Coliseum Sun Issues

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Most football stadiums run north-south (hence the term "north-south runner" for power backs), but the Coliseum is actually an Olympic Track stadium that faces east-west.

That means in the late afternoons, whichever team is driving to the west will have the sun directly in the QB and O-Line's faces. Not to mention in the faces of the special teams guys on punt and kickoff returns.

And whichever team is driving east will have the sun in their receivers' eyes when they turn back to locate the ball.

Which is worse? Is there a way the Rams can factor in sun into their coin toss game plan?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say it's worse for the receivers and PR. QBs and OLs generally aren't directing their eyes upward.

threesox84

Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd say it's worse for the receivers and PR. QBs and OLs generally aren't directing their eyes upward.

Wait, PR as in punt returner? Because wouldn't the punt returner be looking the opposite way of a receiver turning around?

Great now my brain hurts.

Only reason I ask about the sun is because I've seen some goofy things happen during USC games at the Coliseum and I remember Pete Carroll always having the sun in mind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, PR as in punt returner? Because wouldn't the punt returner be looking the opposite way of a receiver turning around?

Great now my brain hurts.

Only reason I ask about the sun is because I've seen some goofy things happen during USC games at the Coliseum and I remember Pete Carroll always having the sun in mind.

I mean it's worse for those positions, not that they're looking the same direction. They wouldn't be if they're on the same team.

threesox84

Name
Greg
I mean it's worse for those positions, not that they're looking the same direction. They wouldn't be if they're on the same team.

Gotcha. Just glad that I'm not actually losing my mind.

threesox84

Name
Greg
Then this serious east-west handicap should mandate all prime time night games for the Rams.

Fine by me! My Trojans don't play on Sunday nights.

threesox84

Name
Greg
At least my Trojans weren't lambskin. Thats before my time.:banana:

Holy shit was that actually a real thing?

If so I concede this one... wait lemme find an appropriate emoji...

This one would be weird: :grouphug:

:giveup:

There we go, I guess.

PS: We need more expressive emojis here.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Holy crap was that actually a real thing?

There we go, I guess.

Best thread hijack ever. :homer:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This is more of a general statement to everyone; when you come this... send a PM to one of the mods or myself with a suggestion.

They are easy to add. (y)

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones

There we go, I guess.

Funny historical note. Lambskin was used as far back as Babylonian times to prevent unwanted pregnancies. The Romans were the first ones to try using lambskin with women. :whistle:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sunn.jpg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ha! Lambskin. Not as old as my great-great gandpa's "coon'skin" rubber.:jerkoff:

bnw

Pro Bowler

If so I concede this one...

Yes it still is a real thing and Trojan sells them. Pricey though and won't protect against viruses. Though if you wish to economize there's this-
Can you reuse lambskin condoms? If so, how do you properly care for them after use?

1 Answer

John Burgess
, Former US Foreign Service Officer who's been around the block (and the world) a few times.
Answered Aug 11 2012

Yes, they can, but it's a bother. The washing part is easy enough... a mild detergent will take care of that. They then need to be dried, but not too dry. Letting them dry completely will cause them to crack, not something you want in a condom.

Storage is the big pain. They need to be kept moist, but not so moist that mold or bacteria grow on them. Keeping them in a saline solution would work, but it can't be too strong a solution else you run into the cracking problem again, this time because the tissue is being denatured. Keeping them in a water-based lubricant may not prevent contamination; nor in a silicone-based lubricant, for that matter. I suppose you could keep them in oil, but that would mean sterilizing the oil and then constantly refreshing it to avoid rancidity which would also denature the tissue.

Re-use made sense when condoms were handmade and cost a considerable amount of money. Lambskin condoms (actually made from intestine, not skin) are still relatively expensive, around $6-$7 each, but they're not so expensive that they're not disposable.
https://www.quora.com/Can-you-reuse...o-how-do-you-properly-care-for-them-after-use

threesox84

Name
Greg
This is more of a general statement to everyone; when you come this... send a PM to one of the mods or myself with a suggestion.

They are easy to add. (y)

Yeah but that would mean we need to come up with our own original ideas instead of just complaining out loud, which is much easier.