Comparison of Goff's 2016 and 2017 passing charts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...ms-jared-goff-stats-passing-chart-comparison/

Jared Goff won’t win NFL MVP this year. He won’t even win Comeback Player of the Year. In fact, he wasn’t even the most improved player on his own team; Todd Gurley was.

Despite those facts, Goff’s improvement and development from 2016 to 2017 was absolutely stunning to watch. He went from arguably the NFL’s worst quarterback as a rookie to one of the most consistent signal-callers in the league this past season.

He had one bad game against the Seahawks, but in his other 14 starts, he had a passer rating of at least 75.8 in each of them, including 10 games with a rating above 93. That’s wildly impressive for a second-year quarterback in his first season with a new head coach and coordinator.

When you compare his seasons using Next Gen Stats’ passing charts, it’s even more staggering how much better he was this season.

upload_2018-1-15_17-49-27.png

As you can see, he improved in every single area of the field except 10-plus yards down the left side. He was very good in that department as a rookie, which made it difficult for him to improve. Otherwise, he was a tremendous deep-ball passer in Year 2 and consistently hit receivers on intermediate routes.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just imagine how much better he will look next season. When’s the last time we had continuity on offense from year to year? What a great future we have as Rams fans.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just imagine how much better he will look next season. When’s the last time we had continuity on offense from year to year? What a great future we have as Rams fans.
My thoughts exactly. Hoping the loss of Olsen won't hurt but really hoping LaFleur doesn't move to the Titans.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One of the reasons I want Watkins back. I don't want him to lose the deep threat and face rolled up coverages, plus Sammy in year two should have the offense down, have better timing with Jared, and be able to factor in more in early reads than he did last year.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
My thoughts exactly. Hoping the loss of Olsen won't hurt but really hoping LaFleur doesn't move to the Titans.

I know a big thing that kept being talked about regarding Olsen was his emphasis on the QB knowing the protections. I hope that we don't lose that