Brian Quick Has Emerged

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
hard to give love to a unit that gives up 34. not pinning that on mr donald, just sayin, hard to give out back pats today.

Defense didn't give up all 34 points. 7 came from a pick six and another td or two came from the d being hung out to dry by the offense. Just sayin

Rams4life

Nothing was pretty about this game, even the good.....

But Gaines flashed and damn if Quick didn't look very good.

He was a big force and yes, that "penalty" is still BS to me. I say he finished with about 125 yards, though the stat book won't tell you that.

Unfortunately.....we may not have a QB to get him the ball consistently now.

*Still can't wait for Quick/Bailey combo*

Bailey? No thanks. Fisher can take that guy with him. The team needs players they can count on. Bailey is a bonehead.

AZRamsFan93

He was definitely a bright spot in the game.

We're probably better of at WR than we have been in a while. Unfortunately, our OL can't block and we are using 2nd and 3rd string QB's.
How bad is Greg Robinson if he can't break into that line?

V3

Hall of Fame
I do have to wonder if GRob isn't playing next week over Joseph(move Saffold back). I thought Joseph was pretty bad today.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I don't think they actually expected the line to be that bad. If it's that bad again next week, I suspect we'll see GRob sooner rather than later.

He is raw though, and just as others counseled patience on Quick, I would also counsel patience on Robinson.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Quick looks like a legit receiver now, and he's got a little swagger. I agree, when Bailey comes back, everything's gonna click. The challenge now is to find a QB who's going to be able to take advantage of the situation. Hill started out fine, but he's not smart with the ball under pressure. And Austin Davis, despite my eternal optimism about this team, just never ever impressed me. I need to see Keenum soon.
Keenum needs a shot if next man up stinks next week.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I was one that didn't believe in Quick. I admit he's looking like a legit WR. I don't want to jump the gun but he looked good today and in preseason. My only concern is how long it took. IMO, top picks shouldn't take 3 years to get production out of. By the time they start showing production, it's about time for a new contract. You need early production out of top picks while they're cheap if you want to get over the hump. The salary cap makes it imperative to have multiple first contract players performing well to go along with your high priced vets that are already performing. The reason I bring it up is due to how long it's taking for several other top picks to perform. This regime seems to not care about how long it takes for top picks to perform and it has me worried. I guess it doesn't matter too much with this team, though. We still have some big holes.
When he was drafted the Rams knew it was going to take time. I looked at it this way. When he was a rookie he really was a junior in college as far as experience. He need a couple years of coaching and experience before he as even ready for the NFL. I figured he would come around in either his 3 or 4 year. I really did not like people calling him a bust when he was not a bust. He just need the coaching and experience he did not get in college.

AZRamsFan93

I don't think they actually expected the line to be that bad. If it's that bad again next week, I suspect we'll see GRob sooner rather than later.

He is raw though, and just as others counseled patience on Quick, I would also counsel patience on Robinson.
I have been saying - ok, maybe mostly on that "other board" - that being the youngest team in the league is NOT a good thing. Name me any other business that would be proud of having the least experienced workforce.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Sorry but a #2 overall pick has to start day one and produce. Grob was too raw supposedly to play T he has to start and produce or not be the pick at #2 overall.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have been saying - ok, maybe mostly on that "other board" - that being the youngest team in the league is NOT a good thing. Name me any other business that would be proud of having the least experienced workforce.

Well being one of the oldest doesn't help much either. See the 2011 season.

Youth itself isn't why we lost today. It did contribute to a few stupid penalties, but the fact that an OL starting all veterans got manhandled had far more to do with it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sorry but a #2 overall pick has to start day one and produce. Grob was too raw supposedly to play T he has to start and produce or not be the pick at #2 overall.

We'll agree to disagree.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Freeman is awful. Legitimately terrible. I'd take Austin Davis over the guy.
ahh, keep the spirit, I'll get u turned around....We need a cannon arm back there for Britt & Quick.....Probably Cook & Bailey too...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Everybody but you still man, Freeman would have a starting job if he was as good as you think he is,'splain that,the whole league says you wrong
sorta like the "league" saying Hills still an NFL caliber QB....Or the Snisher saying Davis is a competent backup.

AZRamsFan93

Youth itself isn't why we lost today. It did contribute to a few stupid penalties, but the fact that an OL starting all veterans got manhandled had far more to do with it.
A great mix of youthful talent and veteran leadership would be preferred.

AZRamsFan93

That's odd, because I have read all offseason about the offensive line will be one of the strengths of this team...

jjab360

Legend
Bailey? No thanks. Fisher can take that guy with him. The team needs players they can count on. Bailey is a bonehead.
One suspension makes a player a bonehead? :confused: Give me a break, Bailey is a good kid, he's gonna be fine.

RamBill

Legend

Rams' Quick has career game vs. Vikings

By Nate Latsch

http://stl.scout.com/story/1443460-rams-quick-has-career-game-vs-vikings

ST. LOUIS — There weren’t many bright spots for the Rams in their 34-6 season-opening loss to the visiting Vikings on Sunday, but wide receiver Brian Quick’s career game was certainly one of them.
Quick led the Rams with seven catches for 99 yards, both career highs, but it turned out to be bittersweet for the third-year wideout because of the disappointing final result.

“We lost and that’s not good,” Quick said. “We’re a team and my yards and individual effort doesn’t matter after that, after a loss, but I’m going come out and give them all and I’m going come and practice and get better for next week.”

The Rams will be hoping to see more similar performances from the Appalachian State product this season. Quick’s strong game on Sunday was the kind of impact many have been waiting for.

The 25 year old was a second-round draft pick (No. 33 overall) back in 2012, the first draft for the Jeff Fisher/Les Snead regime, but until Sunday had failed to make much of a mark during his NFL career.

The 6-foot-3, 218-pounder had 11 catches for 156 yards and two touchdowns as a rookie in 2012 and then had 18 receptions for 302 yards and two touchdowns a year ago.

Before Sunday’s breakout game, Quick’s career best efforts were three catches against the 49ers on Dec. 1, 2013, and 97 yards receiving (on two catches) against the Panthers on Oct. 20, 2013 — the game that quarterback Sam Bradford suffered his season-ending ACL injury.

Quick earned praise from Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer for his improved play during OTAs.

“I’ll tell you what, probably the most improved player I’ve seen is Brian Quick,” Schottenheimer said then. “He’s doing a great job. Another guy that we’re giving an opportunity to. He’s competing for playing time. He’s made the most of his opportunities. He started today. Again, just moving guys around, in and out of the lineup, trying to create competition and he’s stepped up and again — like Kenny (Britt) — and made a lot of big plays for us.”

When told of Schottenheimer’s commendation, Quick said he was honored to see his work get noticed. He said he felt more comfortable with the offense and that, because he wasn’t thinking on the field, he could play faster and be more physical.

He had high expectations for his third season.

“Man, I’m going to go out there and I’m going to try to kill it,” Quick said during OTAs. “Make sure we go to the playoffs. Whatever we have to do, whatever I have to do, I’m going to give it my all. That’s my goal, just put it all on the field and give it all. Lay it all on the line for the coaches, especially for Coach Fish, and Les Snead. Just make sure everything is crisp and make sure they have confidence in me to go out there.”

Quick’s strong play continued during training camp and the preseason. He had a 41-yard catch in the second preseason game against the Packers and then caught four passes for 47 yards and a touchdown against Cleveland the next week.

But for all his success during OTAs, training camp and the preseason, there were still questions about whether Quick would be able to step up and contribute when the games began to count during the regular season.

On Sunday, Quick showed that he is indeed making progress.

“I just have to build on today and get better, for my team,” Quick said. “We have to get a win next week and I’m going to come to practice this week and I’m going to work and I’m going to do whatever I can.”

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Surely you know of a better way to communicate that. Do you know what Bailey did? Is the team stronger without him (addition by subtraction)? Do you feel the same way about Jenkins and Givens, who had their own bonehead moments a couple of years ago?

Up your game here, please.

Rams4life

One suspension makes a player a bonehead? :confused: Give me a break, Bailey is a good kid, he's gonna be fine.

Yeah pretty much. A good kid? Yeah until there is another party when they are passing the blunt around. He had a chance to be a starter. How i don't know but to do that when u can start. He won't even see the field when he comes back unless it's special teams. U want to put all your eggs in the basket for a guy that didn't play last year till week nine. U give me a break.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah pretty much. A good kid? Yeah until there is another party when they are passing the blunt around. He had a chance to be a starter. How i don't know but to do that when u can start. He won't even see the field when he comes back unless it's special teams. U want to put all your eggs in the basket for a guy that didn't play last year till week nine. U give me a break.
Wow, you just have no clue what you're talking about, do you? For one, Bailey was suspended for PEDs not marijuana. And how is anyone putting all their eggs in one basket in this case? And why does it matter when he started playing if he was the best receiver on the field when he did play? Do some research man, Bailey is the least of our problems right now.