Any chance we see Keenum play Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow, week 2 and we are discussing whether or not to play our FOURTH QB.......this does not bode well my Rams brothers....not at all. That said, if Hill can't go, and if AD can't show us anything resembling consistency, then why not see what Case can do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have to admit, i'm very curious to see Keenum suit up and play.

Why? Keenum is smaller than Davis with similar arm strength....I just don't understand what anybody sees in a guy that was 0-7 as a starter last year. I remember when he came in against the Rams and I knew then the game was over and he threw a pic six to Olgetree...I do understand he's a gamer, however, to me he's just like Austin Davis and I still don't understand for the life of me why the Rams did not claim Ryan Griffin from the Saints.

Athos

Legend
I'd rather Keenum run 5 pays well than Davis run the entire O poorly.

Ain't that the truth. Just give Keenum 10 plays to learn and learn well.

5 runs plays, 5 pass plays. Or just throw it up to Quick/Britt every time.

Davis worries me greatly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? Keenum is smaller than Davis with similar arm strength....I just don't understand what anybody sees in a guy that was 0-7 as a starter last year. I remember when he came in against the Rams and I knew then the game was over and he threw a pic six to Olgetree...I do understand he's a gamer, however, to me he's just like Austin Davis and I still don't understand for the life of me why the Rams did not claim Ryan Griffin from the Saints.
That was TJ Yates, not Keenum. Keenum 1st 2 games were vs playoff teams KC and Indy where he threw for a combined 620 yards with 4 td and 0 picks. 1 point loss on the road in his first start to an undefeated KC team (at the time) and then a defensive melt down to Indy where the D couldnt hold an 18 point lead late in the game.
If Austin Davis did anything remotely close to that in his career, you'd see some more confidence in him.
The idea that he's only been on the team the last 2 years because of injury to Bradford, and he was awful last week certainly leave room for doubt.

That said, 3 QB on active roster this week? Ugh....

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
It'll be Keenum by half-time. Hopefully he leads an amazing comeback to begin the next chapter of winning football in the St. Louis Rams history books.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
That was TJ Yates, not Keenum. Keenum 1st 2 games were vs playoff teams KC and Indy where he threw for a combined 620 yards with 4 td and 0 picks. 1 point loss on the road in his first start to an undefeated KC team (at the time) and then a defensive melt down to Indy where the D couldnt hold an 18 point lead late in the game.
If Austin Davis did anything remotely close to that in his career, you'd see some more confidence in him.
The idea that he's only been on the team the last 2 years because of injury to Bradford, and he was awful last week certainly leave room for doubt.

That said, 3 QB on active roster this week? Ugh....
Wow, that makes me feel a lot better about Keenum. That said, Hill needs to stay healthy as he gives the Rams the best chance to win.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just think he's got something. Call it a hunch. Keenum was in the worst possible situation last season. The majority of that team had just mailed it in and i liked how Keenum tried to make plays despite being thrown into the fire like he was.

As for our situation well i realize that Shaun Hill is probably the guy who gives us the best chance to win(i get that) but if he misses time well...we're talking about which 3rd string QB should play at that point. We've seen a lot of Davis in the preseason. A lot. Then we saw him get thrown to the wolves last week and struggle to move the chains.

Bottom line for me is this Den:
Bradford is OUT
If Hill goes OUT or is ineffective and the wins don't start by week 5 this season is lost at that point. Davis has been in the system awhile. He hasn't done anything to distinguish himself and Snead even went out and drafted another project with G.Gilbert.

I want to see what the Keenum kid can do with better talent around him than he had last year in 7 gm's with a Houston team that had quit.

SaCkaveli20

Rookie
Name
Chris
I don't think it matters who's at QB, We don't have any good ones on the roster anyways.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Hill can't play, I kind of hope so. Wish Keenum had been with us all off-season. IMO, he'd be playing over Davis. I don't think Keenum is great but Davis just has so many issues. I'm hoping for the best, though.

I am rooting for Davis, but I see the same. Ugh!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, Keenum was slow picking up Houston's playbook so is ours any easier to learn? Let's hope so.

Irish

Starter
If Keenum sees a lot of time as a number one QB for the Rams this year, Fisher may have to revisit his whole "we will never be picking second again" thing

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I want to see what the Keenum kid can do with better talent around him than he had last year in 7 gm's with a Houston team that had quit.

I get it sir, but I just don't see it at best I see Kellen Clemens and it took Clemens years to get to where he is now. Believe me I would love this kid to be special, but I truly wished they passed on him and claimed the bigger, stronger Ryan Griffin from the Saints instead!

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I don't think Davis is a finished product by any means......his first snaps in a live NFL game were last week..... much like a rookie.... let's see what he does when he gets his next chance. Sure he has issues and the least starting experience on this team..... but if the game slows down for him..... he shows greater command of this offense and this team and he helps us win..... then our QB depth just gets stronger....And as long as we win.... I don't care who is at QB this year......Go Rams..... ;)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think it makes sense to get Keenum in there in some capacity. Maybe its for a series at some point in the game. Let him take a few snaps. Maybe the 3rd series of the game.

Im probably in the minority but I think Davis can get it done. He has a full week to prepare, his game is more geared to moving around a little so hopefully they put him in a position to do that.

jjab360

Legend
I get it sir, but I just don't see it at best I see Kellen Clemens and it took Clemens years to get to where he is now. Believe me I would love this kid to be special, but I truly wished they passed on him and claimed the bigger, stronger Ryan Griffin from the Saints instead!
Kellen Clemens? I don't think any QB that's ever played in the NFL has been at best Kellen Clemens, let's not be ridiculous. As for him or Griffin, give me the guy with actual game time experience, helps me sleep better at night.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Keenum can Play well, with a screwed up team, like Houston was last year, I think he could do pretty good with what the Rams have!:D But I still want to see Hill in their this week!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe I'm crazy, but if Hill doesn't practice and Davis gets most of thje reps. ( which he may not be) I think he can play better than he has ,however if he stinks the first half up , what's to lose?
Fisher was asked, on his talk show, if he's ever 'Pulled a QB' from a game in his coaching career, and he said "MAYBE" once. So the BIG question is would Fisher pull him!?