Browns sign RG3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If your qb situation isnt settled come draft day, and you have a chance to take who you think could be your franchise qb in the draft, then you draft that qb. Plain and simple.
Very true but the million dollar question that's being debated here is does this settle the QB debate for Hue Jackson? We don't know and anybody who says they do is either Hue masquerading as a Rams fan or just plain full of it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Very true but the million dollar question that's being debated here is does this settle the QB debate for Hue Jackson? We don't know and anybody who says they do is either Hue masquerading as a Rams fan or just plain full of it.

Yeah, but... Do you think RGme changes their strategy at #2?

I don't.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I don't.
I think it gives them more options. Before bringing in Griffin they had only one option IMO. I'm not saying they won't draft QB at #2 now, but they could go a different direction having Griffin in their back pocket.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it gives them more options. Before bringing in Griffin they had only one option IMO. I'm not saying they won't draft QB at #2 now, but they could go a different direction having Griffin in their back pocket.

I push all my chips they go QB. But I hear ya. (y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't.
Honestly I think it comes down to two things.

1) How does Hue feel about the overall talent level of the roster? Is it as void of talent as we all think it is?

2) How long does he think he has to turn the team around? That owner hasn't shown a whole lot of patience but recent coaches really haven't gotten a lot out of that team. If IMO Hue thinks he can survive through the 2 years of RG3's contract and significantly improve the overall talent level and play on the field of the team I say he doesn't take a QB this year at least not in the first couple rounds. Build up the roster and see exactly what you can do with a recent #2 overall pick. Remember Hue made Jason Campbell look damned good for a year or so as the starter in Oakland. If things aren't working out after the first year then I can see Hue take a QB next year with their 1st pick. But if he turns RG3 around and it's his rookie year all over again there's no need.

I think #2 is the most important, how confident is Hue in his QB whisperer skills.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I push all my chips they go QB. But I hear ya. (y)
I mentioned somewhere else that even if i was GM for San Diego or Dallas that i'd be seriously considering drafting Wentz/Goff.

Rivers #4 overall
Dallas got lucky finding Romo

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

of course you don't know if you're drafting your franchise qb until he produces on the field, but that unknown doesn't change my point.

If he doesn't work out, and your developmental/backup guy isn't either, then your qb situation is still unsettled and you will have to address the qb position again in FA and maybe again in the next draft until you get your guy.

So, until the Browns know they have their guy, they shouldn't pass on someone they think could be their franchise qb just because they added rgIII. And with the Browns qb history, I would think they'd want to do whatever they can to finally settle who that will be. Adding Wentz and rgIII would probably be the best off season moves to accomplish that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm curious to see what they paid for him.
2 years at 15 mil.....$6.75 this year ($3.5 sign on bonus)

* IF the Cowboys will trade out of #4! ( IF Wentz is their, they will grab him!)
Maybe....but either picks 1,2, or 4 are available IMO.

For all those who are hot to trade up to grab a QB there's something important to remember. Your odds of drafting a guy in the first round who turns out to be a "franchise" quarterback is only about 50/50.
50-50 is pretty damn good. I'd take that everyday, twice on Sunday's

the million dollar question that's being debated here is does this settle the QB debate for Hue Jackson? We don't know and anybody who says they do is either Hue masquerading as a Rams fan or just plain full of it.
That is the question...And Hue's playing the game brilliantly...Sorta like a bunch of guys in here recommend, throw all your capital at the QB position to get it fixed...FIRST!!!! When I saw Hue at Wentz's pro-day, then an hour later signed RGIII, I immediately thought of @jrry32 ...really a brash and bold move.....If he stays put, and drafts Wentz/Goff and fixes RGIII...that's the key, if he fixes RGIII, he could possibly trade the #2 pick for a small ransom in 3 years....

Must give it up to @Mojo Ram ...excellent points/posts. If Wentz/Goff can be Boras guy, please go get him. Gurley will help ANY QB. Rebuilt line too. We're ready to start a talented rookie... @Ram Man as well....I too think you can possibly find a 2nd round QB...just the odds aren't as good...and you get to keep most of your picks....which is really how you build a solid team.....I'd really work out those 2nd tier QB's....esp. Lynch....and if I saw something there, I'd pull the trigger.....move up to get one of them...late first, early second.....

we really need to stop playing around with the most important position on the field....Draft a 1st or 2nd round QB.....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wentz just killed it at his pro-day and the only HC there to watch was Hue Jackson
You don't pass up getting who you think is the next Aaron Rodgers because you need a new center

Well, in all fairness, a bunch of guys got snowed out of Fargo including Snead and Fisher... That storm kept a bunch of people out...