Barrett Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I don't know if any of you are like me but I fully expected after a full NFL redshirt year Mr. Jones would be ready to go at a G or C spot this year and be pretty beastly. Has anybody heard anything what so ever about his development? I'm thinking this could be key of what we have planned for the draft and/or FA.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't know if any of you are like me but I fully expected after a full NFL redshirt year Mr. Jones would be ready to go at a G or C spot this year and be pretty beastly. Has anybody heard anything what so ever about his development? I'm thinking this could be key of what we have planned for the draft and/or FA.
Interestingly silent on the Jones front. I don't know what to make of it. As much as many of us want their guy/position in the draft, a lot of this is going to be so much predicated on our assumptions as to what the staff sees. The first indication is likely going to be FA. Then we have to freakin' wait til the draft. In the mean time we'll beat on each other over our faves.

I'll just sit back, voice my opinion, knowing how right I am. After all, I wanted A. Curry BIG time. o_O

Alan

Legend
What could anyone report? It's not like he's not been doing anything other than lifting weights. I would like to know what he weighs now and if it's good weight, if any, that he's put on.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What could anyone report? It's not like he's not been doing anything other than lifting weights. I would like to know what he weighs now and if it's good weight, if any, that he's put on.
Maybe he has a new spotter. Ever think of THAT smart guy?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Agree. It was said he needed to add strength to compete in the nfl, id like to know where he stands.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not much is currently known it remains to be seen.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632207/barrett-jones

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3064
Jones is very mentally tough. Great decision maker in setting up the blocks. A natural talent at picking up blitzes and holding his ground. Very rarely misses an assignment and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Better run blocker than pass protector. Gets off the line quickly and uses his hands well to initiate contact. Hard-worker. Uses good pad leverage and gets low in his stance to drive his opponent. Plays to the whistle. Good balance. Limited athleticism and can struggle against well-rounded players who can use both speed and power moves. Jones projects as a second round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Alan

Legend
NJRamsFan still trying to get into the pod with me:
Agree. It was said he needed to add strength to compete in the nfl, id like to know where he stands.
It was also said that he was a little bit of a dough boy. He could be the same weight and yet much stronger now.

I'm a little vague on the concept of whether a Center should be lighter, in general, than a Guard. I think that's true. Maybe. If it is then his weight might tell us other things.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am on board with expecting him to compete for a starting spot and contribute being in on a good number of snaps this year. I believe he has the versatility from his college career to make playing guard or center both possible depending on where he is needed most.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Real men don't use spotters. :cool:
And your spotters would be...? Haven't seen Les around this post yet. I'm going with him. :D

Oh... you said... never mind.

MAN! I seriously miss some of our old emos. Seriously need the beating the dead horse, Wassup, and my own personal Brown Noser emos back again.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Interestingly silent on the Jones front. I don't know what to make of it. As much as many of us want their guy/position in the draft, a lot of this is going to be so much predicated on our assumptions as to what the staff sees. The first indication is likely going to be FA. Then we have to freakin' wait til the draft. In the mean time we'll beat on each other over our faves.

I'll just sit back, voice my opinion, knowing how right I am. After all, I wanted A. Curry BIG time. o_O

I also was a Curry guy lol.

Funny thing is Alex Mack is way better coming out and he's not my favorite.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It was also said that he was a little bit of a dough boy. He could be the same weight and yet much stronger now.

I'm a little vague on the concept of whether a Center should be lighter, in general, than a Guard. I think that's true. Maybe. If it is then his weight might tell us other things.
Yeah. I'd agree. Where are jrry, DR, and Bonny when you want them?

Jab Jab... Warriors - Come out to PlAAAAYAY!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I also was a Curry guy lol.

Funny thing is Alex Mack is way better coming out and he's not my favorite.
You sayin' Mack is the new Curry? Gonna be interesting to see. Though I would never want to put that tag on anyone. Unless of course the Whiners, Seahags, or Cards were to pick him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Mack us a true freak. He ran very close to what Watkins ran at the combine during his pro day.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hahaha the pod comment made me laugh out loud :cheers:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Last thing I heard was that B. Jones was working hard in the weight room. I have never met his spotter, but the team probably wouldn't allow him to lift without one, big balls, or not. I don't think the Rams would go after a Center in free agency, or the draft. Seems Wells will be retained, and I think B. Jones is the future there. Hopefully, B. Jones will be able to compete at the Guard position, this season.

That is where where we need the most help, as well as a swing tackle, and starting tackle until Jake Long is ready.