Cole: Report: Rams could start Mannion if Goff struggles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
[nfltraderumors.co]

•Though Jason Cole of B/R says that the Rams are “pleased with the progress” of QB Jared Goff this offseason, people within the organization is also “extremely pleased” with backup QB Sean Mannion.
•According to Cole, the Rams believe Mannion has improved footwork and reads as a quarterback, while a team source “wouldn’t be surprised” if Los Angeles turns to Mannion if Goff struggles during the regular season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If, If, If...If my Aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sean McVay could be coach of the year if the Rams win 10 games.

That's not a prediction. Similarly, the "report" above isn't saying anything.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

90% of what Jason Cole reports is either basic, obvious observation or shoddy information. Either way, it's lazy journalism (if you can call it that).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not only is this Cole garbage but 3k has taken up the story at TST.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
These guys should be promoted to CNN, MSNBC and Fox News anchors. They are fully trained in the vital, "Nosh!t" category of news reporting.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

It's a Stupid report by someone trying to fill up print space!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Or we could be using it more as a way to fuel Goffs motivation to be great.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah, like I said in other thread that this wouldn't surprise me if Goff ends up sucking (which I don't think he will) because McVay has no motivation to lose just to force Goff on the field.

But at the end of the day, another useless article.

Jason Cole is reporting that, (insert name) has a chance to be benched for their backup (insert name) if they suck ass.

Welcome to sports.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would say that Mannion would have been a better option last year, he did look much better in the preseason, and had an extra year under his belt. If Goff struggles, there should be no guarantee he keeps the job.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Jason Cole - professional at throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Jason Cole to source: Who would the Rams turn to if Goff really struggled in 2017?
Source: Sean Mannion. I mean, Matt Davis surely won't be ready.
Cole: I'm running with this.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion is our guy too, so I won't hate on the guy. The few times I have seen him in real game situations, he did not look that special. He seemed a plodding, slow footed QB. Yes, he does have one more year that Goff, but that was experience in a suck0ass Jeff Fisher Offense, and he's learning the new one as is Goff. I believe Goff is a more accurate QB with vastly better footwork. He is a Fisher/Snead pick, but McVay came to the Rams excited about him.

We have to ride Goff...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Well ....since it comes from a reputable source like Bleacher Report we have to take it very very seriously.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Captain Obvious, (another Bleacher Report "journalist") mentioned that if Goff regresses every week that they "might" have to consider other options at quarterback.

The guy is good. :D

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
BREAKING:
If running back Todd Gurley re-injures his ACL, don't expect the LA Rams to continue to trot him out there as the starter in a young "hungry" backfield.

Insiders warn the Rams may turn to another RB to "see who can produce," in the case of a Gurley injury. Sources close to the team told our reporters that player "may be in the RB room right now," though they were hesitant to name the player.

"It could be a variety of guys," said one source in particular, who asked to remain anonymous. "These are hungry guys, who can step in. We just don't know."

This is a developing story in Los Angeles, a potential bombshell that could make major waves over the coming weeks, as the Rams under new head coach Sean McVay--the youngest head coach in NFL history--begin OTAs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yawn-o.gif