Chris Long -Defensive End-St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Chris Long Defensive End St. Louis Rams

RE: Being ejected
I apologized to my teammates for hurting the team and giving them 15 yards. Having to watch the game in the locker room was probably the low point in my career. I can’t let that happen again. I’ll always stick up for my teammates. When my teammates are in trouble, I’ll always stick up for them. I’m not sorry for that, but I am sorry for losing my cool.

RE: What caused him to get so mad
I don’t really have any comments about what was really kind of a situation that was a little bit out of control. There was a lot going on in there so I don’t really have any comment on that, but again, I just apologize for losing my cool. That did happen. I don’t want to hurt this football team, but I’ll always stick up for my teammates.

RE: The person retaliating being the person who gets called for the foul
You know how that goes. They are always going to get the second guy, so I need to be smarter than that. I play this game with a lot of emotion. I won’t change that, but there has to be a point where I can reel it in and I can’t let people provoke me. I can’t hurt the team. Those guys played hard. We were playing hard out there. We played the game with a lot of emotion but sometimes you have to know when to reel it in.

RE: If the frustration was with the officiating or the Panthers
I was just frustrated. It was a frustrating situation. We weren’t playing to our potential at the time and there was a big scuffle in there. I just got caught and probably lost my cool the most. I apologize for that. That was wrong and I need to be more composed. There is a fine line, when you play with a lot of emotion, there is a fine line between being over the line and reeling it back in. I need to reel it back in.

RE: Sam Bradford’s injury
It’s really tough. Sam has been playing well. Whatever that situation might be, it’s just tough to see him in pain and it’s tough to see him get some bad luck on that one. It was just a bang-bang play. It’s football. It’s a very physical game and sometimes, you are going to get hurt. Hopefully, we’ll have Sam back soon. That is really difficult. Sam fights hard for this team and works his ass off. For him to have to exit early, that’s really hard for the team.

RE: If he apologized
Most guys came up to me and said don’t worry about it. I’ve apologized to certain guys because I can’t be out there. They understand. I’m always going to stick up for my teammates. It goes without saying that I need to reel it. I’ve apologized to those guys but they understand when you are on a team together, we all play with a lot of emotion and we all stick up for each other. Those guys get it. I don’t have to worry about these guys in the locker room. We all have a lot of love for each other. They’d rather me be out there battling hard than to be out there not doing that.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'm glad he's showing that he understands just how detrimental his actions where to the team. He's supposed to be a leader. And a leader does not throw wild (completely ineffectual) punches after the fact.

…..

Legend
I dont mind at all that he got thrown out...threw a punch...whatever.

It was time to make a stand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
The only thing he needs to apologize for was not knockin one of those guys the f out.

I loved the way he an Dahl stepped up to defend their teammates today.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Ky Ram said:
The only thing he needs to apologize for was not knockin one of those guys the f out.

They're throwing punches at a helmet!? What is the point of that????

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
OnceARam said:
Ky Ram said:

Same as if they don't have a helmet. Don't f with me or my teammates. Peiod.

This Rams squad will not be bullied or walked on.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
During a brawl Id always lift the facemask up and uppercut. Way more effective than a punch to the helmet.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Ky Ram said:
OnceARam said:
Ky Ram said:

Dude, have you ever been hit in the helmet with a fist?? Well if you haven't let me tell you what it does; NOTHING. It does nothing. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't make a statement. It does nothing. It is par for the course. It is expected. It is like shaking hands and making eye contact at a business meeting.

If you want to make a statement you grab a guy's f'ing facemask, twist it and then take him to the ground. Then you kick them in the teeth.

Hitting a guy's helmet is foreplay and the Rams looked like b*tches playing slap a** today.

It was embarrassing. And I'm embarrassed by our performance.

quebecramfan

Rookie
OnceARam said:
I'm glad he's showing that he understands just how detrimental his actions where to the team. He's supposed to be a leader. And a leader does not throw wild (completely ineffectual) punches after the fact.

But a leader also knows how to stick up for his teamates and let the world know that shit against them won't be tolerated.

By the way... no one actually saw a punch being thrown by Long...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

But a leader also knows how to stick up for his teamates and let the world know that shyte against them won't be tolerated.

He never threw one. It was more of a shove than anything.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
OnceARam said:
Ky Ram said:
OnceARam said:
Ky Ram said:

Dude, have you ever been hit in the helmet with a fist?? Well if you haven't let me tell you what it does; NOTHING. It does nothing. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't make a statement. It does nothing. It is par for the course. It is expected. It is like shaking hands and making eye contact at a business meeting.

If you want to make a statement you grab a guy's f'ing facemask, twist it and then take him to the ground. Then you kick them in the teeth.

Hitting a guy's helmet is foreplay and the Rams looked like b*tches playing slap a** today.

It was embarrassing. And I'm embarrassed by our performance.

OnceARam said:
HitStick said:
During a brawl Id always lift the facemask up and uppercut. Way more effective than a punch to the helmet.

Exactly.
Yup go ahead and Do that and watch the fine suspension or ejection from League follow

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

But a leader also knows how to stick up for his teamates and let the world know that shyte against them won't be tolerated.

I'm assuming a punch was thrown.

quebecramfan

Rookie
OnceARam said:
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

And assuming that after seeing the officiating in this game is not saying much

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

And assuming that after seeing the officiating in this game is not saying much

That's true.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
OnceARam said:
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

So did those sorry excuses for officials. I re-watched that segment 5 times and never saw anything even resembling a punch.