Aug-25 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I have read that Keenum has not looked as good as earlier and Goff has been practicing much better. We know that having Goff ready by game 1 is what the coaches would like to see. He has a great arm and it's stronger than Keenum's.

I am all for waiting on Goff's development if needed and expected it to take a third of the season but, I am now starting to think that it is a good possibility for him to start the first game. He has progressed the last few weeks. I think that if he starts the Denver game and plays without mistakes that he ends up as the starter. He is close.

If he crushes it Saturday- then you are probably right. I'm sure the staff wants to give him the job. Right now, my eyes see Keenum as clearly ahead.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Because of plays like the deep ball to Britt. He just doesn't have the arm to get it there. All you can do is hope for a DPI call. He's pretty accurate but weak armed QBs almost never last in this league.

Also, we scored 13, 21, 31 and 23 points with him as a starter. There were 2 defensive touchdowns and a field goal from a long kick return. That turns out to be 17 ppg. Which is not good enough.

Look at how beat up the offensive line was ? Did you see the TD's passes to Britt last season ?? He might not have the best arm,but he is always going to give The Rams a chance to win. The Rams are a run first defensive team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just like Megatron said, Kase doesn't have the arm talent. It limits the offense too much. If Goff is close then he should start IMO

I'll agree with that,but he isn't at the moment. He looks like a new born the way he tripped over Wichmann.
I like Goff & know he is the future QB of The Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams are a run first defensive team.
The number one way a running team can have success is to loosen the box by the threat of the deep pass...short passing game + running team...talk about 3 yards and a cloud of dust...
As long as we're winning...who cares, right?

What type of load are we placing on our running game? What type of balance are we trying to have? Just like the deception of Tavon streaking for the end around compliments the running game, a wr (Britt) flying down the field will pull safeties out of the box, enabling better running lanes...Simple but very effective...Rams teams won like this in the 70's....Compliment your bruising running game with the threat of the deep strike...

What type of fear does Case strike into the defensive backfield if he can't throw deep?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What is the consensus on Goffs deep throw accuracy?

I know his intermediate throws jumped out to me on his college tape but I'd like to know more about his deep ball skills from RODers who know more than me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams are a run first defensive team.

With Case at QB this is true, and it is true that he and Gurley with a good defense give this team a good chance to win.

But what happens when they see a good defense that can bottle it up? Case is not the QB who can prevent that by droppin dimes downfield. Goff is. This why they need to get him ready as soon as they can. I mean it is what it is. There is no reason to act like Case is being victimized, and I'm not saying you are, but just pointing out that when they took Goff the rationale was that they would finally have talent there that can make a difference game in and game out.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got to TC just as it got started. Met up and finally got to meet a couple of forum members, Elvis, Hacksaw and The Professor. Great time discussing Rams football.
Sorry, I didn't take notes, too busy yaking, but here's some of what I observed.
Keenum is currently the best QB. Goff is NOT ready to start. While its obvious he's going to be a good starting QB, he's not there yet. Highlight of the day was a 35 yd rope hitting Thomas in stride down the sideline. Thomas had a good day.
OL looking good. Battle got in at RT for some snaps with the 2's. Quinn got a few snaps. Spruce knee in a sleeve. Havenstien was busy with trainers on sidelines doing different drills. Close to participating?
Gurley and RB's getting targeted with short passes coming out of the backfield.
Cooper and McRoberts got several targets. Cooper fielding punts.

Something Hacksaw pointed out early, and I have to agree after watching several plays. Offense looks slow for plays to develop. Just not real crisp. Hope that doesn't carry over to the regular season.

Looked like they practiced hard. Fisher very involved, really drilled them in 2 min drill. Now they go to Cal Lutheran up north.

Keep the questions coming. They help me remember stuff I can't think of now.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Starting Case Keenum is the right option for the rams."Speaking to several offensive players, I repeatedly heard the word 'GAMER' and 'WINNER' in reference to the 28-year-old Keenum. In fact, one Rams receiver said the offense would thrive in 2016 with Keenum at the helm!" ~ Nick Shook @NFL.com

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What is the consensus on Goffs deep throw accuracy?
Excellent accuracy....I'd like a lil more velocity, but I'm picky....it kind of wobbles....I'd suspect after a couple years as a pro with added strength, he'll be pretty awesome...At this point, his arm is stronger than Keenums....more accurate than Mannion...Def. our best QB in terms of skills...right now.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Starting Case Keenum is the right option for the rams."Speaking to several offensive players, I repeatedly heard the word 'GAMER' and 'WINNER' in reference to the 28-year-old Keenum. In fact, one Rams receiver said the offense would thrive in 2016 with Keenum at the helm!" ~ Nick Shook @NFL.com
Gag me with a fucking spoon man. Case mother fucking Keenum, starting QB, LA Rams.

Any Super Bowl aspirations y'all have for this team go right out the window with him at the helm. If we're lucky enough to win 10 games we are a one and done team.

I hate being this guy. I just don't see him turning into a legitimate starter for an entire season. He will look decent for a few games and then his wet noodle arm will catch up to him. I pray to whatever is out there that he proves me wrong but I just don't see it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally I haven't seen anything in camp or games that makes me think Goff isn't the best option for the Rams from game #1 on.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Gag me with a freaking spoon man. Case mother freaking Keenum, starting QB, LA Rams.

Any Super Bowl aspirations y'all have for this team go right out the window with him at the helm. If we're lucky enough to win 10 games we are a one and done team.

I hate being this guy. I just don't see him turning into a legitimate starter for an entire season. He will look decent for a few games and then his wet noodle arm will catch up to him. I pray to whatever is out there that he proves me wrong but I just don't see it.

Damn Leg... I haven't heard anyone say "gag me with a spoon" since the 80's. WTF,,, you ain't old enough for that Man.

LOLOLOLOLOL

…..

Legend
Gag me with a freaking spoon man. Case mother freaking Keenum, starting QB, LA Rams.

Or....Not.

I'm all for a good bit of positive negativity but chill out, you don't know a fkn thing. And I say that with good cheer.

I hope you continue to root for "Case mother freaking Keenum"

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Personally I haven't seen anything in camp or games that makes me think Goff isn't the best option for the Rams from game #1 on.

This comment:
image.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Damn Leg... I haven't heard anyone say "gag me with a spoon" since the 80's. WTF,,, you ain't old enough for that Man.

LOLOLOLOLOL
Hahaha well it just shows how upset I am over this development. I mean, am I crazy? I can't be the only who thinks this.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I got to TC just as it got started. Met up and finally got to meet a couple of forum members, Elvis, Hacksaw and The Professor. Great time discussing Rams football.
Sorry, I didn't take notes, too busy yaking, but here's some of what I observed.
Keenum is currently the best QB. Goff is NOT ready to start. While its obvious he's going to be a good starting QB, he's not there yet. Highlight of the day was a 35 yd rope hitting Thomas in stride down the sideline. Thomas had a good day.
OL looking good. Battle got in at RT for some snaps with the 2's. Quinn got a few snaps. Spruce knee in a sleeve. Havenstien was busy with trainers on sidelines doing different drills. Close to participating?
Gurley and RB's getting targeted with short passes coming out of the backfield.
Cooper and McRoberts got several targets. Cooper fielding punts.

Something Hacksaw pointed out early, and I have to agree after watching several plays. Offense looks slow for plays to develop. Just not real crisp. Hope that doesn't carry over to the regular season.

Looked like they practiced hard. Fisher very involved, really drilled them in 2 min drill. Now they go to Cal Lutheran up north.

Keep the questions coming. They help me remember stuff I can't think of now.

The part about play's being slow to develop: At the end of Hard knocks 3 when Goff threw to Brown Boras was talking to Groh and mentioned that was the fastest the fastest drop that he had seen all day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like Goff and thought he would start week one in Frisco, which I now think is a long shot. I might be wrong, but isn't the 3rd preseason game the main tune up game for the starters to prepare them for the regular season? If so, Keenum is doing most of the reps with the 1's in Denver...which tells me the starting job for Week One is his to lose. We have won with Case and i think we beat the 49ers like a drum on Monday night Football with him in his game manager role and Todd Freakin Gurley running all over the whiners. After that, it become iffy as good teams take away the run game (or game plan that) which forces Keenum to do what he's not that great at....

The way it's going, the only way we see Goff at QB this year is after bad losses with Keenum at the helm. Fisher won't change horses until he's forced to..