Brandon Washington hopes to seize opportunity/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets hope he seizes the opportunity to not suck. I think we'll be better served by the rookies and Reynolds at Guard depth. Even with Jones and Rhaney each being able to fill in there. He needs to show something or he'll see his way off the roster come cut down day.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I rewatched the game. Seemed like his biggest problem was protecting an area instead of staying engaged. "Here, let me push you really hard over to this spot over here where you just might have a better angle to get to my quarterback."

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
In other words he was allowing rushers to go around him but not through him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to see him seize Babe Laufenberg's neck.
That would be special.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With this constant turnstile of lousy guards its a darned shame there isnt a free agent all pro guard like Mathis available.

Oh, wait a second

fearsomefour

Legend
A Miami native and University of Miami product, Washington was drafted by Philadelphia in the sixth round of the 2012 draft and released at the end of camp. He’s been with the Rams since then, spending most of the time on the practice squad.
He was drafted in 2012. The article says he is 27. So he was drafted at 24?
Anyway, Bonifay sort of hit on it I think. At 6' 2" and 318 lbs he is good sized and athletic G prospect. I think this is what t he coaches like. He can move well for the position. Of course none of that matters if he can't hold his position. As I have said before I like Washington at T last preseason where he played pretty well....but, his size works against him at T and the team doesn't seem to have much interest.
I would love to see Washington do well this week because it would be of great benefit to the Rams to have a reliable G back up besides Reynolds. With 8 O line spots spoken for that 9th spot is going to be tough. Washington has certainly put in his time and the Rams keep giving him chances....I for one hope we see a different guy on Sunday.

fearsomefour

Legend
Reynolds in my opinion has his role and is valuable in that role. A versatile guy who is solid. But, I agree, if he was to start 16 games for a team that would not be ideal.
This week will go a long way to sorting it out I think. I am pulling for Washington as he has put in his time and he could certainly help the team if he could put it together. But, I certainly have my doubts as to whether he or Jones can really be on the field.
Barnes and Rhaney certainly seem to be better than Jones at this week judging by week one at C.
Assuming Barnes is the starter at C the interior line depth is between Jones, Rhaney, Washington, Reynolds, the Fresno St kid....Reynolds and one of the other Cs stay for sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I would just walk straight into a hole in the ground and die if I EVER got the chance to see Brandon Washington choking out Babe Laufenberg while singing Sonny & Cher. Because after that, I would have officially seen everything. No point in going on any longer. lol.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fair enough.
When I say "versatile" I am saying he can play more than one position....as he has play G and T. That does not mean I think he is great at either. He looked solid at RG vs. Oakland however.
I am thinking of him sort of along the lines of Adam Goldberg....a guy who could move around some but was a back up player.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Please put Donnal in there instead of Washington, Fisher. I don't care that it's starting three rookies on our line; it's better than seeing Foles get murdered.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Please put Donnal in there instead of Washington, Fisher. I don't care that it's starting three rookies on our line; it's better than seeing Foles get murdered.
Thing is Donnal looked awful and that was against lesser talent.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm thinking this site is supposed to be about rooting for the guys we put on the field and not bitch a bout a guy thrown in there unexpectedly last week before they even hit the field this week. Was he having problems last week sure, did he do enough to impress this week against the cowgirls? Apparently the coaches who are there everyday must think he has something.

Let's root for the guy to kick some ass this week and make the team stronger.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Can't stomach to watch that game again. What did you think about his run blocking?
By rewatching the game...I meant..didn't make past 2nd quarter.....I sometimes exaggerate. The play that sticks out is when he threw his guy to the outside or GRob and ended up screening himself out of engagement. Gave up a sack. At least he showed strength and leverage...???.....

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm thinking this site is supposed to be about rooting for the guys we put on the field and not bitch a bout a guy thrown in there unexpectedly last week before they even hit the field this week. Was he having problems last week sure, did he do enough to impress this week against the cowgirls? Apparently the coaches who are there everyday must think he has something.

Let's root for the guy to kick some ass this week and make the team stronger.

I always thought that one could do both.
Bitch about and root for a guy.