Bradford WILL Lead Us to the Promised Land

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
(Barring health, of course)

I beleive in our QB. We've seen glimpses of what he can do with stability which has been drastically lacking over the years. When Brandon Gibson and Ammendola are your main receivers over a 4 year span, you got big issues on your offense. Sam made those guys better than what they were. What have they done on other teams? Less than they've done in STL, for sure.

For some this may come to as a shock but Sam is one of few players that's been ahead of the game the last couple years and our team is finally starting to catch up. With some upgrades in the trenches here and there, we are looking at a very balanced attack next year. It took us five weeks into 13 to realize who was gonna replace Jackson, very valuable time lost. So our running game is looking really solid.

Our early

(I wasn't near finished but my phone cut out and this is all I could share... so pissed.). :(

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I see no reason he can't. Like any other QB, he'll need help by our offense and our defense to put him in some decent positions a few times a game. But hell yes - I'm game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see no reason he can't. Like any other QB, he'll need help by our offense and our defense to put him in some decent positions a few times a game. But hell yes - I'm game.

Our young guys need to catch up to his level of play. It wasn't going to happen with a running game early. Way too much adversity for this group. With experience, adversity will be easier to overcome.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Barring health is a big concern.

I'm not confident that Sam can stay healthy for more than one season in a row. As Boyhart said, Sam isn't nimble and he doesn't have thick bones, so the injuries are very possible.

PhxRam

Barring health is a big concern.

I'm not confident that Sam can stay healthy for more than one season in a row. As Boyhart said, Sam isn't nimble and he doesn't have thick bones, so the injuries are very possible.

injury is possible for every player. Is it not?

There is nothing to me that suggests Sam is injury prone.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

The only people that agree with you are a subset of Rams fans.

Every unbiased person sees Sam as an injury risk.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Nor thin boned. He's put on some muscle but I'm not so sure about the thin boned thing. He hasn't broken bones, he's had some ligament issues but not enough for me to call him injury prone. I do think he needs someone to work with him on how he goes down. I remember Gruden talking about it with him before the draft. But really - the injuries he's had while a pro are things that happen. The last thing I want is for him to start going fetal because he doesn't want to get injured. He'll be fine.

PhxRam

Laughable Max.

You wonder why people question you when you talk in absolutes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Really? Come on man. There's a lot of hedging out there but a QB is always at risk of injury. He took some pretty serious hits in '12 and played the whole season. Let's not get carried away.

PhxRam

Really? Come on man. There's a lot of hedging out there but a QB is always at risk of injury. He took some pretty serious hits in '12 and played the whole season. Let's not get carried away.

It is a weak ass attempt at best to get a rise out of people.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It is a weak ass attempt at best to get a rise out of people.
I know. It just kind of pisses me off. And I'm not a Bradford guy. I'm a TEAM guy. I'm ok with it though. There are a lot of views on what constitutes injury prone or whatnot. It's bullshit - but whatevah.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No one doubts we need an upgrade at back up QB. ;)

Sam is part of the solution.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No one doubts we need an upgrade at back up QB. ;)

Sam is part of the solution.
Yeah - I've said that too. I just don't think we need to draft a replacement right now. It is always a great investment if you look at how teams will trade for a potential starting QB that is now holding a clipboard. And if there is some sort of injury, you have a guy who can potentially step in. POTENTIALLY.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

Every unbiased person sees Sam as an injury risk

We gave up on Warner because of injury and ended up with Bulger. Was that the right decision? Bradford is not a running QB or anything so he shouldn't be any more likely to be injured than any other QB. He has had two injuries as a Ram that kept him out of games so he is injury prone? No. An example of injury prone would be Michael Vick. o_O

Ramifications

Disagree that thinking Bradford isn't injury prone automatically makes one biased.

It is a meme widely propagated, but typically by people who don't know, for instance, that 2011 the Rams had the most injured offense of the DECADE. Even big ankled humans (Oprah Winfrey?) might have been IRed.

He tore his ACL on a freak play running out of bounds, not sure what that has to do with big bones, nothing I would guess. If we surround him with a better OL, this increases the chance he stays healthy, this isn't genetic algorithms.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It is a meme widely propagated, but typically by people who don't know, for instance, that 2011 the Rams had the most injured offense of the DECADE. Even big ankled humans (Oprah Winfrey?) might have been IRed.
Disagree. Zgonina would have made it through that season healthier than he entered it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah - I've said that too. I just don't think we need to draft a replacement right now. It is always a great investment if you look at how teams will trade for a potential starting QB that is now holding a clipboard. And if there is some sort of injury, you have a guy who can potentially step in. POTENTIALLY.

Yeah, man. Just someone who can develope into a more capable player than Clemens. I'd like to see Clemens in horns again, too. Team player, knows his role, and geat mentor. We need 3 QB's this year.