Chris Givens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
In two games with Baltimore is one catch shy of having exactly half the catches the Kenny Britt has. He has the same amount of TDs. Yes, it's a small sample size, but it is possible that we will never truly have a great offense under fisher. That or he needs to really look at his positional coaches. This week should be interesting.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anyone willing to take a bet on weather Flaco tries to take givens deep on us this week-end or not!? I think he will!!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Anyone willing to take a bet on weather Flaco tries to take givens deep on us this week-end or not!? I think he will!!

He will go deep early and if it works they will dial it up all day, if he tries Tru22, it will be picked and he wont try Tru22 anymore.

SierraRam

Recreational User
That's called the Flacco effect...

As opposed to the 'Foles' effect:
images

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Well yea, Flacco can bomb the ball down the field and let Givens do what we all know Givens does best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I saw this thread, I expected something impressive. Looked up Givens's stats and he hasn't been anything special despite being on an offense with no WRs. Yea, I'm not missing the guy.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I saw this thread, I expected something impressive. Looked up Givens's stats and he hasn't been anything special despite being on an offense with no WRs. Yea, I'm not missing the guy.

Since getting there without knowing the offense he has more yards Brian Quick. So tell me again, why is Quick still here and Givens is not? Givens didn't get a fair shake. If Baltimore resigns him, I'm willing to bet he gets to 1000 before any current Ram.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since getting there without knowing the offense he has more yards Brian Quick. So tell me again, why is Quick still here and Givens is not? Givens didn't get a fair shake. If Baltimore resigns him, I'm willing to bet he gets to 1000 before any current Ram.

Why? Brian Quick is the better player. That's a pretty simple answer. And it has been clear since the start of 2014 when you watch this team play.

You're kind of overlooking an important part of WR production...the QB. Nick Foles just got benched for Case Keenum. Chris Givens is playing with a Super Bowl winning QB in Joe Flacco.

Givens is not a good player. He's not doing anything special in Baltimore despite being Flacco's #1 or #2 WR. The Rams won't miss him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why? Brian Quick is the better player. That's a pretty simple answer. And it has been clear since the start of 2014 when you watch this team play.

You're kind of overlooking an important part of WR production...the QB. Nick Foles just got benched for Case Keenum. Chris Givens is playing with a Super Bowl winning QB in Joe Flacco.

Givens is not a good player. He's not doing anything special in Baltimore despite being Flacco's #1 or #2 WR. The Rams won't miss him.

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. So? That defense played lights out from the point Ray Lewis said he was going to retire, onward. There's a reason they haven't been hyped up as contenders since. And Quick is the better player? Are you sure? That's why he's on the bench and two former Titans who have the same amount of drops as catches are getting his snaps.

When did Quick go over 500 yards in a season? Before you say he would have last year, probably, but look at the game logs. He came out like a bat out of hell, then had 4 catches in his last 3 games. He got figured out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Quick is the better player? Are you sure? That's why he's on the bench and two former Titans who have the same amount of drops as catches are getting his snaps.

When did Quick go over 500 yards in a season? Before you say he would have last year, probably, but look at the game logs. He came out like a bat out of hell, then had 4 catches in his last 3 games. He got figured out.

Yep. I'm sure. So were the Rams.

And you might want to check what position Jared Cook plays. You might also want to rewatch the Bears game if you think Quick is sitting on the bench.

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. So? That defense played lights out from the point Ray Lewis said he was going to retire, onward. There's a reason they haven't been hyped up as contenders since.

Did Trent Dilfer throw 11 TDs to 0 Ints during his playoff run the year they won the Super Bowl? Are you actually trying to compare Dilfer to Flacco? Smh.

And those non-Super Bowl contenders lost to the Super Bowl winner last year in the 2nd round of the playoffs by 4 points. In a game they led in the 4th quarter. You're nuts if you think they weren't a contender last year.

Drop the agenda.

Last edited:

Rainram

Starter
I'm with Jrry (or Jer-bear as I call him on my end). But...

but it is possible that we will never truly have a great offense under fisher. That or he needs to really look at his positional coaches.
I've been thinking a lot about our positional coaches since last year.

Yes I understand that it can take time acclimate to the NFL. I understand not everyone comes from a pro-style offense in college. Some have limited exposure to complex plays/playbooks. There's something to be said for continuity...for being in sync with one another...for jelling with others on offense. I get all that. I also believe that a lot is being left out on the field simply by way of execution by our players.

All that being said...I'm with HitStick on the part I quoted. (I could elaborate, but it's late, and I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow.)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never disputed that. I'm not a big fan of Fisher right now and I'm not sold we'll even have an average offense under him. However, that's a different discussion. Chris Givens isn't the right guy to fight this battle over.

Athos

Legend
Givens blows.

Britt plays with an inferior QB... and is still averaging 6 more yards/catch despite Givens having the QB with possibly the best deep ball in the league.

28/yards a game on a Ravens team starved for WRs making plays. Hell, their FB has as many 20+ plays as Givens.

Britt hasn't been great, but Foles has missed him plenty of times.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This is Brandon Gibson all over again, the guy leaves, is immediately mediocre elsewhere, but because he's doing it in a different jersey that makes it cooler somehow.

Lots of plays being left on the field lately, if Foles hits Britt and Quick nearly as much as they've been open we're not even having this discussion.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Does anyone remember Givens in year 2? He had his chance to be our #1, didn't workout that well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I liked Givens....but I like our other wrs better....I hope we draft a wr to replace him...Marquez is cool, but I'd want a lil more explosiveness coming off the bench... Should be a couple of great ones in the draft....

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Givens was playing well in preseason and never got a chance in regular season, which is par for the course under Fisher.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Givens was playing well in preseason and never got a chance in regular season, which is par for the course under Fisher.

I don't have an issue with that. If he's not the best guy, he shouldn't be playing because he produced against backups in the preseason.