Any news on concussed players?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm wondering if Tru Johnson and Zac Stacy are going to be good to go...

Chris Williams...ehh, hope he's OK. I don't think he is any better than Smith though.

A55VA6

Legend
I know Tru and Zac said they feel good on Twitter. I believe they take the concussion test tomorrow. We'll probably find something out after practice.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
hate to be a downer ,didn't see the other two but I'd prefer Tru wait a week, IMO his was a pretty severe one

I think a week from occurance is just too short, in HS wrestling the kids have to be symptom free for a week and the danger /occurance of concussion there is IMO not near that of football

Tru is IMO a future star, I'd rather he not be rushed back

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree with Thor. Scared the crap outta me when trujo was motionless after that hit. Let him heal up.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Agree with Thor. Scared the crap outta me when trujo was motionless after that hit. Let him heal up.
Yeah increased my pucker factor pretty significantly especially since he writhed some and then went motionless

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm in the same boat as Faceplant and Thor. Let him get well. The 49ers passing O doesn't scare me. This is a week we can get by without him.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Yeah increased my pucker factor pretty significantly especially since he writhed some and then went motionless
Ugh. I'd forgotten about that. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

A55VA6

Legend
Zac Stacy, Trumaine Johnson, Chris Williams (head injuries) listed as non-participants Wednesday. All three did a little work in walk thru. Stacy and Johnson also did some running on the side during the practice. Fisher said Stacy, Williams and Johnson are "doing well" and going through the concussion evaluation process right now.

All that came from Nick Wagoner on twitter.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Please, Please, and Please.

We need a blowout in San Fran to start our sweep to the wildcard spot.

F. Mulder

Starter
Zac Stacy, Trumaine Johnson, Chris Williams (head injuries) listed as non-participants Wednesday. All three did a little work in walk thru. Stacy and Johnson also did some running on the side during the practice. Fisher said Stacy, Williams and Johnson are "doing well" and going through the concussion evaluation process right now.

All that came from Nick Wagoner on twitter.
I thought I heard or read right after Sunday's game that there was a 3 day evaluation period for concussions. If I'm understanding that right, and reading between the lines with what Fisher said (and Johnson's tweet), them not practicing is not unexpected. I bet most, if not all of them have some sort of practice tomorrow (Thur) and expect them to be available for the game.

If I'm off base on the 3 day thing please correct me; I have a hard time remembering what I had for lunch most days.:oops:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I thought I heard or read right after Sunday's game that there was a 3 day evaluation period for concussions. If I'm understanding that right, and reading between the lines with what Fisher said (and Johnson's tweet), them not practicing is not unexpected. I bet most, if not all of them have some sort of practice tomorrow (Thur) and expect them to be available for the game.

If I'm off base on the 3 day thing please correct me; I have a hard time remembering what I had for lunch most days.:oops:

They practice on Thanksgiving?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
The 49ers passing O doesn't scare me. This is a week we can get by without him.

Whilst I agree that we need him to rest up and make sure hes fully recovered, I'm not sure I can agree with that first bit..
Their passing O doesn't have to be even half good if we don't have a secondary..
Kap is no mug, he'll exploit it..
It's up to our front 4 to rush fast and hard like they've downed 12 shots and played a game of spin the bottle with sasha grey........

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just hope the concussions are not all that severe. We NEED Tru and a healthy D. Anyone who thinks the whiners don't have a good passing offense is doomed to be burned by them. Crabs comes back. Manningham is mending. And it's not like we were doing well stopping Boldin - or Gore out of the backfield for that matter.

We can rattle Kap. If we do, I think we can get him to make fatal mistakes. But I sure hope the concussions are minor and at least Zac and Tru are able to play. I'm a fan. I can be selfish. I don't want anything lasting to effect either but I also want to win and I really think we still have a shot.

F. Mulder

Starter
They practice on Thanksgiving?
According to Nick W they did practice today and all 3 look likely to play.

More progress for three concussed Rams
By Nick Wagoner

[espn.go.com]

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Although they have yet to be officially cleared to play Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, the St. Louis Rams' trio of concussed players appear to be trending toward a return a week after suffering their injuries.

Running back Zac Stacy, cornerback Trumaine Johnson and left guard Chris Williams all participated in Thursday's practice. They were not allowed to have contact yet but they were able to work at a normal tempo. They're officially listed as limited participation on the injury report.

"As protocol continues, we were able to get the three players that are going through the process with the concussions on the field today," Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. "No contact, but full speed and that's encouraging."

Fisher said the three players still have another hurdle to clear before they can be cleared and the final tests of the process will take place Friday. He did acknowledge that "everything looks good" for the potential return of all three players against the Niners.

Guard Harvey Dahl (knee) also made some progress and did some limited work with the scout team.

Cornerback Brandon McGee was the only addition to the injury report after he appeared to tweak his foot during practice. He's listed as limited.

Here's the full breakdown:

Did not participate: LB Will Witherspoon (not injury related)

Limited participation: Stacy, Williams, Johnson, Dahl, McGee, safety T.J. McDonald (shin)

Full participation: DE Eugene Sims (foot)
Reply Quote Report

RamzFanz

Damnit
According to Nick W they did practice today and all 3 look likely to play.

More progress for three concussed Rams
By Nick Wagoner

[espn.go.com]

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Although they have yet to be officially cleared to play Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, the St. Louis Rams' trio of concussed players appear to be trending toward a return a week after suffering their injuries.

Running back Zac Stacy, cornerback Trumaine Johnson and left guard Chris Williams all participated in Thursday's practice. They were not allowed to have contact yet but they were able to work at a normal tempo. They're officially listed as limited participation on the injury report.

"As protocol continues, we were able to get the three players that are going through the process with the concussions on the field today," Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. "No contact, but full speed and that's encouraging."

Fisher said the three players still have another hurdle to clear before they can be cleared and the final tests of the process will take place Friday. He did acknowledge that "everything looks good" for the potential return of all three players against the Niners.

Guard Harvey Dahl (knee) also made some progress and did some limited work with the scout team.

Cornerback Brandon McGee was the only addition to the injury report after he appeared to tweak his foot during practice. He's listed as limited.

Here's the full breakdown:

Did not participate: LB Will Witherspoon (not injury related)

Limited participation: Stacy, Williams, Johnson, Dahl, McGee, safety T.J. McDonald (shin)

Full participation: DE Eugene Sims (foot)
Reply Quote Report

Yeah, didn't know if they did practice on T-Day or not.

Sounding good!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good news. We need all the cogs possible in place down the stretch.