Barksdale kicked out of practice today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Didn't play like that next to Saffold.

God the offensive line is still a mess hopefully next year a few more draft picks they can finally sure up the unit...Not sure if Barksdale is going to be part of the plan.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
God the offensive line is still a mess hopefully next year a few more draft picks they can finally sure up the unit...Not sure if Barksdale is going to be part of the plan.

That makes 3-5 OL positions that need upgraded, then. NOT GOOD escepialy with Sam on the bench.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same. It scares me to make another hole on this team(specifically O-line) by letting him go, though. He played a lot better last year, if my memory serves me. He wasn't lights out or anything but he was plenty serviceable. This year....I don't know, which makes me wonder, like others, if it has to do with Joseph or even Wells.

I think it has a lot to do with Joseph but it makes it hard to estimate his value.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I would resign him but only for a backup's salary. Maybe with incentives if he can perform at a starting player level.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher throws a player out of practice over a scuffle?. Seems like there is a lot more to this story. Since when does Fisher have a problem with a player scuffling?
Yeah, probably did something during the scuffle that Fisher didn't like. Fish is a bit confusing sometimes.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think we're too quick to want to freak out and find something wrong in Barksdale. I think it has a lot to do with who he plays with, the first scretch of the season with Saffold he was fine, then Saffold went down and he was consistently with Joseph things fell apart. I honestly believe that Barksdale's problem is he's trying to compensate for Joseph's deficiencies and try to play for two.

BadCompany

Rookie
OT is supposed to be the strength of this draft. I just wonder if Barksdale would want to switch to OG seeing as he's a FA?

Been discussed before I think, but what was the conclusion on re-doing Jake Long's contract and sliding him over to RT? Have Barksdale at RG, a new center, and Saffold and Robinson on the left?

That way we wouldn't have three new OL'ers trying to learn a new system while protecting our battered QB. New positions yes, but at least they would know what the system is trying to do.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re sign him.

Barks may have struggled at times, but he's still solid with potential to be better - and stays healthy.

Too many holes on the OL to fill another.

Plus he's a member here :cool:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Sign Barksdale, put Saffold back at right guard, Draft and/or sign a legitimate left guard, and find anyone else to play center.
Oh, and don't even sign Joseph to be the back up water boy, unless there is some miracle cure for what is wrong with him!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well most know how I feel about ORT Barksdale for a long while now. The flunking out with the Raiders was due to their Zone Blocking scheme which JB proved he can not function in. So his options as to where he will look for employment is not that good. Rams clearly know JB can not play OLT in the NFL, so he is not a legit candidate for any reserve SWING reserve OT spot on any NFL roster. JB played DL when he arrived @ LSU and switched early to ORT post until his last yr when LSU need him to play OLT. JB has Never played any interior OL post. Barksdale has played next to Harvey Dahl, Shelley Smith, Rodger Saffold & as of late Davin Joseph. I have always thought that JB out played Saffold for the ORT starting post, but I am having my doubts that the Rams just needed Saffold @ ORG in the worse way thus JB was given the starting post. JB has not gotten better since then & may have simply regressed.

Rams are already is a real tight spot @ ORG & OC positions. The Rams best OL'er Saffold will go under the knife & bone grinder here shortly no telling how long it will take to reconstruct that left shoulder that has been damaged for a long time now. So the Rams could possible be in trouble @ both OG posts early in TC & pre season.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Well most know how I feel about ORT Barksdale for a long while now. The flunking out with the Raiders was due to their Zone Blocking scheme which JB proved he can not function in. So his options as to where he will look for employment is not that good. Rams clearly know JB can not play OLT in the NFL, so he is not a legit candidate for any reserve SWING reserve OT spot on any NFL roster. JB played DL when he arrived @ LSU and switched early to ORT post until his last yr when LSU need him to play OLT. JB has Never played any interior OL post. Barksdale has played next to Harvey Dahl, Shelley Smith, Rodger Saffold & as of late Davin Joseph. I have always thought that JB out played Saffold for the ORT starting post, but I am having my doubts that the Rams just needed Saffold @ ORG in the worse way thus JB was given the starting post. JB has not gotten better since then & may have simply regressed.

Rams are already is a real tight spot @ ORG & OC positions. The Rams best OL'er Saffold will go under the knife & bone grinder here shortly no telling how long it will take to reconstruct that left shoulder that has been damaged for a long time now. So the Rams could possible be in trouble @ both OG posts early in TC & pre season.
Pretty grim news