Around the league tidbits you may have missed.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
(I do not consider myself a Goff Fan any longer, though I would like him have a chance at some point)

But Cheez people thought McVay was tough on Goff.
Goff is playing on a team with absolutely nothing..... has been sacked 15 times already,
And your HC comes out and says you're not stepping up enough.
Quick question what the hell is he supposed to step up to?

View: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1449865331854299141?s=20

Trevor Lawrence posted a 92 passer rating or better in three straight games. He had 319 yards without an interception Sunday.
------------Looks as though Trever is growing in a way, one would like to see.

*************************************************************************************
23. Seattle Seahawks (2-4, LW: 20)

Geno Smith isn't and won't be the answer. Russell Wilson is reportedly doing well in recovery from finger surgery. The Seahawks need to stay afloat until Wilson is ready to return, and it's getting harder to see how they can.--------- I'm HEATBROKEN

team logo
CHARGERS
That was a terrible showing at Baltimore. They hardly resembled the team that was being talked about as a Super Bowl contender.

The best DC on the planet is somehow allowing the #21 ranked scoring defense in NFL.
Meanwhile our shabby DC has us at #9 in points allowed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trevor Lawrence posted a 92 passer rating or better in three straight games. He had 319 yards without an interception Sunday.

I saw a fair bit of Jags vs Miami. Lawrence has “it”. You can see it… he made some great throws, starting to show more command of the team out there, moves around smooth.

Jags need to find a way to build around that guy.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw a fair bit of Jags vs Miami. Lawrence has “it”. You can see it… he made some great throws, starting to show more command of the team out there, moves around smooth.

Jags need to find a way to build around that guy.
No doubt.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
(I do not consider myself a Goff Fan any longer, though I would like him have a chance at some point)

Goff is playing on a team with absolutely nothing..... has been sacked 15 times already,

View: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1449865331854299141?s=20

*************************************************************************************
23. Seattle Seahawks (2-4, LW: 20)

Geno Smith isn't and won't be the answer. Russell Wilson is reportedly doing well in recovery from finger surgery. The Seahawks need to stay afloat until Wilson is ready to return, and it's getting harder to see how they can.--------- I'm HEATBROKEN

team logo
CHARGERS
That was a terrible showing at Baltimore. They hardly resembled the team that was being talked about as a Super Bowl contender.

The best DC on the planet is somehow allowing the #21 ranked scoring defense in NFL.
Meanwhile our shabby DC has us at #9 in points allowed.

I just think it’s clear that teams looked at a lot of tape of last year’s Rams D.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
So, if Goff goes on TV and says their coaches need to step up and do a better job, that would be cool?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So, if Goff goes on TV and says their coaches need to step up and do a better job, that would be cool?
Coaches are held accountable with their jobs too, by the one above them in the food chain. So this is a dumb fucking question.

McVay was villainized round these parts for daring to say Goff needed to do better last season. Then again for moving him for a better QB. All sorts of creative storylines there. Now here we are with the second coach in the past year to say he needs to do better and here we go again with the apologists.

Maybe it's time some of you took the blinders off.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Well, thanks for your "constructive" criticism! I just meant to point out that calling out your players to the press is not a great way to
win the hearts and minds of the team.
I should have made that easier for you to understand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Maybe we should rename the board this week...

Goff On Demand
iu

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
And what's saying that to the public supposed to do? What a dumb coach--his teams will never win.

McVay was saying just yesterday how time has helped him appreciate more what Goff did for us.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Isn’t that what he does? Often?
From what I'm seeing he is proving that he isn't the answer, at least on a bad team, and he isn't as good as Stafford. The coach isn't doing himself any favors by taking their issues public. It makes him look weak and untrustworthy to his players.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
From what I'm seeing he is proving that he isn't the answer, at least on a bad team, and he isn't as good as Stafford. The coach isn't doing himself any favors by taking their issues public. It makes him look weak and untrustworthy to his players.
Oh, I misunderstood

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Sorry, I do not agree! I think that it's the fastest way to destroy your team chemistry.
Just watch how the successful coaches handle things. They take the blame and then handle it in the locker room, not on TV.
I liked Campbell, but now I am doubting if he is the correct guy for the job.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
So what do you think the Lion's record with Stafford?
The more important question is what do you think the Rams’ record would be with Goff if he were still our QB? I’d be willing to bet we wouldn’t be in the same category offensively, at the very least.

dang

Legend
Goff couldn’t carry the Rams to the top but he sure as hell raised the bar. I for one am glad we had him for 4 good years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
QBs always get too much credit and too much blame.

Goff is supposed to be a young talent that was going to be a part of the rebuild in the worse franchise in recent history.

He is showing what he is, again. He will never be The Guy who loads the rest of the team on his shoulders and carries them through a game. If Detroit thought or if he told them he could do that, they were wrong.

Coaches have to walk the line between guys under performing, especially if they are not putting in the extra effort, who knows if Goff is doing that now, and the players who are.

Goff is not now, never has been and never will be a great NFL QB.