Bradford informed of Manziel smokescreen BEFORE it started

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm so confused.
Sup with the palm trees? Are you in Florida? If so, are you going to the MIA/STL game on your birthday?
Does it sound like I'm stalking you right now?

I just want you to love me....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One way to out think them is to make them think you think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think. Whaddya think?

PhxRam

Sup with the palm trees? Are you in Florida? If so, are you going to the MIA/STL game on your birthday?

You need to be in Florida to have Palm trees?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I always said that one of these times you need to follow through on your bluff
Maybe next year the Rams go dark. Not a peep out of Rams park. Drive the other teams crazy. No information is misinformation.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
the thing about these "smokescreens", they are for the media to drive, which they ALWAYS do. These "experts" are so anxious to bite on every crumb of (mis)information, they don't even try to crosscheck facts, or actually take the time to put two and two together. They just want to be the guy who reports its first. Then its like a runaway freight train.

The thing is, to honestly believe that these other GMs and organizations are as gullible as the media and the fanatical "fans" that buy into all of this is rather naĂŻve. While admitting no one really knows what Houston will do with the first pick, I guarantee the Rams and the rest of the league has a pretty good idea what the 2 or 3 options are, and are prepared for each. There aren't really that many "surprises".

This whole Manziel thing was nothing more than opportunity. They were in College Station to scout J. Matthews and M. Evans, and oh btw, there is another pretty good player here, so lets "scout" him too while we are here. .....and the feeding frenzy ensues. But where was any report that could directly attribute any comments coming out of Rams Park? the closest thing to a commentary from them was NOT dispelling the rumors until Tues and Wed at the formal press conference and Pre-draft event for season ticket holders.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
the thing about these "smokescreens", they are for the media to drive, which they ALWAYS do. These "experts" are so anxious to bite on every crumb of (mis)information, they don't even try to crosscheck facts, or actually take the time to put two and two together. They just want to be the guy who reports its first. Then its like a runaway freight train.

The thing is, to honestly believe that these other GMs and organizations are as gullible as the media and the fanatical "fans" that buy into all of this is rather naĂŻve. While admitting no one really knows what Houston will do with the first pick, I guarantee the Rams and the rest of the league has a pretty good idea what the 2 or 3 options are, and are prepared for each. There aren't really that many "surprises".

This whole Manziel thing was nothing more than opportunity. They were in College Station to scout J. Matthews and M. Evans, and oh btw, there is another pretty good player here, so lets "scout" him too while we are here. .....and the feeding frenzy ensues. But where was any report that could directly attribute any comments coming out of Rams Park? the closest thing to a commentary from them was NOT dispelling the rumors until Tues and Wed at the formal press conference and Pre-draft event for season ticket holders.
I don't get it. You say these smokescreens are put out for the media to drive (presumably intentionally), and then you go on to say that the GMs and Organizations can't possibly be as gullible as the "fans" who are buying into them. So, one could ask, why put them out at all?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I don't get it. You say these smokescreens are put out for the media to drive (presumably intentionally), and then you go on to say that the GMs and Organizations can't possibly be as gullible as the "fans" who are buying into them. So, one could ask, why put them out at all?

I guess, my point is, I don't think the smokescreens are necessarily "leaked" from the organizations themselves, but they aren't dispelled when they gain traction, from one of the media types grasping at straws. In this age of twitter, and the instant frenzy that is social media, all it takes is one uninformed "expert" such as a Greg Cosell, to throw something against the wall, and then sit back and watch it explode.

And these guys never bother to confirm anything, and NEVER come back and say ooops when they are so off base with it its sickening. There is no accountability with any of these guys anymore. Its all about hits and clicks on their sites.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess, my point is, I don't think the smokescreens are necessarily "leaked" from the organizations themselves, but they aren't dispelled when they gain traction, from one of the media types grasping at straws. In this age of twitter, and the instant frenzy that is social media, all it takes is one uninformed "expert" such as a Greg Cosell, to throw something against the wall, and then sit back and watch it explode.

And these guys never bother to confirm anything, and NEVER come back and say ooops when they are so off base with it its sickening. There is not accountability with any of these guys anymore. Its all about hits and clicks on their sites.
Gotcha. And the last sentence I agree with wholeheartedly.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Yes. Yes. And yes.