Chris Long channels Rainer Maria Rilke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, to be fair, his entire name was René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, and he was quoted as saying "The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens." Of course Chris Long is an every man, so he just says...

"I just want to get better. I don't know if that would entail having better numbers, but I know what it would look like to be a better football player on the field and that's more what I'm shooting to be. Whatever shows up on paper will show up on paper."

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stori ... ew-system/

Anonymous

X said:
Well, to be fair, his entire name was René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, and he was quoted as saying "The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens." Of course Chris Long is an every man, so he just says...

"I just want to get better. I don't know if that would entail having better numbers, but I know what it would look like to be a better football player on the field and that's more what I'm shooting to be. Whatever shows up on paper will show up on paper."

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stori ... ew-system/

This is the first Rilke reference I have ever seen on a Rams board.

You therefore win the Rilke Reference Lifetime Achievement Award.

All the soarings of my mind begin in my blood.
Rainer Maria Rilke

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:

Yeah well... there's a reason for that.

Really X? You just decide to cut to the chase and start with a derailed thread? Cheater! :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
zn said:

Really X? You just decide to cut to the chase and start with a derailed thread? Cheater! :sly:
How I roll, baby. :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
zn said:

How I roll, baby. :cool:

:7up:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
In Kindergarten, I used to eat paste...

yep, I was one of those kids!
heh. I used to cover my entire hand in glue and then peel it off when it dried so I could scare the girls with my hand skin.

Anonymous

X said:
SunTzu.v.Camus said:

heh. I used to cover my entire hand in glue and then peel it off when it dried so I could scare the girls with my hand skin.

Naw it's a lot more fun to just peel off the actual skin.

Now THAT really freaks em out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
SunTzu.v.Camus said:

Did both of those and sniffed the mimeograph copies when they hit my desk.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:
SunTzu.v.Camus said:

Did both of those and sniffed the mimeograph copies when they hit my desk.
Oh man, there was no better smell was there. That's like the starter drug for kids. Copy sniffing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
What the hell is a mimeograph?
That's old people speak for "copy machine." The mimeograph (printing press) had a much stronger ink smell than the copy machine, or Xerox machine, or whatever they called it when you were a kid. That said, the copy machine actually added heat to the equation, giving it that cooked smell too.

Mmmmmmmm copy paper.

homer-drooling.png

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Angry Ram said:
What the hell is a mimeograph?
That's old people speak for "copy machine." The mimeograph (printing press) had a much stronger ink smell than the copy machine, or Xerox machine, or whatever they called it when you were a kid. That said, the copy machine actually added heat to the equation, giving it that cooked smell too.

Mmmmmmmm copy paper.

[ Image ]
Mimeograph was an old medium for making a bunch of copies. The machine itself was like a scaled down printing press. The template page had the text punched out using a typewriter (you know what that is, right?) and ink was forced through the template onto paper. I know all this because our church had one and I ran it a couple times.

Pop-culture note: In Animal House, Bluto and D-day go dumpster diving for the test and Bluto comes out with a used mimeograph template.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You guys are so old. :bahumbug: Mimeographs.

Yes I know what a typewriter is.

Now the heat from the Xerox, I can relate. On a cold winter day, sometimes that was the only extra warmth we got...