Chris Myers available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If the Rams want to go with a veteran center - they could do worse than Chris Myers. He was released by the Texans today.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Dudes 33... I know some centers can play well into there mid to late 30s but I would rather them go after young stud like Hudson and fix the position and not have to worry about it for 5 years

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Texans cut longtime C Chris Myers, save $6M
3373.jpg

Texans released C Chris Myers.

Myers has been the Texans' center the past seven seasons and never missed a start. Due $6 million in the final year of his contract and scheduled to count $8 million against the cap, it was a logical move to move on from the 33-year-old. Myers was a top-three run-blocking center at Pro Football Focus this past season, but finished 33rd out of 41 as a pass blocker. Myers may resurface in Denver with old pal Gary Kubiak. At 286 pounds, he's built for a zone-blocking scheme.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Mar 4 - 2:24 PM

WestCoastRam

Legend
We're not gonna have a ton of money to go after guys in FA if we plan on signing our own guys and re-upping our guys who are set for FA in 2015. I'd be okay with a signing like this after the market cools for what would amount to a low-money 2 year deal. Get another candidate to compete with Rhaney in the draft and let Myers go after a year or two if the draft picks come along.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Hard to discuss any center when Wells is still on the roster sucking down ~$5 million of cap space. Insert the quote about how he must have incriminating photos of Fisher, because it's just insane that Wells has not been cut yet. Despair has set in, I'm starting to think Fisher believes the Rams are set at C and we'll be reading quotes from him raving over Wells' "veteran leadership" and "going into 2015 fresh with no injuries or tick bites!"

Athos

Legend
No more old Centers 30 and over.

I want a C under 30 please. Preferably around 26.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We only have 6 million is cap space as it stands. We'll be lucky to resign 2-3 of our own guys and forget FA's with that much money.

I say sign one big fish, Hudson, and let the rest walk. UDFA's is the way to go, see Patsies.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Probably one of the most annoying sports announcers in the history of history. No thanks.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not really a fit for our scheme, and preferably we'd get a younger guy.

FRO

Legend
No more old Centers 30 and over.

I want a C under 30 please. Preferably around 26.
Like Jason Brown?

Man we just can't get lucky at the C position. Hope we can solve it for a long time this offseason.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I seriously doubt this team is investing in a FA Center at this point. We have 3 on the roster and they have been in the system for long enough to be able to step up. I know we all want and need a center but it's gonna end up being like the search for an offensive coordinator - promoted from within
Wiz in Oakland is gonna resign, Hudson will get the tag, that leaves you with old vets like Brian LaPuente, Myers, Hardwick etc...

Just don't see a FA Center signing this year at all

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'd take him. Why not, way cheaper than the Hudson r Wisneiski route, which leaves us the ability to upgrade other spots.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I seriously doubt this team is investing in a FA Center at this point. We have 3 on the roster and they have been in the system for long enough to be able to step up. I know we all want and need a center but it's gonna end up being like the search for an offensive coordinator - promoted from within
Wiz in Oakland is gonna resign, Hudson will get the tag, that leaves you with old vets like Brian LaPuente, Myers, Hardwick etc...

The Chefs tagged Houston, Hudson can't be tagged.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

Oakland has shown a lot of interest in Hudson so Wiz is not a sure bet.

Hudson did not get the tag in KC, Justin Houston did.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Don't want to get fried again with Wells 2.0 He was one of the better centers when the Rams paid him 34 bazillion dollars..I don't want to go down that road again...Rams gave had some real butt-thumpers in the Oline, whether it be in FA or the draft .. They've been equal opportunity screw-ups...