Camp Report 8/1/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
THIS IS A PRELIMINARY REPORT>>>>>>

But I wanted to get this out there> I will update and write the Report in its totality as soon as I can!

THEME OF THE DAY: INJURIES

Rodger Saffold left practice after suffering what looks like a left shoulder injury. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv, but it doesn't look good.

Michael Brockers left early with a leg injury as he looked to have either gotten stepped on, or turned an ankle. Does NOT appear to be serious.

Laurinaitis was a no show today. Jenkins did not practice. Davin Joseph DNP. No Barrett Jones. No Lamarcus Joyner.

The actual report will be posted later thins evening.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ouch, let's all hope that our worst fear hasn't happened.
Wagoner reported that Fisher didn't think it was serious, either one, and it might be more of a hand or wrist thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if Saffold gets hurt again...it'll suck. But at least we seem to be prepared this time.

A55VA6

Legend
According to Twitter, Brockers and Saffold appear to be fine. Laurinaitis didn't practice after being stepped on yesterday.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I was just thinking today that we've been pretty lucky on the injury front. Sorry if I jinxed something.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ouch, let's all hope that our worst fear hasn't happened.
Wagoner reported that Fisher didn't think it was serious, either one, and it might be more of a hand or wrist thing.

I hope I'm wrong, but they wanted to put his left arm in a sling, and Saffold wanted no part of it. He walked off holding his left arm close to his body, grabbing his left wrist with his right hand. Again, I hope I am wrong, and it is some sort of hand/wrist injury, but they usually don't get out a sling for a wrist injury.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but nick Wagner seemed to suggest both weren't that serious..

Actually it was nick tweeting what fisher seemed to think

SierraRam

Recreational User
"Rodger Saffold left practice after suffering what looks like a left shoulder injury. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv, but it doesn't look good."

Who picked Roger in the "Jenga" thread? DAMMIT!! I hope Twitter is right, and its not serious - we need Saffold. Any replacement would be a downgrade

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I hope I'm wrong, but they wanted to put his left arm in a sling, and Saffold wanted no part of it. He walked off holding his left arm close to his body, grabbing his left wrist with his right hand. Again, I hope I am wrong, and it is some sort of hand/wrist injury, but they usually don't get out a sling for a wrist injury.

If it was a shoulder injury, is that the same shoulder the Raiders were concerned about?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but nick Wagner seemed to suggest both weren't that serious..

Actually it was nick tweeting what fisher seemed to think

I will defer to them. And hope they are correct.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
imo Long is a injury waiting to happen to.They hope he will be back but its not for certain

Thats a pretty negative attitude, his injuries have all been freak accidents, so theres little basis for that comment, and he will be back. He's already getting a few reps, and he should definitely be good to go in a month based on his current condition. He's doing really really good right now.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv, but it doesn't look good.

Dammit. Too bad you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously though. Shoulder or wrist... Neither is good for an offensive linemen at all. I'm sure Coach Fish would play it down too regardless. I would sit him out until the last pre-season game if there's any doubt, with maybe some light action in practice. Saffold knows the playbook by now, and has proven himself obliviously.

FRO

Legend
That's why we got Davin Joseph and why we may get Dahl if he is healthy.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This is just great.... and one unit that we need to keep the Off. on track is that oft injured OL

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Thats a pretty negative attitude, his injuries have all been freak accidents, so theres little basis for that comment, and he will be back. He's already getting a few reps, and he should definitely be good to go in a month based on his current condition. He's doing really really good right now.

I think this would be the basis. http://www.kffl.com/player/16021/nfl/injury_history/jake-long

That said, I agree. He is going to be back week 1, and I'm glad that he is as he's a terrific linemen especially at run blocking. However this might be his last season here or in the NFL for that matter. I hope to God he stays reasonably healthy though with at least nothing major forcing him to miss a lot of time.