Bradford WILL Lead Us to the Promised Land

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Igad - I don't wanna see the pictures that may follow that post.
You don't remember Madden calling Jeff Zgonina "Cankles", because his calves went right into his shoe? lol.

zgon10.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You don't remember Madden calling Jeff Zgonina "Cankles", because his calves went right into his shoe? lol.

zgon10.jpg
Yeah I can deal with that and I remember it now. I feared Krispy Cream-esq follow ups.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Laughable Max.

You wonder why people question you when you talk in absolutes.

Laugh all you want. I wish that would make Sam more durable.

But I listen to everyone. Gil Brandt, Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah, Peter King, Fran Tarkenton, Mike Sando, Greg Cosell, Drew Boyhart, etc...

And they all say Sam is injury prone.

Does that mean I want to replace Bradford with a first round pick QB? No way. It means that I give him this year to do well and not get hurt again. Because if Sam goes down again this year, then you can't count on him and we will then need a new QB.

And I'll tell what makes me laugh. Posters who say we don't need to draft an OT high in the first round. Now that's laughable.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well I get a chuckle out of people who say we don't need a tackle AND that Sam is injury prone,cuz IMO the Rams are prone to getting the QB injured Sam or whoever,but it's not uncommon for QB's who get drafted first overall to get pounded cuz they usually go to teams that struggle and their is a correlation to injury there.
I'd like to see some metrics on games lost by all QB's due to injury so we could quit arguing over this point.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I really don't believe Sam is injury prone BUT every time hr takes a hit I cringe, just like I did every time bulger threw the ball I thought it was an int.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
We gave up on Warner because of injury and ended up with Bulger. Was that the right decision? Bradford is not a running QB or anything so he shouldn't be any more likely to be injured than any other QB. He has had two injuries as a Ram that kept him out of games so he is injury prone? No. An example of injury prone would be Michael Vick. o_O

Please, just stop.

How can you compare the Bradford situation to what happened with Kurt Warner? At this point the only thing they have in common is that they play(ed) the same position.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Disagree that thinking Bradford isn't injury prone automatically makes one biased.

It is a meme widely propagated, but typically by people who don't know, for instance, that 2011 the Rams had the most injured offense of the DECADE. Even big ankled humans (Oprah Winfrey?) might have been IRed.

He tore his ACL on a freak play running out of bounds, not sure what that has to do with big bones, nothing I would guess. If we surround him with a better OL, this increases the chance he stays healthy, this isn't genetic algorithms.

Agreed.

The less Bradford has to move around back there the better his chances to make it through the year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Laugh all you want. I wish that would make Sam more durable.

But I listen to everyone. Gil Brandt, Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah, Peter King, Fran Tarkenton, Mike Sando, Greg Cosell, Drew Boyhart, etc...

And they all say Sam is injury prone.

Does that mean I want to replace Bradford with a first round pick QB? No way. It means that I give him this year to do well and not get hurt again. Because if Sam goes down again this year, then you can't count on him and we will then need a new QB.

And I'll tell what makes me laugh. Posters who say we don't need to draft an OT high in the first round. Now that's laughable.
No, they don't all say that Sam is injury prone.
I just got done researching that claim you just made, with relative keywords, a year out, and I came up empty.
Maybe it's just Boylhart who says it, and now you think everyone does?

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Romo IR, Rodgers IR, Locker IR, Kolb IR, Hoyer IR, Sanchez IR. I could go on, point is in the NFL everyone gets injured. QB's included.

tonyl711

Starter
he gets his ankle rolled up on, then gets pushed out of bounds where he slides at a bad angle, and he is injury prone? how many were so sure he was damaged goods, that his shoulder injury in college would surely flare up? well hasn't happened, what has happened is 2 very common injury's that happen to scores of players every year. he is about as injury prone as any other player in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the Rams were a decent team in 2011, Sam probably plays all season on that ankle.

Anyone who watches enough of the Rams and Sam Bradford knows we can win with him. We finally have a team around him.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Max- I don't see how freak injuries are injury prone. Say what you like but I think you are in the minority. On this board anyway.
Had Sam not got rolled up on in week 7, this thread wouldn't exist. Anyone can blow an ACL in much less harmless ways.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Every unbiased person sees Sam as an injury risk.??????

Every player is at risk for injury . .. and only biased people think they are unbiased, or "realistic".

I agree he has the ability, build the O line, build the passing D and anything is possible, if only we could move to the AFC it would be soooo much easier.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Amendola's a tough one to label. That could go either way depending on what one's definition of "injury prone" really is. He's had the elbow, ankle, shoulder, foot, concussion and now groin. Since none of them are duplicate injuries, I can see how one would say he's not as prone as say, Alexander, who was constantly out with the same exact injury. Hence, he was 'prone' to reinjure it. But Amendola has missed a lot of time, successively, over the course of his career after 2010. He's also kinda small though and is reckless to a fault relative to his style of play.

But Bradford? Nah. He's not any more prone to injury than any other QB in the league.

OhioRam

Rookie
Max get's this from people who think like this over at the Herd Board, Max has always been back and forth on Bradford.
There are a group of people who just don't like Sam and never wanted him drafted he was not there kind of guy

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Romo IR, Rodgers IR, Locker IR, Kolb IR, Hoyer IR, Sanchez IR. I could go on, point is in the NFL everyone gets injured. QB's included.

Excellent point. Every team deals with injuries and it's pretty uncommon if a team loses no impact players all year. It's just magnified when it's the QB, LT, RT, ETC.

Quality depth is key. That's why the Rams are looking strongly at QB's after round 1. An upgrade is needed at #2 QB but we still need Clemens if a guy like McCarron isn't ready. No biggie...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Please, just stop.

How can you compare the Bradford situation to what happened with Kurt Warner? At this point the only thing they have in common is that they play(ed) the same position.

Obviously no two situations are the same but if we dropped Bradford because of injury, it would follow along the same lines as dropping Warner because of injury. It's the mentality that if a player is not giving you output in that moment, then replace them. Warner is clearly the better QB here, but Bradford is a grade above any other option. Plus, it's not like he is throwing to Holt or Bruce. He is playing with a relatively weak supporting cast at WR so you could expect that he wouldn't have elite caliber QB ratings.