BernieM on Bradford: "personally I don't care for the guy"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Re: BernieM on Bradford: "personally I don't care for the gu

Selassie I said:
Didn't he recently get taken off of the regular radio air-time he took up ??? I've seen him now doing some incredibly primitive video chat siting behind a desk in T-shirts. Could it be that Bernardo has actually been sent "to the corner" because of his pompous radio program ? Now he's lashing out at the real stars ??

He stopped doing radio as he felt it wasn't worth being exhausted between doing that and writing for the PD.

Now, he spends more time in his forums, more blog posts, and his daily video series.

Bernie probably had one of the best St. Louis radio sports shows until he left radio.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Miklasz is a prima donna. Nuff said!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Lesson said:
Selassie I said:
Didn't he recently get taken off of the regular radio air-time he took up ??? I've seen him now doing some incredibly primitive video chat siting behind a desk in T-shirts. Could it be that Bernardo has actually been sent "to the corner" because of his pompous radio program ? Now he's lashing out at the real stars ??

He stopped doing radio as he felt it wasn't worth being exhausted between doing that and writing for the PD.

Now, he spends more time in his forums, more blog posts, and his daily video series.

Bernie probably had one of the best St. Louis radio sports shows until he left radio.
He got a hefty raise for funneling all his time to the Post Dispatch.
That's according to him, but I'm paraphrasing. It was all driven by money.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Well,,, personally I don't like Bernie...

But his clicks are showing undeniable improvement right now.

Newspapers are hurting big-time these days,,, I mean struggling. Maybe Bernie's wit is pilling up huge profits for the PD? :hehe:

FRO

Legend

I think it's pretty self explanatory and Bernie mentioned it in his post, Sam isn't the most media accessible guy. Bernie doesn't like that.

I've heard Bernie say how nice of a guy Sam is, so what has changed? Has to be that he isn't a big time media guy.

A55VA6

Legend

I can't even listen to Bernie anymore. He's just all kinds of wrong.

FRO

Legend

A55VA6 said:
Not really. He does a good job of straddling an issue to ensure he is never wrong. Talks out of both sides of his mouth often.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Bernie has been pretty open about players he doesn't have a personal fondness for and those that he does (ex. Mentioned many times how Pujols could be a jerk, before he left town...often gives examples about how Holliday does so many good things in the community that people don't see).

I don't really give a crap about who he does or doesn't like or which players are open to the media and which are arrogant.

But I do value Bernie's opinion when it comes to sports. This opinion doesn't bother me at all.

bluecoconuts

Legend

I remember when Sam was a prospect he, Tebow, McCoy and Jimmy the Ostrich all did that Gruden QB camp thing where he puts them in the RV and goes over a play and asks them questions. Everyone was all into it, really kissing his ass, except for Sam who just kind of sat back and went through the motions. To me he knew that he could really learn a lot from Gruden, however he saw that for what it was, a bunch of bullshit for a 3 minute video where he wasn't going to learn anything he hasn't already gone over 500 times.

So he might have done something like that... Bernie probably asked something stupid and Sam didn't care to kiss his ass like what he said was intelligent.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB

Biggame1190 on BernieM "personally I don't care for the guy"

A55VA6

Legend

FRO said:
A55VA6 said:
Not really. He does a good job of straddling an issue to ensure he is never wrong. Talks out of both sides of his mouth often.
I just don't like him all that much. I never seem to enjoy his thoughts or opinions. haha.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Personally Bern - I don't care for YOU guy.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB

rhinobean said:
Miklasz is a prima donna. Nuff said!

Totally agree. Never was a fan of the guy, has a DBagg "im better than you" attitude too. But its whatever. Glad I dont have to hear him on 101espn anymore. Im more of a Brian Stull and Randy K kind of guy. Those two are solids. Ide have a beer with Stully and Randy.

I heard that Sam is a no BS guy from some stories at OU, and I like that. I bet Bernie said something disrespectful and Sam let him know he was in the wrong by whatever action.

jjab360

Legend

bluecoconuts said:
I remember when Sam was a prospect he, Tebow, McCoy and Jimmy the Ostrich all did that Gruden QB camp thing where he puts them in the RV and goes over a play and asks them questions. Everyone was all into it, really kissing his ass, except for Sam who just kind of sat back and went through the motions. To me he knew that he could really learn a lot from Gruden, however he saw that for what it was, a bunch of BS for a 3 minute video where he wasn't going to learn anything he hasn't already gone over 500 times.

So he might have done something like that... Bernie probably asked something stupid and Sam didn't care to kiss his ass like what he said was intelligent.
I kinda like that about Sam. I remember people acting like Sam had no personality because he wasn't kissing Grudens ass, but like you said he saw it for what it was. He sees through the BS and doesn't care about putting on a show for the media, he just gets straight to work.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Errr...yeah no.

Trying to say he's not "pro" or "anti" Sam (or any player for that matter) is one thing.

Taking a shot by calling him "snotty" = unprofessional. Especially for a journalist.

So yeah...hear that sound? Sound of my respect going down the crapper.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Angry Ram said:
Errr...yeah no.

Trying to say he's not "pro" or "anti" Sam (or any player for that matter) is one thing.

Taking a shot by calling him "snotty" = unprofessional. Especially for a journalist.

I am fighting back agreeing with you.

I don't care for this kind of publicity or... I guess... remarks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
I thought that was intriguing as well, and I have a lot of different theories on that. None of which are probably true, but the top one would be that he's just setting himself up to be objective. In other words, I don't think it's true at all, but he doesn't want to come across as an "Apologist", so he says he doesn't like him. Sam doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to snub the media, but what the hell do I know?
What Bernie said was completely unprofessional, IMO, but I tend to agree with your theory, as I formulated the same one when I read it.

A55VA6

Legend

Angry Ram said:
Errr...yeah no.

Yes, exactly.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Childish, petty, and full of himself. Lately he's been coming up with some good stats to back up some reasonable assertions he has been making. In my mind that doesn't excuse his actions. You can be a columnist that asks questions or talks about subjects that increase your readership without being a jerk. There are many many examples of columnists that have proved my point. What is Peter King? Doctor Z? Increase your readership by doing your homework, knowing your subject and being a good journalist.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

The moment Bernie used the word, "snotty," he lost credibility. In fact, you can imagine Bradford's reaction (someone's going to tell him) to Bernie's label. Snotty won't cover it; Bradford will be down right nonplussed.