Bank it: the Quick experiment is coming to an end

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When they drafted Quick, I had serious reservations.

He came from a small school and there were reports there wasn't even a playbook.

Sounded like he was in a system where athletic guys were beating not-as-athletic guys.

Then, of course, there was his size.

They've given him a loooong look but he's not progressing (to me).

His days might be numbered... we'll see.

lockdnram21

Legend
If memory serves me correctly, Keenum had no problem going Deep to Cooper and especially Spruuuce in the Pre-Season, So who's to say he can't do it in the regular Season!?!(y);):D

Edit: Or was that Mannion!?
When did Keenum play with spruce? Spruce didn't come in to 2nd half he was with Mannion against 3rd stringers. I know im in minority but I font think Spruce will be as good as people think.. Also I don't think Quick will get cut(and not because i want him here cause I don't.) He's actually gotten targets. Me personally I would cut marques he does nothing on offense at all... Also I think Britt and Quick would be more productive with better QB and offense

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When did Keenum play with spruce? Spruce didn't come in to 2nd half he was with Mannion against 3rd stringers. I know im in minority but I font think Spruce will be as good as people think.. Also I don't think Quick will get cut(and not because i want him here cause I don't.) He's actually gotten targets. Me personally I would cut marques he does nothing on offense at all... Also I think Britt and Quick would be more productive with better QB and offense
Look at my "Edit Note" and my post afterit. It was mannion that was Passing to Spruce! And I agree, I think Spruce will be as good as most of us think he will be!

A55VA6

Legend
After this season, Quick is gone unless he starts to dominate consistently out of nowhere.

lockdnram21

Legend
Look at my "Edit Note" and my post afterit. It was mannion that was Passing to Spruce! And I agree, I think Spruce will be as good as most of us think he will be!
I said I dont think Spruce will be as good as most of u think.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I said I dont think Spruce will be as good as most of u think.
Then I stand corrected. I Don't agree with you. He showed me something even if it was a Pre-Season game. He had a nack for getting open!

TexasRam

Legend
Quick always looks lost and tentative and the drops the ball half the time he does get a chance.

Higbee looks exactly the same right now. But Higbee is a rookie in the early stages of the season. I think he will progress unlike Quick.

lockdnram21

Legend
Then I stand corrected. I Don't agree with you. He showed me something even if it was a Pre-Season game. He had a nack for getting open!
Vs 3rd stringers?? I doubt he plays like he did vs Dallas. Also if Cooper takes off want be much time for spruce in the slot

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
while I hope quick would be the one cut, I wouldnt be surprised if its thomas and they try to stash him. Granted, with britt, tavon, cooper, spruce, kendricks, and higbee they likely value thomas' special teams, but going this route would allow them to keep both. Again, I hope its quick, but wouldnt be surprised if he sticks a bit longer

I don't think there is a chance that Thomas is gone. The guy is an elite gunner. He is consistently the first guy down there. Johnny seems a bit off rhythm, he is punting well. Landing most punts inside the 20 pretty consistently - and changing field position. I know that Johnny can be better

A gunner like Thomas who is able to get down the field so fast - sometimes just flat beating the ball. . . I just can't see him being cut.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think there is a chance that Thomas is gone. The guy is an elite gunner. He is consistently the first guy down there. Johnny seems a bit off rhythm, he is punting well. Landing most punts inside the 20 pretty consistently - and changing field position. I know that Johnny can be better

A gunner like Thomas who is able to get down the field so fast - sometimes just flat beating the ball. . . I just can't see him being cut.
I think it's Thomas or Marques.. My choice would be Marques. Thomas has more upside at receiver

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Vs 3rd stringers?? I doubt he plays like he did vs Dallas. Also if Cooper takes off want be much time for spruce in the slot
The proof will be in their play! All Cooper has done so far is Drop a Pass!
Fisher has said he doesn't know if either will play this week. It all depends on their practice this week!(y);):D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Once Cooper & Spruce are ready to go I would prefer that we make room for one of our practice squad DB's either Mike Jordan or Blake Countess be brought up to add to our corners cadre. I been done with Quick for a long long time. I would like to see more of Hemingway myself.

I know we are expecting that corner EJ Gaines to get healthy but from what I have seen thus far I would not trust that to last long. I desire a beefing up of our DB's since we regularly utilize 6 on the field. CB Coty Sensabaugh has failed to settle in, Troy Hill is bright green & was gimpy at the end of the game, Steve Williams is an Unknown to me. I like what I saw of Mike Jordan myself in pre season.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
When healthy Spruce will be the guy for a long time. He has what is needed, the ability to get open and catch the ball.
No one else on the team has shown that ability to catch consistently.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Quick should sue the Fisher regime for failure to coach him LOL.
He seems like a nice kid, he's a fighter; the way he came back form that horrific injury.
I'd like to see him with some real coaching and a stable team. He'll get a chance somewhere because of his size, I want to see how he ends up

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think it's Thomas or Marques.. My choice would be Marques. Thomas has more upside at receiver

I think you might be onto something here. Marques was our big ST gunner last year. He has zero tackles this year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
With the lack of LBs, I doubt they cut a special teamers like Thomas. So Quick could be gone, but not until an injury hits somewhere else on the roster that requires a new body. Then again, if they don't activate him on game day, then why keep him now.

BTW, Is Brandon Chubb still on the practice squad? It was tweeted today that he worked out for Green Bay, unless there is another Brandon Chubb. I don't recall him being cut from the PS.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
More curious to me, how can SPRUCE & Cooper still be injured while only playing parts of a game or 2? I think Cooper only has caught 2 passes....SPRUCE has caught 5.....and these guys are still injured??? Still...injured....

Interesting. So you're saying that the severity of a single-incident injury has something to do with how many passes a guy caught or how many parts of a game a guy has played before that point?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Interesting. So you're saying that the severity of a single-incident injury has something to do with how many passes a guy caught or how many parts of a game a guy has played before that point?
Well yeah....getting hurt that early, with so few touches, for relatively lower drafted players, would seem to be unheard of a few years ago....4th round...udfa...injured??? The old saying of making the club from the tub comes to mind...Injury prone...in fact, I don't think I remember SPRUCE getting hurt...I'm sure I saw Cooper on another play, after the spectacular catch in which he "claims" he was injured, favoring his shoulder on a collision....How can we rely on guys that have gotten hurt in such a short amount of game time?
And to your question....the number of times you touch the ball does relate to how much you are injured...contact sport and all.....Unless your just falling down injured, untouched...and at 22, 23, 24....who wants that on the team?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not gonna bag on him and go on about how awkward the dude looks. Still. He's just not good enough, and we have some guys coming back. So IMO we are going to see the horror show that has been his brief career finally come to an end.

And good luck to whatever team decides the Rams are stupid on offense, and signs him in the hopes to catch lightning in a bottle. That's gonna work about as good as the Cook signing by GB.

Sayonara soon my 6'4" ridiculously talented friend. Sayonara.

I don't have an opinion on Quick at the moment. After all they've invested in time, I would like to see him with Goff before he's cut, but either way is fine with me. He's a non-factor.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Well yeah....getting hurt that early, with so few touches, for relatively lower drafted players, would seem to be unheard of a few years ago....4th round...udfa...injured??? The old saying of making the club from the tub comes to mind...Injury prone...in fact, I don't think I remember SPRUCE getting hurt...I'm sure I saw Cooper on another play, after the spectacular catch in which he "claims" he was injured, favoring his shoulder on a collision....How can we rely on guys that have gotten hurt in such a short amount of game time?
And to your question....the number of times you touch the ball does relate to how much you are injured...contact sport and all.....Unless your just falling down injured, untouched...and at 22, 23, 24....who wants that on the team?

I think you are assuming all injuries are cumulative. Not true, Doc. Some are just the right hit at the right angle on a perfectly healthy joint at the right time. For those, it doesn't matter if it's the first hit or the hundredth and it could be that it never happens that way again. Spruce's must have happened on his sixth catch; looked to me like he got rolled up on the knee. To be labeled, "injury-prone", you need at least two injuries to establish some frequency and pattern. From what I've read, this is Spruce's first injury ever, including high school and college. Cooper does not seem to have any real injury history, either. I'll wait before slapping that "prone" label on them.

Now, if you want to talk drop-prone, not-getting-open-prone, and running-off-pattern-prone, we can get back on title topic for this thread.