Coach McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I still say the run game wasn’t working .... I didn’t see many big gains other thena the lone Austin TD run

The timeout thing is a little Frustrating but he is a new HC ... I mean martz used em
Like they were going out of fashion
Sean will learn

Redzone stuff sometimes come
Down to execution .. GE shoulda had one early in the game and drops it .. kupp missed
One it’s not Always on the coach

The Hags controlled the edges in the second half. Don't know why he kept giving Tavon the ball on first downs.
I think Everett was OB in the end zone but, was also held beyond the 5 yard limit.
Oh the timeouts were wasted.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This was a team loss.
Better execution today, and this thread doesn't exist.

Everett missed a TD pass.

Momentum played a big part of today's lose & to much Tavon Austin.

Woods made that great catch & they run to the linejust to get a snap off for no yards.

All the turnovers.

Sammy Watkins stopping on his route & just not working hard or smart. Goff tried to force a view balls to him as well. One time when he was surrounded by 4 defensive players.

McVay got away from the play action.

Malcom Brown sure looked good on 3rd down plays.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I still say the run game wasn’t working .... I didn’t see many big gains other thena the lone Austin TD run

The timeout thing is a little Frustrating but he is a new HC ... I mean martz used em
Like they were going out of fashion
Sean will learn

Redzone stuff sometimes come
Down to execution .. GE shoulda had one early in the game and drops it .. kupp missed
One it’s not Always on the coach

Maybe McVay thought the same thing? Gurley did have 32 yds on 7 carries ( 2 of 9yds and 1 of 12yds) in the first quarter before we abandoned the run in the 2nd.

I think if we would have fed TG more and got him involved more out of the backfield we could have better controlled the tempo. Hard to tell but time to fix it and build on the good

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know some of you guys on here had to catch the misuse of the timeout before the two minute warning .He made a clear mistake by calling the timeout with 2:43 remaining. The Hags would've had to run a play before the two minute warning but he jumped the gun . That wasted 40 seconds that Goff could've used . He has to be smarter than that in the future , and the rest will come .

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
We kept trying to push it down the field when we really didn't have it there....(other than the TE play ...twice...). It kept putting us behind the sticks.

They tried to take away the WRs and left that seam open to the TE's

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True.
But how many did we score today?

Well, we scored 10 plus the 7 we lost on the questionable touchback fumble plus the 3 we lost on the Zuerlein miss plus the 3 we lost on the Goff screen interception plus the 7 we lost on the Kupp drop.

So we scored 10 and lost another 20 due to unforced errors on our part (I guess you could argue the Gurley fumble was a forced error). And that was on McVay's worst day as a play-caller and our worst day as an offense.

Frankly, I wouldn't be so certain that LaFleur is a better play-caller than McVay. It might actually hurt the team. And then we'd have to go through multiple games of a lesser play-caller before returning it to McVay. It seems like something we should maybe experiment with next preseason but not this year. Let's not mess with an offense that's working because of one bad game against a top defense.

Scirca

Rookie
I truly despise McVays play calling in the redzone. I hated it in washington and I don't like it here. Give Lafleur the play-calling duties.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
You don't change the play caller now.

Ram fans are so damn fickle, last week he's a HOF coach now just so-so...

Lots of things went wrong in that game, but the Seahawk are no chumps - there were lots of uncharacteristic mistakes by players today, it was a bad day at the office...

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said last week there will be games where there are hiccups and we struggle yesterday was one of those game ... I’m glad we were still in it toward the end 5 turnovers and we were there ... that’s a good thing

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with the bad day at the office club too. The disbelief on his face when the Touchback was announced, we roar back 10 to zip. The Seahawks won by some stupid football Gods messing around with the almighty football control mouse. It had to be that.
Oh, off topic, but I have to share this with you about my fan experience at the game surrounded by Seahawk fans. And I was on the Rams side of the field, but up around row 80.
I have to feel some comfort in this one thing. Behind me, and I mean directly behind me 6 inches away, was the most annoying Seahawk fan, female, mother of two, and proud wife of a drunk. She screeched when she talked and screeched when she cheered. She had a voice that was like a cartoon character that sounded like some off pitch whiney screech. It was a voice of an evil witch, like nothing I had ever heard before. When I was yelling when Wilson was at the line, she would screech along with all the Rams fans. She would screech during T.V. timeouts. Her husband would ask her what was she doing and drink more beer. I actually walked away from that thanking God I have my wife and took solace in knowing that screeching, annoying woman, would torture her Seahawk fan husband until his dying day.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, we scored 10 plus the 7 we lost on the questionable touchback fumble plus the 3 we lost on the Zuerlein miss plus the 3 we lost on the Goff screen interception plus the 7 we lost on the Kupp drop.

So we scored 10 and lost another 20 due to unforced errors on our part (I guess you could argue the Gurley fumble was a forced error). And that was on McVay's worst day as a play-caller and our worst day as an offense.

Frankly, I wouldn't be so certain that LaFleur is a better play-caller than McVay. It might actually hurt the team. And then we'd have to go through multiple games of a lesser play-caller before returning it to McVay. It seems like something we should maybe experiment with next preseason but not this year. Let's not mess with an offense that's working because of one bad game against a top defense.

No excuses... We scored 10. Realistically we left 10 for sure on the field. But bottom line, we scored 10 points. Also, who said I am sure or even think that La Fleur is a better play caller than McVay?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No this is not a bashing McVay post. The guy still has a lot to learn that’s obvious.
But I want to talk about some things that has become a trend lately with him and just brainstorm on what he can do to correct some of those things.

1. Playcalling, I think the main reason why we are using all of our time outs is because McVay is calling the plays. I think he needs to give up the playcalling to sorta stream line everything. Goff gets to the line extremely late and it effects the rhythm and the ability to change the play based off the defensive looks. All of this has resulted in too many wasted timeouts.
2. Every game so far McVay has gotten away from the running game in certain periods of the game. This time it seemed like he did it the entire game. Watching his press conference he said it was based off of what they was doing up front, that tells me he played right into carrols plan.
3. Red zone offense even with Washington this has been a big mark against McVay and part of that is because of my first two points. McVay is going to always be a coach that loves to pass but he has a back that has a ton of confidence right now and not going to him can have adverse effects on his psyche. You can’t feeeze our your best offensive player.

What are your thoughts.?
Gurley wasn't effective in this game, I don't know why, I'll have to watch more film. But he only got 43 yards on 14 attempts, and on 4 targets he only caught 2 for a total of 7 yards, he had 1 for 6 yards!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Gurley wasn't effective in this game, I don't know why, I'll have to watch more film. But he only got 43 yards on 14 attempts, and on 4 targets he only caught 2 for a total of 7 yards, he had 1 for 6 yards!

Those signature pass plays to Gurley were non existent yesterday, and I dont know why we didnt get that going.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's been a Head Coach for five... count 'em... five NFL games.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

The shecocks werent gonna let Gurley beat them, and the passing game died in the redzone with no run game to help it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This was a team loss.
Better execution today, and this thread doesn't exist.

Even just better execution on two or three plays and the game goes to the Rams. The score could have been 20-10 Rams with a few things going thier way.

You can't let Seattle do that to you, but then we let them do it to us.

They have a top 5 defense. The reason they aren't 4-1 or 5-0 is the offense. Which the Rams did a good job of keeping in check. How many times does a team get 5 turnovers and only put up 16 points? They are still dangerous, but they know the Rams are coming for them. Usually when a team hands another team 5 turnovers it's not going down to the last play. They know the Rams are coming. They found out yesterday.