Anybody Against Taking A Wr Not Named Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we could get Watkins and one of the top two OTs, then I'd be happy.

But thats not a realistic option. So if we take one of the top OTs, then we could take another receiver down the board.

But if we can't draft a GREAT WR, then I dont want one at all. We have plenty of average guys already.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't disagree...but the Rams seem to have plenty of 2nd and 3rd tier guys...Watkins projects as a top tier talent, being compared to Green and Jones...we need that, not a complimentary player. That's all I'm saying. I'm not sure there are really any other WRs worth maneuvering around to get.

Can't really argue against that, if the Rams see Watkins as that player who can be a #1 and help open up our offense, I have no problem with that. I do have some worries about Watkins, but I still know he is the top WR in the class and if they grab him I would be happy.

I think there are WR's worth moving around for, but those are after the 1st, so it's not as big a deal, like the Stacy trade kind of.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Can't really argue against that, if the Rams see Watkins as that player who can be a #1 and help open up our offense, I have no problem with that. I do have some worries about Watkins, but I still know he is the top WR in the class and if they grab him I would be happy.

I think there are WR's worth moving around for, but those are after the 1st, so it's not as big a deal, like the Stacy trade kind of.

And that's fine IMO...I'm just saying, unless it is someone that brings more to the table than what you have then what's the point? I mean, all of our guys now are young and still have plenty of potential...sooooooo

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
One last thing. A lot of people say if we don't draft Watkins they don't want any WR taken. I have to disagree 100% respectfully of course. We have a lot of guys who are #2's and #3's right now, if we dont draft anymore competition for them they don't have to really worry. We have a lot of picks in this draft, and will have more from trade downs. Not drafting a WR with so many picks might show our WR corps that they are set to make the team and play. I rather draft someone to at least give them some competition to work harder since the rookie(hopefully) will be busting his ass trying to make the team and get reps.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
And that's fine IMO...I'm just saying, unless it is someone that brings more to the table than what you have then what's the point? I mean, all of our guys now are young and still have plenty of potential...sooooooo

Well, there are WR's who are drafted after the first that end up having a great career or supplanting the teams top WR. Just never know, just always seems safer getting the top one(which usually does have the best chance also like if they grabbed Watkins).

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well, there are WR's who are drafted after the first that end up having a great career or supplanting the teams top WR. Just never know, just always seems safer getting the top one(which usually does have the best chance also like if they grabbed Watkins).
That's what I mean though...you don't know, just like you don't know if Quick and Givens aren't going to break out.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think at some point if we really want that go to number 1 guy we haven't had in a while, we need to go out and get the cream of the crop (watkins) and not continue waiting until later rounds to address wr

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well, I was just listening to Gil Brandt on SiriusXM NFL...he says there are 9 WRs with 1st round talent...so theres that.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well, I was just listening to Gil Brandt on SiriusXM NFL...he says there are 9 WRs with 1st round talent...so theres that.

Here are my choices for the 9:

Watkins
Evans
Lee
Beckham Jr.
Benjamin
Matthews
Cook
Adams

I count 8. Cook and Adams would be 1st rounders in some drafts(bad WR classes). Richardson is borderline.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
This is actually a pretty deep receiver class. Listening to Snead talk, I know he thinks the same.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I'm personally against taking a WR period!
I'm still convinced our line comes first, then DBs, after that I've got no prob with a WR(probably wouldn't be any tops WR left tho...)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
IMO, we should only take a WR if and only if we think he'll turn into that #1 type to make our offense complete.

#2s and below... we're set there. We need no more.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
That dude REALLY struggled at the combine, and not just the run, he went down hill from there. Felt bad for him.
He would definitely be a risky pick, but struggling at the combine might make him fall to a very manageable selection, I wanted Watkins to begin with but i'm starting to think our line would look really fucking sexy with a line-up of
Long-Robinson-Jones-Saffold-Barksdale, then get a WR later in the draft. Then get your LG sometime in the near future and then move Long to RT, and Robinson takes over LT in due time. BOOM! Elite line.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He would definitely be a risky pick, but struggling at the combine might make him fall to a very manageable selection, I wanted Watkins to begin with but i'm starting to think our line would look really freaking sexy with a line-up of
Long-Robinson-Jones-Saffold-Barksdale, then get a WR later in the draft. Then get your LG sometime in the near future and then move Long to RT, and Robinson takes over LT in due time. BOOM! Elite line.
Sounds like a darn good plan, but his hands looked very sketchy. There are some really good receivers in this class, so the plan can still be in effect! Elite is right, and we could line up, and tell them where we are going to run, and still run it there.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
No Watkins? Then give me Kelvin Benjamin.

No thanks on Benjamin. The Rams already have plenty of guys who have trouble catching the ball.

I'd rather see them target a player like Davante Adams in round 2, or Martavis Bryant in round 3.

Ram_of_Old

It seems the Rams are looking most for OL and WR. No, if we can find a talent in a later round, I think we should grab it up. It seems to me that Snead is playing a wait and see position right now, which is good. I really don't see us using the number two pick. I would say there is a 80 percent chance we trade down and pick up some more picks.