Browns to sign LB Mychal Kendricks...or not

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/29/mychal-kendricks-moving-on-to-visit-raiders-browns/

Mychal Kendricks moving on to visit Raiders, Browns
Posted by Josh Alper on May 29, 2018

834131378-e1508801661753.jpg

Getty Images

Linebacker Mychal Kendricks‘ stay in Minnesota included dinner with his brother Eric and a visit with Eric’s team, but he isn’t signing with the Vikings before meeting at least one other team.

Kendricks told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Pressthat he is leaving Tuesday night for Oakland and a visit with the Raiders. He then plans to visit with the Browns before making a decision about where he’ll spend the 2018 season.

Kendricks told Tomasson that it would be a “dream come true” to play alongside his brother and that Eric is lobbying him to remain in the Twin Cities, but things haven’t progressed to a point where he’s considering an offer from someone higher up in the organization.

“He’s doing all that he can,” Kendricks said of his brother. “He’s let me know what the team’s all about. … But he knows in the end I’m going to make my decision based off the things that are presented to me.”

Kendricks had 77 tackles and two sacks for the Eagles in 2017 and has played all six of his NFL seasons in Philadelphia.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/03/browns-to-sign-mychal-kendricks/

Browns to sign Mychal Kendricks
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 3, 2018

834131378-e1508801661753.jpg

Getty Images

At a time when free agent signings have slowed to a trickle, the Browns are still bolstering their defense.

Free agent linebacker Mychal Kendricks will sign a one-year deal to play the 2018 season in Cleveland, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Kendricks had a busy week last week, visiting the Browns as well as the Vikings and Raiders. He was released by the Eagles the week before and immediately started drawing interest.

The 27-year-old Kendricks started 13 games for the Eagles last season. He has played his entire six-year career in Philadelphia.

Kendricks joins a deep linebacker corps that also includes Jamie Collins, Christian Kirksey, Joe Schobert, James Burgess and fifth-round rookie Genard Avery.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
:mrburns:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ks-denies-that-he-has-a-deal-with-the-browns/

Mychal Kendricks denies that he has a deal with the Browns
Posted by Mike Florio on June 3, 2018

Linebacker Mychal Kendricks has a deal in place with the Browns. Unless he doesn’t.

In response to a report from Ian Rapoport of NFL Media that Kendricks will sign a one-year deal in Cleveland, Kendricks told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the report is “not accurate.

Kendricks also responded to Rapoport on Twitter with this message: “I will never respect you.

Rapoport’s report was confirmed by Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Of course, it’s possible that Rapoport and Cabot simply have the same source, and that the source is saying something other than what Kendricks is saying.

Kendricks was cut by the Eagles last month. He has visited the Raiders, the Browns, and the Vikings, where his brother Eric currently plays.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Like I told my buddy who's a browns fan...the browns are stacking !!!

On paper they might be top 10 to 15 in the leauge based on talent.lets see if their coaches can put it together, in sure defense will be fine with Greg William's

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to be the first to Rappaport the news doesn't necessarily take the individuals of the story (or tweet these days)wishes to heart. It's become such a "be the first to report a small story" media effort as I have ever seen. I miss the days where reporters reported, the commentators commented, and the columnists wrote.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
need more details!

I was 20 special ops military and wanted others, it was on me, I was a jerk. Nice girl, that ended up just fine. Met my wife a few years later and been in a fox hole with her ever since, which will be 27 years come September.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So does he respect Ian Rapoport now? Maybe he wanted to tell his family and Rapoport broke it before Kendricks could tell someone he cared about...I'm betting that is the scenario.
Meh what Rappaport and others do is all the same. They hear things are in the final stages of negotiations and they jump the gun. Players and agents get upset because this signals other teams that they lost and cut off negotiations.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Players and agents get upset because this signals other teams that they lost and cut off negotiations.

Can't have it both ways, anyways good signing for the Browns and I hope they win a few, there fans deserve it.