Breaking down the Rams day two draft selections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade the Rams draft so far

• Total voters

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No, it's not.
When Rodgers does a roll out after play action....as the receiver gets deep...what's the difference in the ground covered between a 4.6 and a 4.5? I'm sure counselor it has to be a foot or so....and football is a game of inches.

If anyone can tell me why Antonio Brown & Jerry Rice are just regular 4.6 guys, I'm ready to listen. You are comparing two of the hardest working guys the NFL has ever seen to rookies. Walter Payton was another average RB with an incredible workout ethic. These guys are NOT the norm...

It's easier to select an above average athlete and coach them...than select the lower tier athlete and assume they will become similar to guys like Jordy, Jerry, or Antonio. JMO

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You mean like asking WRs to do the bench press? That literally...LITERALLY means nothing for WRs.
Overall strength has something to do with durability. Upper body strength helps with contested passes or runs after the catch. Strong arms and shoulders helps with a receivers releases at the LOS. You guys are getting silly.

There is no way the bench press is useless....physical training has taken the game where it is today. Typically the guys that are better trained are better, more disciplined athletes. And less injury prone.

You test all that with benching.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Overall strength has something to do with durability. Upper body strength helps with contested passes or runs after the catch. Strong arms and shoulders helps with a receivers releases at the LOS. You guys are getting silly.

There is no way the bench press is useless....physical training has taken the game where it is today. Typically the guys that are better trained are better, more disciplined athletes. And less injury prone.

You test all that with benching.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

(y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Rodgers does a roll out after play action....as the receiver gets deep...what's the difference in the ground covered between a 4.6 and a 4.5? I'm sure counselor it has to be a foot or so....and football is a game of inches.

If the difference between a star and a bust were 0.1 seconds, players like Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall, Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, Willie Snead, Rishard Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. wouldn't be successful pro WRs.

If anyone can tell me why Antonio Brown & Jerry Rice are just regular 4.6 guys, I'm ready to listen. You are comparing two of the hardest working guys the NFL has ever seen to rookies. Walter Payton was another average RB with an incredible workout ethic. These guys are NOT the norm...

Nobody is calling them "regular" anything. The thing is that people like myself and @Mackeyser see the same traits in Kupp that you see in the guys who overcame a lack of straight-line speed. You don't become more skilled than a significant chunk of the WRs in the NFL while at a school like Eastern Washington unless you have otherworldly work and film habits.

I know people haven't forgotten Wes Welker. That man didn't succeed because of his athleticism. That man succeeded for the same reasons that Kupp will succeed. He was more skilled, prepared, and intelligent than just about every player he matched up against. Welker was a guy who made prime Darrelle Revis look bad.

It's easier to select an above average athlete and coach them...than select the lower tier athlete and assume they will become similar to guys like Jordy, Jerry, or Antonio. JMO

Thing is that Kupp isn't your average "lower tier" athlete. He's a guy who has the same traits you see in the successful "lower tier" athletes.