 and 4 WR sets.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I dunno, man. *Technically* he's a TE, but 69% of his receptions, and 2 out of 3 of his TDs, came out of 3 and 4 WR sets.
Which would give him even more opportunities with mismatches.
Again. I'm not saying Cook is bad. He's a good player. It's just that he should be able to do it all well for what he's being paid.
I don't see Cook doing anything that Kendricks can't do. In fact Kendricks is a better blocker

Kendricks was just starting to get rolling before Cook arrived.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hate to see him go, dam good Ram, but you are right.

I can see him getting 5-6 mil a yeayefrom a team that really wants him. That's too much...