Cam Newton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Good point.
Having to play against Aaron Donald could actually come into play in Ron Rivera's thinking about when Cam Newton might need to start.

If he's iffy week one, might as well hold him out.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Cam may be borderline Bi-polar but I know he’s had a chip on his shoulder ever since he got that payout from leaving Auburn.
I was just thinking the very same thing. It would seem possible that the payout could be a contributing factor to agitating a borderline bi-polar disorder.

Ram65

Legend
He didn't look that bad after the the game. A slight limp. He will be fine until the Rams get to him. The Panthers made a big deal out of very little.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

oldnotdead

Legend
Hmmm this is the guy who used to think he was Superman. Before his draft they were calling him a generational talent.....just another gen talent that never lived up to that lofty expectation. He's a good QB but that's about it. He's only 30 and once a body starts getting dinged up it's only a matter of time now. His clock is ticking.

It's the same clock Deshone Watson is hearing. I bet he stays in the pocket more too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I think Cam is/was a generational talent but the team never surrounded him with any considerable talent.
He’s a nutcase for sure but man what he could have been with a stud WR and an innovative offense.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I think Cam is/was a generational talent but the team never surrounded him with any considerable talent.
He’s a nutcase for sure but man what he could have been with a stud WR and an innovative offense.
Cam could run, but never thought much of him as a passer. He was always throwing everything as hard as he could. Almost as if he thought that made him a good QB. Never seemed to improve at reading defenses, and just never seemed to get better at anything. Add to that his poor leadership, and I have just never been impressed.

Another guy i am glad was never a Ram.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
His resume should list him as a sartorial shock jock !!! My goodness !!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
One thing that can never be questioned about his throwing ability...

Nobody can throw a stolen laptop through a tiny dorm room window farther than Cam. Think about the required accuracy that that takes! He proved that right before he was thrown out of the University of Florida.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He is a freak no doubt. But for me it comes back to the truth of QBing at the NFL level: if you want longevity and consistency you need to be able to win from the pocket.

What he lacks is quick processing ability which is a requirement in winning from the pocket. And his accuracy is way too inconsistent.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One thing that can never be questioned about his throwing ability...

Nobody can throw a stolen laptop through a tiny dorm room window farther than Cam. Think about the required accuracy that that takes! He proved that right before he was thrown out of the University of Florida.
If only he could do that with a football.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is a freak no doubt. But for me it comes back to the truth of QBing at the NFL level: if you want longevity and consistency you need to be able to win from the pocket.

What he lacks is quick processing ability which is a requirement in winning from the pocket. And his accuracy is way too inconsistent.
Amazing how much more accurate a QB can be with more talented WR.
And the best they could come up with for an OC was Mike Shula, who historically was in the bottom 3rd of points scored.
He's a jack hash, no doubt. But he's been incredibly productive considering the lack of talent and coaching.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cam could run, but never thought much of him as a passer. He was always throwing everything as hard as he could. Almost as if he thought that made him a good QB. Never seemed to improve at reading defenses, and just never seemed to get better at anything. Add to that his poor leadership, and I have just never been impressed.

Another guy i am glad was never a Ram.
Cant really disagree with a lot of this, basically is saying what I'm saying. Its a waste of his ability that he didn't have better coaching

Hobgoblin

Rookie

Why does everyone keep saying generational talent. He hasnt been a top 10 QB since 2013. He is an "okay" talent. He had a stud WR Steve Smith in his early days and thats probably when he was "good"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Amazing how much more accurate a QB can be with more talented WR.
And the best they could come up with for an OC was Mike Shula, who historically was in the bottom 3rd of points scored.
He's a jack hash, no doubt. But he's been incredibly productive considering the lack of talent and coaching.
Prob here is he's in year two with Norv Turner now. Norv isn't McVay, but he's very sound and has a deep understanding of how to use defensive rules against them. And under Norv (who was a great hire IMO) Cam hasn't really grown at all as a QB.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Why does everyone keep saying generational talent. He hasnt been a top 10 QB since 2013. He is an "okay" talent. He had a stud WR Steve Smith in his early days and thats probably when he was "good"
Yep Steve Smith, Greg Olson and DeAngelo Williams is a pretty good supporting cast not GSOT type talent but not too shabby

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant really disagree with a lot of this, basically is saying what I'm saying. Its a waste of his ability that he didn't have better coaching
I was actually coming at it more from the perspective of not being a fan of running QBs in general. It just seems like the guys that run when their first read isn't there, or things first start to get uncomfortable, never get away from that. McNabb is the only one I can really remember that started as a running QB, and ended up becoming a pocket QB.

I am not talking about pocket QBs who can run, such as Rogers, Wilson, etc. I am talking about the RG3s, Cams, etc. I just never see the constant progression I want to see out of a QB. It always seems like they peak year one, and peter out as DCs get a feel for what they do well and poorly.

Now, as an athlete, he is an absolute freak. I just don't really ever see that pan out in the Long Run at QB in the NFL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
you need to be able to win from the pocket.

This will always be the truth in the NFL. And with new rules even more so.

Throwing on the run is not the future.

The future belongs to sharpshooters.