Clowney out for the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Thank God he didn't fall to us and make us have to decide on him or Robinson.
Also thank God we got Donald as well, who would you rather have now? Sometimes it just works out for you, the draft is such a crapshoot...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I guess now we can expect an "article" from M. Florio saying how the Texans shouldn't have drafted him #1.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bust. Faking an injury clearly.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm a little confused by the OP here... was he playing poorly before his injury? If it's just that he's injured, that doesn't make someone a bad pick any more than Robinson or Donald would suddenly become a bad pick if they got hurt.

Alan

Legend
As someone else said in a thread they started, we're gonna need a replacement for Chris in the fairly near future. Let's give him the normal 3 years before we say we dodged a bullet. Although like I've already stated, I'll take a premier DT over a premier DE any day.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a little confused by the OP here... was he playing poorly before his injury? If it's just that he's injured, that doesn't make someone a bad pick any more than Robinson or Donald would suddenly become a bad pick if they got hurt.
Well it's just that he's only played four games so maybe all the injury concerns were correct. Where there is smoke there is fire, at least it seems so in this case. Could still turn out to be fantastic, but I'm stoked we got an excellent DL guy PLUS GRob.
If I was a Texan fan I'd be scared to death right now that Clowney might be a bad pick, because of all the talent they could've had instead.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well it's just that he's only played four games so maybe all the injury concerns were correct. Where there is smoke there is fire, at least it seems so in this case. Could still turn out to be fantastic, but I'm stoked we got an excellent DL guy PLUS GRob.
If I was a Texan fan I'd be scared to death right now that Clowney might be a bad pick, because of all the talent they could've had instead.
Okay. That makes sense now. Thanks for explaining. :)

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I'd still take him. If he fell to No. 2, he would have been the obvious choice IMO. BPA. I think he'll be fine.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It was a pre-existing injury to the meniscus that he had before the combine, and that he and the Texans knew about apparantly. If thats the case, I think he should have had surgery before the season and rehabbed it rather than playing on it making it worse etc and then everyone calling you a bust for it. But then maybe he wouldnt have gone no 1 overall....so I dont blame him too much for it. Texan's must just have gambled that his long term upside was worth 1 season at least.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Personally, I liked Donald better than Clowney so happy the way the draft panned out the way that it did.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It was a pre-existing injury to the meniscus that he had before the combine, and that he and the Texans knew about apparantly. If thats the case, I think he should have had surgery before the season and rehabbed it rather than playing on it making it worse etc and then everyone calling you a bust for it. But then maybe he wouldnt have gone no 1 overall....so I dont blame him too much for it. Texan's must just have gambled that his long term upside was worth 1 season at least.

Do you know if it has long term implications from playing on it like other injuries or is a meniscus different? I can't imagine that they would put him at risk after picking him #1 that would be insane.

Alan

Legend
As I've said here before, I never bought into all the Clowney hype. I may have to eat crow later though. :cautious:

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I'm happy with the way it turned out,Donald is already showing that he will be a star.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Can we officially call him a bust? But in reality...
whocares.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What did they do? Clown was gone before we picked.

I suppose we should thank the Redskins and RG3 then for not losing one more game to put the Rams in position to draft #1 overall..........hahahahahahahahahahahahaha