Can OL and DL make each other even BETTER in practice?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I remember a guy from the other board saying how Quinn was a one trick pony and he sucked because Long was winning battles in camp. That ended up being a very wrong observation.

I was at camp, and it wasn't a wrong observation at the time. You can take it for what its worth as to the development of Quinn and how it may have impacted his season. But on a daily basis, Long regularly stoned Quinn in the one on one drills. And Quinn was a "one trick pony" going into last season. His only asset was his "get off" and he routinely ran himself out of the play.

Whether or not working vs. Long for 8 weeks helped him develop, or the proverbial lightbulb finally went off in year 3, who knows? But thankfully, it did, and there is no reason to think that having these two units working against each other again this year wont benefit all parties.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I recall reading an article about the 49ers during their heyday in the 80's. Lott was asked a question about the defense and how well they played and part of his response was that playing against Montana, Rice, Craig etc all week made Sundays a lot easier.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I recall reading some OTA or Training Camp reports, on another site, that reported that Long and Quinn were beating the "Stuffing" out of the OT"s in Practice. This shows the type of practices I expect to see this year, VERY PHYSICAL, especially under Coach Williams. I'd look to see fights break out!:D