Bradford "update(s)"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well obviously they're concerened. Suddenly I just got into depressed mode.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9855679/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-suffers-knee-injury-loss-carolina-panthers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98556 ... a-panthers</a>

From ESPN:

"I don't have any information on Sam right now," Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. "We've done X-rays, we'll do an MRI tonight after we land."

Bradford suffered the injury as he scrambled toward the sideline on a second-down play with 5:27 to play. Carolina safety Mike Mitchell converged on Bradford before he stepped out of bounds, but Bradford landed awkwardly on the knee as he fell to the ground.

Fisher spoke to Bradford after the game but didn't want to speculate on the nature of the injury before further testing.

"I'm not going to deal with hypotheticals right now until I find out what really is going on with him," Fisher said. "It makes no sense to rush to a conclusion until we know. We'll get a medical and then we'll go from there. He was in significant pain on the sideline."

Bradford was on crutches with the knee in a large, black ankle-to-thigh brace as he left the locker room. According to Fisher, all of his quarterbacks are required to wear a brace on the left knee anytime the team is wearing pads.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
According to Fisher, all of his quarterbacks are required to wear a brace on the left knee anytime the team is wearing pads.
That doesn't even make sense.

When have we seen Clemens in a full leg brace?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
According to Fisher, all of his quarterbacks are required to wear a brace on the left knee anytime the team is wearing pads.

I think words got mixed up. He's saying they wear braces on the field...the brace/cast is definitely not mandatory.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ok I'm not whining about the hit..But but but..didn't I read something last week about cannot hit the QB when he's running out of bounds?

Should it have applied here seeing how SB was running sideways clearly trying to get out of bounds?

fearsomefour

Legend
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Bradford plays with a brace. I think he is saying left knee because when standing in the pocket and delivering the ball the left knee will go straight and there is injury risk of someone rolling into the left knee.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
EastRam said:
Ok I'm not whining about the hit..But but but..didn't I read something last week about cannot hit the QB when he's running out of bounds?

Should it have applied here seeing how SB was running sideways clearly trying to get out of bounds?
It wasn't even a "hit." He put his hands on Bradford's back as Sam's momentum out of bounds was already established. Clean play. Nothing malicious....except the celebration.

Just one of those freak injuries. :boohoo:

A55VA6

Legend
Mojo Ram said:
EastRam said:

It wasn't even a "hit." He put his hands on Bradford's back as Sam's momentum out of bounds was already established. Clean play. Nothing malicious....except the celebration.

Yeah, it was just the way Sams foot/leg anded on the ground. Can't really do anything to change that.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Mojo Ram said:
EastRam said:

No it was clean fer sure. At least in my eyes.

I'm just referring to what was written earlier in the week about not engaging the QB if he's headed out of bounds.

There was a USLC call for the Washington team last week when the D player pushed RGme out of bounds when he was heading out of bounds.

So my point is..Whats the difference? Where and when is the rule applied?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:
It looked like a torn patellar to me.

I agree w/ Dr. jrry's diagnosis.
How long will he be out?

A friend of mine who was a collegiate level basket ball player tore his patellar in a car accident (slammed it against the dashboard) and he was out for a year - and he was never the same again. Medicine has gotten better in the last decade but the patellar is more complicated than an ACL/MCL because of its interaction with the knee cap (i.e., moving parts).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
OnceARam said:
Stranger said:
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:

How long will he be out?

A friend of mine who was a collegiate level basket ball player tore his patellar in a car accident (slammed it against the dashboard) and he was out for a year - and he was never the same again. Medicine has gotten better in the last decade but the patellar is more complicated than an ACL/MCL because of its interaction with the knee cap (i.e., moving parts).

Good thing Sam isn't a runner!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
OnceARam said:
Stranger said:
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:

How long will he be out?

Good thing Sam isn't a runner!

Definitely. Not on the level of the RG3 injury.

iced

EastRam said:

I'm just referring to what was written earlier in the week about not engaging the QB if he's headed out of bounds.

There was a USLC call for the Washington team last week when the D player pushed RGme out of bounds when he was heading out of bounds.

this is exactly why i was annoyed by the hit and keep repeating it should be a flag

i heard the announcers say the same thing, but people want to argue how it was a legal hit - uhh no, qb's have their own unique set of rules...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
iced said:
EastRam said:

this is exactly why i was annoyed by the hit and keep repeating it should be a flag

i heard the announcers say the same thing, but people want to argue how it was a legal hit - uhh no, qb's have their own unique set of rules...

I couldn't tell from the replay whether any weight from the DB was transferred to Bradford (causing the injury) or whether it was just a total freak accident.

As a former defensive player I can't argue that it was a late hit or illegal though.

iced

OnceARam said:
iced said:
EastRam said:

I couldn't tell from the replay whether any weight from the DB was transferred to Bradford (causing the injury) or whether it was just a total freak accident.

As a former defensive player I can't argue that it was a late hit or illegal though.

I could tell he put some weight - maybe not enough to 'cause' the injury, but then again bradford stays upright if untouched.

I just want some consistent calling - if the rule is they're on the way out of bounds and you can't hit them, call it for all qb's.. not just the 'headliners'