And so it Begins....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Vernon Davis skipping OTAs, wants new deal
3638.jpg

CSN Bay Area reports Vernon Davis is skipping 49ers OTAs due to "dissatisfaction with his contract."
Davis, who is signed through 2015, is putting his money where his mouth is, as he's forfeiting a $200,000 workout bonus. Now 30, the pseudo-holdout will likely be in vain for Davis, who is owned a combined $9.05 million over the next two seasons. The 49ers have far more important contract issues to worry about with Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree and coach Jim Harbaugh. It's unclear if Davis is planning to blow off next month's mandatory minicamp.
Source: CSN Bay Area

49ers are gonna go broke and lose a ton of good players in the next year or two.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
From Wikipedia

Implosion
is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing (or being squeezed in) on themselves. The opposite of explosion, implosion concentrates matter and energy. True implosion usually involves a difference between internal (lower) and external (higher) pressure, or inward and outward forces, that is so large that the structure collapses inward into itself. An example of implosion is the 49ers and the Seahawks.

He doesn't really have much power, if he has two years left on his contract, if I was him I'd make it clear I'm willing to sit out the season if I'm not given a $60m 4 year contract.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Good ol Vern always good for some sort of drama.

jap

Legend
If the guy has to put up with TJ tackling him by his third leg, maybe he should be compensated more. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
What is with all these greedy players? I would release any fool that tried that in my franchise because then you know they are not concerned about the greater good of the team, just focused on their pay checks. You see Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, and now Vernon Davis as elite players? I see them as selfish brats motivated only by the thought of how many millions they can collect and suddenly the NFL is a contest of how much you can inflate your contract! Larry Fitzgerald recently took a salary CUT to give his team flexibility to add talent around him since he actually is passionate about the sport and winning games! How do you think he feels now that Patrick Peterson is demanding a bigger contract and basically reversing what he intended to do? Makes me angry to see players like this so self-absorbed that they are either unaware or simply don't care about their teammates best interests. Sickening...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What is with all these greedy players? I would release any fool that tried that in my franchise because then you know they are not concerned about the greater good of the team, just focused on their pay checks. You see Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, and now Vernon Davis as elite players? I see them as selfish brats motivated only by the thought of how many millions they can collect and suddenly the NFL is a contest of how much you can inflate your contract! Larry Fitzgerald recently took a salary CUT to give his team flexibility to add talent around him since he actually is passionate about the sport and winning games! How do you think he feels now that Patrick Peterson is demanding a bigger contract and basically reversing what he intended to do? Makes me angry to see players like this so self-absorbed that they are either unaware or simply don't care about their teammates best interests. Sickening...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Oh yes, this team is primed to take a helluva step back while we step up and take their place!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Player gets hurt, player gets cut. If they don't have a ton of money guaranteed their careers could end and they've got Jack to show for it. It's not greedy, it's business IMO. Don't ever try to tell another man how much money is enough for him, you'll never be right. Quinn will be requesting a bank breaking deal in two years too...not greedy, just business

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rasta ol buddy I feel ya, but someone is always there to pick the guy up if ya do cut them,hell maybe someone inside the division,just hope he holds out and doesn't work out ,pulls a hammy when he finally reports and misses the first game against us.
IF I WAS THE GM, I'd play his agent this video

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sorry man but Fitz is the same as all of them.

He was the highest paid wr in the league when he inked his deal. And he didn't take a pay cut, he changed his salary into a bonus. He got the same amount of money but the salary cap relief was huge. But all they did in the end was push the problem back another year. Let's see what they do this season.

Dick84

Yeah.. Ramrasta.. because we know *teams* care about the *players*...

I'm just glad to see more discord on the 9ers... I hope they lose focus and turn into a clown show. Because if they're all focused and on the same page.. that's still a *hell* of a roster.

V3

Hall of Fame

Have to disagree on this. If everyone is adamant on saying the NFL is a business, then the players have every right to hold out for more money if they feel they should make more. It's really the only leverage players have. If the team can just cut a player out of nowhere and not have to pay said player most, if any, of the contract, why can't a player ask for more money when they are outperforming their contract? Why is it fair that a team can cut a player if they are underperforming but not have to pay a player more money even though a player is worth WAY more than what they're getting paid? Some players can and do cross the line with regards to what they believe they're worth but I don't think this is really the case for players like Sherman(the best player at his position in the entire NFL), Davis, et al. It has nothing to do with a player's teammates or their interests. It's business.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Have to disagree on this. If everyone is adamant on saying the NFL is a business, then the players have every right to hold out for more money if they feel they should make more. It's really the only leverage players have. If the team can just cut a player out of nowhere and not have to pay said player most, if any, of the contract, why can't a player ask for more money when they are outperforming their contract? Why is it fair that a team can cut a player if they are underperforming but not have to pay a player more money even though a player is worth WAY more than what they're getting paid? Some players can and do cross the line with regards to what they believe they're worth but I don't think this is really the case for players like Sherman(the best player at his position in the entire NFL), Davis, et al. It has nothing to do with a player's teammates or their interests. It's business.

It is a business, that's exactly the point. In any business, you can be fired if you underperform just like players can get cut. When you make millions to play a sport, that's the gamble you are walking into. Frankly, 95% of professional athletes are overpaid if you ask me. When a franchise invests millions of dollars in you, is it right to withhold playing for them simply because in your mind you are not acquiring enough millions yet? The rest of the team is giving all they have to achieve what they always dreamed of and a greedy player can forsake his team on a whim? I don't get the view that the players are deserving of whatever they believe they deserve because they think so. They can do the job they are paid highly to do.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sorry man but Fitz is the same as all of them.

He was the highest paid wr in the league when he inked his deal. And he didn't take a pay cut, he changed his salary into a bonus. He got the same amount of money but the salary cap relief was huge. But all they did in the end was push the problem back another year. Let's see what they do this season.

Man... I admired him for that but I guess he isn't who I believed. Maybe Laurinaitis would have been a better example of a player wholly devoted to his team.